onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Bury v Port Vale

Fosse69

I think Joyce bossed the midfield yesterday. In the latter few games he has shown why we got him. The flip side is Whitfield. Loved him when he first came to the club but has severely disappointed since signed for us. I’m not convinced he’s truly fit enough. He doesn’t seem to have a heart. He keeps making the wrong decisions on the pitch. We are saddled with him and Miller for another season but both should be kept away from the first team going forward.

A new season. Fresh start. Neither had a decent pre season, nor did Manny, cited as a factor in his injury prone season.

They could be different players, who knows?

I'll trust the manager's judgement.

Advert

Thank God that season is over. My cash for my season ticket will be spent when I know for certain that NS has gone. Well done Brown, Pope and Smith for good, consistent performances all season.

Yes, that is exactly where I am too. When S had his rant on administration, what he was actually saying was I deceived all you customers who were buying season tickets by monthly installments. You have wasted that money, you will have to hope new owners come in and honour the amounts paid in, or hey you can join all the other creditors who won't be paid.

That was the line crossed completely for me from being I wish he would leave in an orderly way to you must be removed quickly. A bit like the Maybot really.

I think Joyce bossed the midfield yesterday. In the latter few games he has shown why we got him. The flip side is Whitfield. Loved him when he first came to the club but has severely disappointed since signed for us. I’m not convinced he’s truly fit enough. He doesn’t seem to have a heart. He keeps making the wrong decisions on the pitch. We are saddled with him and Miller for another season but both should be kept away from the first team going forward.

I don't know because we can't see behind the scenes. Whitfield for me has skill, but I think he has a fundamental limitation. He hasn't got explosive acceleration or pace. So that is partly why he appears to make the wrong decisions out wide, because he gets tackled. if that is a physical thing that can be improved then it needs to happen. Otherwise he will have to be taken in a new direction as a player.

I remember seeing Michael Owen play for Liverpool live aged 16/17. By contrast. His acceleration over 5-10 yards was just startling, yet physically he didn't look different to Whitfield.

Even more so at this level players rely on confidence. Whitfield is unlikely to have much when he's barely kicking a ball most weeks. He's show for us in the past that he has the talent. Only by getting a regular run in the side is that talent going to come out of him on anything like a regular enough basis. A bit like Louis Dodds, his main issue may be where exactly you play him in certain formations to get the best out of him.

i think he thinks he’s better than this level and feels he should walk in and if true then that’s where it needs to be nipped in the bud by management, he’s got a lot of following within Vale but he’s not

showed anything this season for us. he could be a key player but its whether he a got the heart to graft and show us what he can do. physically weak but can be a tricky player. also i feel he doesn’t know his best position, is a he a winger? does he play off the striker? he’s played in so many different positions and it’s not worked out. if he is to

stay i hope we see the best of him

Even more so at this level players rely on confidence. Whitfield is unlikely to have much when he's barely kicking a ball most weeks. He's show for us in the past that he has the talent. Only by getting a regular run in the side is that talent going to come out of him on anything like a regular enough basis. A bit like Louis Dodds, his main issue may be where exactly you play him in certain formations to get the best out of him.

Whitfield's main problem is that he isn't half as good as he thinks he is. Two different managers at Vale have shown no confidence in him - you have to ask why. Let him go. And let Miller go with him if he hasn't already gone.

Dan Turner has scored more league goals for Vale than all of them yet they were all seen as great hopes and he is not rated.

Dan Turner has scored 3 league goals in 3 years.

Not really prolific and was sent back by Tamworth because he wasn’t good enough.

He will never be good enough for league football.

None of the Managers rated him and couldn’t believe Baldrick Brown gave him another contract.

Kay will be one of the highest earners in the squad and not worth keeping as a bench warmer.

We need to clear the decks and get a smaller squad of hungry players of league level.

Dan Turner has scored more league goals for Vale than all of them yet they were all seen as great hopes and he is not rated.

He scored 2 in 5 including a worldie on his debut, before loan cut short due to injury. He is a cut above any others on that list. I’m sure if he’d stayed fit he would have easily surpassed Dan’s total and probably kept us up.

Dan Turner has scored 3 league goals in 3 years.

Not really prolific and was sent back by Tamworth because he wasn’t good enough.

He will never be good enough for league football.

None of the Managers rated him and couldn’t believe Baldrick Brown gave him another contract.

Kay will be one of the highest earners in the squad and not worth keeping as a bench warmer.

We need to clear the decks and get a smaller squad of hungry players of league level.

Turner has only had seven starts because we were messing about trying to find hidden gems instead of developing our own players.

Turner has only had seven starts because

...he's not good enough. Not strong enough. Not quick enough. He's simply not up to it as a striker in the Football League.

He's a National League North player, if he's lucky.

You bang on about him as much as you do V2001....... I hope you're not a betting man with your obsession for backing losers!

Archived