onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Expiring Contracts

Emile

The current state of affairs means we cannot offer any contracts. Even those that will still be under contract may all still leave after may 5th if we are not funded by Smurthwaite . There will not be any season ticket money to fund players wages after the season finishes and even the managers contract is up then. I find it difficult to see how anyone can takeover in just 5 weeks and I fear another huge crisis is about to unfold. The mess Smurthwaite has unwoven maybe traumatic for the club its staff and for us fans.

It depends if any of our current players are of the David Artell persuasion. If you recall he was the only one who jumped ship the last time we went into admin.

Advert

It depends if any of our current players are of the David Artell persuasion. If you recall he was the only one who jumped ship the last time we went into admin.

Irony is, it was eventually Smurfwaite who paid the money to take us out of admin in the first place.

For some mad reason he thinks it is ok to take us back in!

Agreed we need quality over quantity. If we have a budget of £1.5m then spend it on a squad of 24 better players rather than 34 players with the Jam spread too thinly as per the last few seasons.

Wasn’t this EXACTLY what Aspin said when first appointed ? It just shows how much say the manager has over player signings.

While Fat Face is still here NOTHING will change. We all know which way player “recruitment” (I hate that expression) should go, but while tubby is still in control we will continue to sign (and I’m being kind) “chancers” who may help to bulge our leader’s already overflowing back pocket sometime in the future.

Not that I’m cynical of course.

Agreed we need quality over quantity. If we have a budget of £1.5m then spend it on a squad of 24 better players rather than 34 players with the Jam spread too thinly as per the last few seasons.

We should not have a budget of 1.5 mill although we have done. And it will get worse under fat man.

Crewe had a wage budget of 2.5 mill two years ago.

New owners. Run the club with a profit. Local businesses. This club will boom.

Sit back, like Dave off praise and grumble, Howjy, REP RIP, and more idiots like that, we are done.

We should not have a budget of 1.5 mill although we have done. And it will get worse under fat man.

Crewe had a wage budget of 2.5 mill two years ago.

New owners. Run the club with a profit. Local businesses. This club will boom.

Sit back, like Dave off praise and grumble, Howjy, REP RIP, and more idiots like that, we are done.

I wish you would stop bating ,The Master.You know jack.

Who would you keep?

Antony Kay

Michael Tonge

David Worrall

Danny Pugh

Leon Legge

Nathan Smith

Cristian Montano

Emmanuel Oyeleke

Tom Conlon

Dan Turner

Connell Rawlinson

Theo Vassell

Sam Hornby

Mitchell Clark Mitchell Clark (contract expiring at parent club)

Adam Crookes (Contract expiring at parent club)

James Gibbons

Luke Hannant

Danny Elliott

Dior Angus

Kyle Howkins (Contract expiring at parent club)

*List from Transfer market so not 100% accurate

Worrall

Legge

Smith

Oleyeke

Hornsby

Conlon

Hannant

Gibbons

Angus

Maybe Elliot looked decent when I first saw him

Make a move for howkins

Wouldn’t mind rawlinson and Kay staying as back up

Worrall

Legge

Smith

Oleyeke

Hornsby

Conlon

Hannant

Gibbons

Angus

Maybe Elliot looked decent when I first saw him

Make a move for howkins

Wouldn’t mind rawlinson and Kay staying as back up

I would rather keep Elliott and Angus than Kay and Rawlinson.

We need to improve the team with decent players and get rid of the dead wood.I would love to keep Clark,Crookes and Howkins.

As already stated we need to reduce the squad from 32 to about 24 players.

I think we need to stop trying to win the Central Reserves League. 18 good players then youth/development players.We need to get more youth players in our reserve team to create a better pathway to bring the next Gibbons through into the 1st team.

Renew

Worrall

Smith

Hornsby

Conlon

Gibbons

Monty

Never seen Angus or Elliot play so can't make a judgement on those two.

Loan players would love Crookes & Howkins if they are available think have very good potential. Mitch Clarke has done well but not much difference between him and Gibbons so why not develop our own?

A couple of controversial points of view with the squad to release ......

Release

Legge - he's not value for money.Head on a stick can't run.Would be worried about his longevity of another season.

Manny - unless he's cheap as back-up. Think there would be much better options than him in the transfer market for the position he plays within Askey's system.

Hannant - runs around like a headless chicken lacks the decision making, first touch and passing ability to make a real difference at this level.

Would leave plenty of room to reshape the squad.

I think we need to stop trying to win the Central Reserves League. 18 good players then youth/development players.We need to get more youth players in our reserve team to create a better pathway to bring the next Gibbons through into the 1st team.

Renew

Worrall

Smith

Hornsby

Conlon

Gibbons

Monty

Never seen Angus or Elliot play so can't make a judgement on those two.

Loan players would love Crookes & Howkins if they are available think have very good potential. Mitch Clarke has done well but not much difference between him and Gibbons so why not develop our own?

A couple of controversial points of view with the squad to release ......

Release

Legge - he's not value for money.Head on a stick can't run.Would be worried about his longevity of another season.

Manny - unless he's cheap as back-up. Think there would be much better options than him in the transfer market for the position he plays within Askey's system.

Hannant - runs around like a headless chicken lacks the decision making, first touch and passing ability to make a real difference at this level.

Would leave plenty of room to reshape the squad.

Can’t agree with some of that MBE.Manny is the best player at the club.Injuries have held him back this season.Hannant has the most assists of any player at the club.

Archived