onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

Advert

True.

I totally agree Norm has to go but Synetics worry me though for two main reasons:

1- They can't sfford to buy the club outright which suggests they're not wadded and we need wadded.

2- The law of averages would suggest that the answer to all our problems are not next door. Call me a cynic if you will.

I'm not saying I don;t want them to buy the club, I just have conerns.

My concerns also.

The problem with the 'anyone but Smurf' attitude is that it means the next owners do not have to actually be the right people, the criteria is simply that they are not Norman Smurthwaite. In the same way that 'anyone but V2001' led to us being in this predicament with Norman Smurthwaite.

I'm not so worried about them not having the money. I don't think we need an owner with that much money. We need an owner who can drum up positivity and run the thing on an even keel, making small improvements and every few years making some big changes (like a new stand etc).

However, I'm not blown away by what I've heard from Carol on the radio and in the press. She seems very much a 'heart over head' person - as can be seen in the willingness to pay way over the odds for the club off the back of sitting with disgruntled fans at Cheltenham. When asked why she wants the club she says 'why wouldn't you when you walk around the stands' and when asked about the financial consequences of relegation all she said was 'we'd have less away fans'. Answers like that do worry me massively.

But - if it's a straight choice between the two, we're in such a state that we'd again have to take a chance with Synetics over Smurthwaite. What happens 3 years down the line is anyone's guess, but Vale fans are in a cycle of throwing their toys out of the pram whenever things aren't going as they want and not turning up when things are going just fine (look at our attendances when Page was getting us mid table in L1 playing good football). I hope Synetics understand that there woild be no way of hiding from the mob if things don't go swimmingly.

True.

I totally agree Norm has to go but Synetics worry me though for two main reasons:

1- They can't sfford to buy the club outright which suggests they're not wadded and we need wadded.

2- The law of averages would suggest that the answer to all our problems are not next door. Call me a cynic if you will.

I'm not saying I don;t want them to buy the club, I just have conerns.

1 how do you know they can't afford to buy the club outright?

2 would they really **** on there own doorstep? Synetics have put themselves out there in the wider community employ 350 people, engaged with many community groups

Just the kind of neibours we need in my opinion

not turning up when things are going just fine (look at our attendances when Page was getting us mid table in L1 playing good football).

So true. We've got a huge but latent support that comes out for 3 or 4 away games per season, almost regardless of how we're doing or what league we're in.

It is of course their right to do so, but what we really need is to up the home gates. There has been literally no attempt to do so under Smurthwaite, never mind even trying to retain the current support.

Synectics couldn't possibly do a worse job than doing no job at all in this respect.

So true. We've got a huge but latent support that comes out for 3 or 4 away games per season, almost regardless of how we're doing or what league we're in.

It is of course their right to do so, but what we really need is to up the home gates. There has been literally no attempt to do so under Smurthwaite, never mind even trying to retain the current support.

Synectics couldn't possibly do a worse job than doing no job at all in this respect.

I agree with you there and I myself have fallen into that category.

I noticed on Boxing Day the increase in attendance was almost all down to the increase in corporate (which was full to the brim) rather than any noticeable increase in the numbers in the stands. This led me to believe that there's a lot more incentive for NS and staff to sell the corporate side (less transparent - numbers and what they're paying is less clear) than filling seats (something more transparent - we know how many are attending and how much they pay).

1 how do you know they can't afford to buy the club outright?

2 would they really **** on there own doorstep? Synetics have put themselves out there in the wider community employ 350 people, engaged with many community groups

Just the kind of neibours we need in my opinion

1. If they can, why haven;t they?

2. I'm not sur if you're right about the number of employees etc but I don't think it's ******** on your door step to underestimate the task at hand. I'm sure they're great neighbours, I'm in no doubt. I've got a great neighbour- that doesn't mean I want him to move in.

I agree with you there and I myself have fallen into that category.

I noticed on Boxing Day the increase in attendance was almost all down to the increase in corporate (which was full to the brim) rather than any noticeable increase in the numbers in the stands. This led me to believe that there's a lot more incentive for NS and staff to sell the corporate side (less transparent - numbers and what they're paying is less clear) than filling seats (something more transparent - we know how many are attending and how much they pay).

Well that would certainly tie in in with his scandalous "not fussed about season tickets" remark. Except what kind of spectacle is football without fans on the terraces? Not only that, the corporate areas are rarely full for midweek or run-of-the-mill games.

The bloke doesn't have the first clue about football (remember, this is the chairman who said in the promotion season he couldn't wait for the game against Burton on Trent!).

1. If they can, why haven;t they?

2. I'm not sur if you're right about the number of employees etc but I don't think it's ******** on your door step to underestimate the task at hand. I'm sure they're great neighbours, I'm in no doubt. I've got a great neighbour- that doesn't mean I want him to move in.

With Smurthwaite's track record and reputation within the game, would you hand all the money over in one go? The "diligence" in due diligence would have to go into overdrive to get to the bottom of this character's handling of finances at the club, so I don't blame them at all for protecting themselves in this way.

The only issue with that is that’s what I thought last time and we’ve ended up with smurthwaite

Every takeover has an element of risk, even one's that are seemingly successful (I'd hate to be a Man City fan now when you see how slick, corporate and soulless the club has become, ditto Chelsea).

But i get the feeling the Shanahans "feel" the club in a way that Smurthwaite never could. I'll take that chance.

The only issue with that is that’s what I thought last time and we’ve ended up with smurthwaite

We ended up with Smurthwaite (and Wildes) because the administrators thought they were the best bet. Out of the candidates that showed their hand maybe Smurthwaite WITH Wildes were - all the problems stem from after Wildes left.

With Smurthwaite's track record and reputation within the game, would you hand all the money over in one go? The "diligence" in due diligence would have to go into overdrive to get to the bottom of this character's handling of finances at the club, so I don't blame them at all for protecting themselves in this way.

That doesn't make sense, in fact it's down right daft. If it means paying him off so he retains no interest in the club then of course you'd pay up front. They'd wouldn't give a penny until they were satisfied with the books etc. and it wouldn't be protecting anything as they'd still be contractually bound to pay.

This making stuff up to fit an argument is just getting silly now.

Archived