onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

I'd prefer someone local, but I reached the point about 18 months ago that anyone is better than Smurthwaite, so I suppose the answer to your question is "yes".

Smurthwaite is like a cancer and needs to be removed.

I heard Ian Donaldson from Autonet wanted to invest in the local community.

Possibly he could combine with Carol and come up with a reasonable offer up front.

Keep the pressure on Mr Blobby by keep putting reduced offers on the table and publicising it. Inform him that the value of the club is dropping every day and if he wants to sell he must be quick.

Advert

How many new owners are "known quantities"? And do you seriously think we could do any worse than the current incumbent?

I think we could do a lot worse- how are Stockport these days. And Chester. And Darlington. And Scarborugh...

There is so much hate towards him, a lot of which is justified, that the whole issue is surroinunded by 95% rubbish. Making an assessment of Smurf is impossible as the waters are so muddied.

Let's get one thing absolutely straight- he is not selling the land for development. The ground has a developable value of precisely **** all (some idiiot on Facebook approximated £40m, which is just laughable). It has terrible transfer links, poor local infrastructure and it's built on mineshafts- it is worth nothing, get over that particular slice of nonsense pie.

The smear campaign is for me hugely detrimental to the genuine Smurf out capaign. Name calling, accusation throwing and threats are the stuff of school yard children. The various Facebook groups are embarrassing, "drag him out and stamp on his head" (sic) was one comment I read before I decided to leave TWOPV and VTID; I've no wish to be associated with people like that.

The level of toxicity has long reached unbareable as far as I'm concnered and I've no desire to be a part of anything to do with Port Vale for the foreseeable. the club I loved is dead and I've made my peace with that. The difffernce between me and some is that I won't pretend my absence is some sort of protest, I just don't want to go anymore. Shame

The flatulence may not appear for a while.What then?Protests?Angry fans?I think most people trust CS which,personally,tends me to sway in their favour.They are already involved with the club and appear to be the right fit.At the end of the day people have to trust the new owner.

You were suggesting an unknown quantity..... CS isn't an unknown... untried and untested as a football club owner definitely.

I think we could do a lot worse- how are Stockport these days. And Chester. And Darlington. And Scarborugh...

There is so much hate towards him, a lot of which is justified, that the whole issue is surroinunded by 95% rubbish. Making an assessment of Smurf is impossible as the waters are so muddied.

Let's get one thing absolutely straight- he is not selling the land for development. The ground has a developable value of precisely **** all (some idiiot on Facebook approximated £40m, which is just laughable). It has terrible transfer links, poor local infrastructure and it's built on mineshafts- it is worth nothing, get over that particular slice of nonsense pie.

The smear campaign is for me hugely detrimental to the genuine Smurf out capaign. Name calling, accusation throwing and threats are the stuff of school yard children. The various Facebook groups are embarrassing, "drag him out and stamp on his head" (sic) was one comment I read before I decided to leave TWOPV and VTID; I've no wish to be associated with people like that.

The level of toxicity has long reached unbareable as far as I'm concnered and I've no desire to be a part of anything to do with Port Vale for the foreseeable. the club I loved is dead and I've made my peace with that. The difffernce between me and some is that I won't pretend my absence is some sort of protest, I just don't want to go anymore. Shame

We’re heading the same way as the clubs you listed!

We’re heading the same way as the clubs you listed!

As if to prove a point- clasic, nonsense scare mongering!

No we aren't we might end up in the confernece but we are not going to the wall, get a grip.

How do you know? Would you bet your house on it?

Aren't the neighbours ready to ride in and save us all? And I'm sure they will, until they do something the mob don't like and they become the villain, the protests start again...repeat.

They would have to be absolutely atrocious as owners to do any worse than Mr Smurthwaite, the legacy of his mismanagement should guarantee any new owners a reasonable period of grace.

True.

I totally agree Norm has to go but Synetics worry me though for two main reasons:

1- They can't sfford to buy the club outright which suggests they're not wadded and we need wadded.

2- The law of averages would suggest that the answer to all our problems are not next door. Call me a cynic if you will.

I'm not saying I don;t want them to buy the club, I just have conerns.

Aren't the neighbours ready to ride in and save us all? And I'm sure they will, until they do something the mob don't like and they become the villain, the protests start again...repeat.

Synectics, the owners after them ,or the owners after them might indeed do something to the detriment of the club. In which case the fans (the one constant at PVFC) would speak up.

What should they do? Put up and shut up? Look where that's got so many other clubs who have been ruined by idiots like Smurthwaite.

I'm a fan, not a doormat.

Exactly what will happen in time. How long before that ‘nice lady’ is called out as a ‘big fat whore’? Then who do the mob want?

It’s just the social media mob mentality who think they can do better but don’t have the money or the insight to do so.

Just because most of us don't have the money to effect change doesn't mean it doesn't need to happen.

By your logic, only the people with money would ever achieve anything.

Just because most of us don't have the money to effect change doesn't mean it doesn't need to happen.

By your logic, only the people with money would ever achieve anything.

Not at all, form an alliance which I think is SS’s best way forward if they can’t currently manage to buy the club outright at an agreeable price. As long as people aren’t as bent as Billy Bratt and all the cowboys from all forms of V2001 it might just work.

However let’s be honest without lots of millions we will be here in a couple of years with whoever the new owners are as they won’t have the dosh to take us forward.

Archived