onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

Those who want the prestige of owning a football league club.

He is having to travel, allegedly all the way to Hong Kong to find one of those. By the way is he better yet and therefore on his way to Hong Kong. Or is it a case of Hong Kong Phoney ? Wasn't he a cartoon dog. Just hope the protests haven't scared them off too just like the £500k Chinese sponsor. You couldn't make it up could you.

Advert

Stoke Audi is bigger than Port Vale. Don't forget that.

Anyway, why do you assume that I need to ask that question. I have already said Synetics are preferable to Normal Smurthwaite. But that's not saying much. My point is that we have (once again) got ourselves into such a state that we are happy for 'anyone but the current owner' to own the club. The same as what happened with V2001.

What happens in three years when Synetics are basically a reincarnated V2001 - Lovely ideas but no money or football knowhow - is what worries me.

That last paragraph sums everything up for me at the moment.

Stoke Audi is bigger than Port Vale. Don't forget that.

Anyway, why do you assume that I need to ask that question. I have already said Synetics are preferable to Normal Smurthwaite. But that's not saying much. My point is that we have (once again) got ourselves into such a state that we are happy for 'anyone but the current owner' to own the club. The same as what happened with V2001.

What happens in three years when Synetics are basically a reincarnated V2001 - Lovely ideas but no money or football knowhow - is what worries me.

Sometimes, as in life, you can't get what you want so you have to accept what you can get until can.

You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need.

Rolling Stones.... 1969.... track 9.... let it bleed album.

I agree with you there and I myself have fallen into that category.

I noticed on Boxing Day the increase in attendance was almost all down to the increase in corporate (which was full to the brim) rather than any noticeable increase in the numbers in the stands. This led me to believe that there's a lot more incentive for NS and staff to sell the corporate side (less transparent - numbers and what they're paying is less clear) than filling seats (something more transparent - we know how many are attending and how much they pay).

Corporate can be a money spinner, and part of Lorne St is still unused, also a good earner with non-match events. Nor are we likely to be swamped by prawn sandwiches , or sell tunnel seats for £60k a pair plus annual fees.

So you believe a proven liar?

There's nothing to believe or not believe from his angle. All he's said is that he doesn't want to lend someone money to buy something off him. The installments thing has come from Synetics. I don't think they're lying but equally I think it's possible that in these farcical sounding discussions they've been having with Smurthwaite that they've been spun a yarn.

This has been answered so many times, by so many people.

1. It was Norman's idea.

2. It benefits the club as it leaves money available to invest into the club in the short term. Surely all Vale fans would want that?

I don't understand why Vale fans are so keen for Smurthwaite to get all of the money upfront.

Depends how much he would be adding on for what is a loan by himself

There's nothing to believe or not believe from his angle. All he's said is that he doesn't want to lend someone money to buy something off him. The installments thing has come from Synetics. I don't think they're lying but equally I think it's possible that in these farcical sounding discussions they've been having with Smurthwaite that they've been spun a yarn.

Utter cack....

Is that why they’ve done it?

I’m aware Alan Baker and Bede are involved but wondered if anyone with money was involved as well?

I've no idea why they've done it. It could be that, it could be to avoid distractions from the job at hand, it could be because it's not actually important who is doing it as long as someone with energy, competence and Vale's interest at heart is?

Seriously? Smurthwaite is a proven liar. How can anyone in their right mind believe him over them. The only farce on this is his actions.

You appear to have closed your mind re Synectics despite the fact they've done nothing to influence that decision. Smurthwaite on the other hand has lied countless times, and yet you'd take his word over there's? Unbelievable.

They presumably have far more customers/clients than Smurf. Their expertise is what they sell. They are not likely to be experts in everything so know when to consult or take advice. Football advice is available, and cash flow and investment is part of their business, they also have local interest. Less of a worry than our current state, but worrying will always be there. No doubt Liverpool fans are worrying that their chances of number one will be less next season, not that it is the sort of worry that would worry me, only an example and off-topic.

Seriously? Smurthwaite is a proven liar. How can anyone in their right mind believe him over them. The only farce on this is his actions.

You appear to have closed your mind re Synectics despite the fact they've done nothing to influence that decision. Smurthwaite on the other hand has lied countless times, and yet you'd take his word over there's? Unbelievable.

No no. Everyone else is wrong. JJ is too intelligent for us all.

Archived