onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

Have you even listened to her interview with Radio Stoke? Can't wait to walk into the Railway Stand tomorrow, have a look around at the beautiful surroundings and think 'why wouldn't I want to own it?'.

Christ alive.

Yes. As a Vale fan she inspires me.

You say that about the railway, but Norman's fighting tooth and nail to keep hold of it.

Advert

Are you suggesting that SS are telling lies when they said instalments was a Smuthwaite idea?[/quote

No, I'm not suggesting anything.

So why say?

I'm saying the installment thing has come solely from Synetics, yet everyone says it came from Smurthwaite.

When CS has said publicly that the instalments idea was from NS?

Yes. As a Vale fan she inspires me.

You say that about the railway, but Norman's fighting tooth and nail to keep hold of it.

I'm more inspired by the local business who's turnover is 6 times that of Synetics, contribute massively to the local economy and give loads to charity.

If only they were interested... ;)

He said he won't accept payment in instalments, Carol said instalments were his suggestion.

Is there a version of that you believe over the other. If so, why?

What I believe is that at some point during the text message/actual meetings between the parties, that the possibility of paying in installments came up as a viable way of structuring the deal. Smurthwaite's incentive could be for tax reasons or so that he still has some perverse hold on the club for years to come. Synetics incentive would be that it was the only way to buy the club (if they can't afford the whole amount upfront) or that it would allow them to add more funds to turn the club around in the short term. In those terms, I believe what she is saying. What we don't know is whether anything was discussed in detail about the structure of payments or what the upfront fee would look like. My feeling is that Smurthwaite gave them the price (outrageously overpriced by the way) and Synetics understood that installments were acceptable. They then structured the deal based on those assumptions. I'm reading between the lines that the dialogue wasn't extensive between the parties and as such Synetics came up with a structure they thought was acceptable but it was different to what Smurthwaite had in mind.

Can't argue with much of that, to be fair. Although I really don't think that Synectics being able to afford it is an issue. It's more they're being cautious not to just give him a ludicrous and unjustified cash sum.

Can't argue with much of that, to be fair. Although I really don't think that Synectics being able to afford it is an issue. It's more they're being cautious not to just give him a ludicrous and unjustified cash sum.

Fair enough, Bede. Getting battered on here for suggesting Synectics may not be ready or able to run the club in spite of clearly saying they would be a better alternative than Norman Smurhtwaite shows the mob mentality on here at the moment.

I'm more inspired by the local business who's turnover is 6 times that of Synetics, contribute massively to the local economy and give loads to charity.

If only they were interested... ;)

Has he made an offer?

Synectics give massively to charity by the way - they were instrumental in setting up the Holiday Hunger programme for kids.

Fair enough, Bede. Getting battered on here for suggesting Synectics may not be ready or able to run the club in spite of clearly saying they would be a better alternative than Norman Smurhtwaite shows the mob mentality on here at the moment.

Just because a lot of people would like something to happen doesn't make them a mob!

If there were other parties interested in PVFC then I as a fan would be supportive of them if they did take over.

Why would Smurf be travelling to Hong Kong to meet potential buyers, it would be more sensible for the potential buyers to come to S-o-T for obvious reasons, perhaps they've been already. There's as much sense in this rumor as a Boston, USA Hedge Fund being interested in buying the Vale.

Vale fans questioning Synectics buying the Vale ought remember the catalogue of Smurthwaite inspired disasters. The disgraceful manner in which he acted in June 2016, the appointment of Ribeiro and refusal to spend money during the last 3 transfer windows when it was clear the team needed strenthening and the awful to name just three.

If Vale are relegated why would an owner who has spent hardly any money on the team over the last 3 years spend money on a team in the Conference (Despite receiving 2m+ quid in sell of fees etc). Hence there's a fair chance Vale could get relegated again into the National Lge North.

There's so much that doesn't add up about Smurthwaite. Give me new owners who are local, have a track record of building a successful, medium sized, profitable business over a "Del Boy character" who's been shown wanting so many times.

Archived