onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

Advert

Be fair Howjy... you were called out for saying the fans would be to blame if Norman decided to be an idiot and ruin things out of spite... that would be the fault of only one man. Norman Snurthwaite.

I included all parties IC.Smurthwaite,Fans,Managers,Players and Administrators.Spite could be Smurthwaite’s answer to fans protesting .I don’t think we are too far off a deal.I won’t get into any more arguments but I’m still not convinced demos will help.My opinion.Listening to CS,she seems to be the voice of reason.I prefer to listen to her than aggressive protesters.Here’s hoping it doesn’t drag on..UTV.

I’ve read the Sentinel article and most of the posts on this thread but I am reading differing amounts of what has been offered. I’m sure that Carol said on RS that they had offered £1.25m up front, £3m over five years plus Fatty could keep £400k of the next Hugill instalment making £4.65m in total.

I’ve read the Sentinel article and most of the posts on this thread but I am reading differing amounts of what has been offered. I’m sure that Carol said on RS that they had offered £1.25m up front, £3m over five years plus Fatty could keep £400k of the next Hugill instalment making £4.625m in total.

Hasn’t the upfront payment been reduced in the latest bid.

Hasn’t the upfront payment been reduced in the latest bid.

Just listened again and Carol said that £4.65m was the bid three weeks ago and Smurthwaite said that was not enough. I think the last bid was less as the club had gone down 1 or 2 places in the league. Smurthwaite has definitely lost his marbles, shame really as he could go and play with them on the M6 to quote one of his past insults to a supporter.

Not posted for a long while but,

The grinch has something to do with Nuneaton Borough if I'm not mistaken, and he said Coventry could use it for training.

Now, aren't Coventry nearly out of a stadium for next year and maybe after somewhere to play?

If, and I pray I'm wrong, we go down, Coventry have a ready made league ground in Vale Park to use for the usual rental, plus concourse sales etc, one weekend, and we'd have it the next.

Oh God I hope I'm wrong.

The grinch has something to do with Nuneaton Borough if I'm not mistaken, and he said Coventry could use it for training.

Now, aren't Coventry nearly out of a stadium for next year and maybe after somewhere to play?

If, and I pray I'm wrong, we go down, Coventry have a ready made league ground in Vale Park to use for the usual rental, plus concourse sales etc, one weekend, and we'd have it the next.

Oh God I hope I'm wrong.

Hadn’t thought of that... this could be the extra revenue that’s forcing the valuation up.

Oh God I hope I'm wrong.

In the following article he says:

By pure coincidence Smurthwaite has been trying to get in touch with City’s chief executive Tim Fisher for advice on how to run a football club.

“I am hoping he could give me some guidance because I’ve never owned a football club before,” he revealed.

“But I didn’t want him to think that I am offering my football ground to them as a venue, although I would be happy to look at it. I wanted to go to the club to understand their business model.”

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/millionaire-coventry-city-fan-who-3015811

In the following article he says:

By pure coincidence Smurthwaite has been trying to get in touch with City’s chief executive Tim Fisher for advice on how to run a football club.

“I am hoping he could give me some guidance because I’ve never owned a football club before,” he revealed.

“But I didn’t want him to think that I am offering my football ground to them as a venue, although I would be happy to look at it. I wanted to go to the club to understand their business model.”

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/millionaire-coventry-city-fan-who-3015811

Article dated 2012, I think Blackpool became his mentor

Oh God I hope I'm wrong.

Not unless vale Park is moved to within 6 miles of Coventry city center, they are the new football league rules, so for them it's either make a deal with wasps or adios league status...

Archived