onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence

Emile

Do you want Neil Aspin to continue as Manager of Port Vale?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Neil Aspin to continue as Manager of Port Vale?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

We want Aspin out, we want Aspin out. Embarrassment of a manager. Only thing some Vale fans are saying he should stay is because Smurf is not to be trusted to give us a decent manager. What a farce! Vale are crap BECAUSE this is Aspin's side. He anner got a diddley squat of a clue. Grow some balls you Valiants, get this loser out of our Club before we enter the non league rat race. As a home and away fan I can sincerely state I am 100% behind any thing that now rids us of this totally incompetent, boring, out of his depth sham of a league manager.

No. I’ve had enough. He puts out a dreadful team to ruin Christmas and then puts on an interview where his biggest issue is that a few of the victims who paid money to watch that garbage when good Bond films were on, shouted a few mean things.

Utterly self obsorbed. People got angry because he is not getting this team performing well enough.

Almost Gannon levels of self pity.

Love him but for the good of the club he needs to go.

Last few games I’ve struggled to motivate to go as I know il be bored shitless. Travel from Leicestershire and paying £40-50 for that it’s feeling a waste at the moment.

I genuinely believe we have decent enough players to be higher up the league and more comfortable but look today this is a football league manager someone explain the logic in this:

Plays two big target men type strikers up front ok that’s fine, Notts County did it to great success last year but...

Plays narrow with no width first half! So you have two target men but no one to get the crosses in for them to attack rendering them totally pointless together.

Remember that Smurthwaite wanted Askey from Macc initially,who turned us down because he was offered less than he was on.

Aspin has said that he and his staff are not here for the money.

My point? Well Aspin is doing a dire job and I feel the cracks are showing falling out with fans is the classic symptom,he should be relieved of his duties, will he ? No I dont think he will,Smurthwaite is happy chugging along I honestly dont think he cares what league we are in as long as his payments are coming in,the lower we go the less the budget,Smurthwaites strangle hold has got us spinning out of control and the future is very bleak.

We can not blame Smurf for whatever you would call the offerings NA serves up every time we take to the pitch, but we can and will blame him if......

A) He doesn't now get rid of him

and or

B) He doesn't replace him with someone who can at least organise a football team and has even a remote idea on how to motivate a team of unmotivated souls.

As a player, Aspin was a true lion in both spirit and in the way he played, but alas, it now strikes me every time I watch us play, that as a manager he has evolved into a lamb - a real polar opposite.

He shows no conviction, no belief and no offensive ambition. He clearly doesn't know how to organise a team and worse even a defence and clearly struggles just as badly with the art of motivation, and it is obvious to all of us, how it is affecting the players he sends out.

To then loudly turn on the very fans who pay his wages and do so in such a public fashion, is to me the last straw, and almost makes smurfs job quite easy.....he has to go I am afraid before we get dragged into a real relegation scrap, and we're not far away from it

Let's turn the question on its head. The window opens in less than a week, do you give him money* to spend?

(*Hypothetically obviously, this is Smurthwaite)

It’s nothing to do with Money, don’t you see it every week, regardless of who ‘might’ come in, they will end up playing in a team where we have no style, no identity, no way of playing and out playing opposition teams. 2-4 new players is not going to change the way he sets the team up, the way they play week in week out.... he’s losing the belief in the squad, but more importantly you are losing the fans, this is an entertainment game and we are most certainly and won’t be an entertaining team to watch under Aspin.

You tell me what you think our style of play is?

I'm neither defending Aspo or attacking him because I simply don't know the facts. People say that it is 'his team' but I wonder is that really true? . Or is it simply the team made up of players some of which are gambles or flawed because that is all he could afford to bring in? I do know one thing and that is the Irish lad will only join us as a last resort because knowing the owner the money offered to him will hardly be likely to lure him to sign on the dotted line. I mention this to highlight the handicap the manager is likely to be working under.

Yes the standard of our play is absolutely dreadful and the manager's team selection is very puzzling at times but is he so defensive because most of these young novices are terribly inconsistent.

The Asp has made a few good signings Brown and Legge being two (though Legge lives up to his name of being very leggy)The games against Sunderland and Stoke highlight my point. In these matches the lads turned up and did a good job. Since then the standard has been totally unacceptable and has got all of the fans backs up.

Seriously the standard of entertainment is non-existent but I do wonder if the squad we have is really made up with the players that the manager really wanted or is more a case of the one he was forced into recruiting?

Personally I hope that he stays to spend the 'fortune' that the owner has promised in January and it will tell us whether Smurthwaite keeps his promise and whether Neil Aspin then recruits wisely? Remember £400,000 sounds a lot but if it includes the money to cover the new players contract it is really 'chicken feed' which will only attract a couple more old roosters.

I cannot believe there are still fans attempting to come up with flimsy reasons why Aspin should stay. Get real! Aspin is, at best, an average non league manager. I do not want him taking my team down there. He has lost the respect of a large amount of the fan base and it's time he accepted and admitted he is out of his depth here. He cannot change and we are seeing the true depth of his ability as a manager, and that is taking us closer and closer to the unthinkable. If he had shown only a few signs of being capable of offering us hope, I would allow him one last chance. BUT he is what he is and to me that shouts out loud that we just have to get rid.

A bit of respect is needed. Fair, enough, slate the tactics, formation and team selection when it deserves to be slated, I have over the past few games.

However, Aspin is entitled to bite back if he is getting personal abuse. He wants Vale to succeed as much as anyone and he is rebuilding a team from scratch. Sixteen new players in the summer. Half of these have been decent enough, the other half have not had such an impact. We're looking more solid than last season but are predictable, boring, toothless as an attacking force. It will take more time to improve us further and clearly some investment in better attacking players. Over to you NS and your pledge of January funds.

Criticism of football issues where it's due but not personal abuse from the stands during games. It's bang out of order.

I cannot believe there are still fans attempting to come up with flimsy reasons why Aspin should stay. Get real! Aspin is, at best, an average non league manager. I do not want him taking my team down there. He has lost the respect of a large amount of the fan base and it's time he accepted and admitted he is out of his depth here. He cannot change and we are seeing the true depth of his ability as a manager, and that is taking us closer and closer to the unthinkable. If he had shown only a few signs of being capable of offering us hope, I would allow him one last chance. BUT he is what he is and to me that shouts out loud that we just have to get rid.

I expect Norma will get rid at some point. Problem is that he has no idea who to replace Aspo with. Fortunately Mixu Paatelainen is currently unavailable as he is managing the Latvian national team....

Archived