onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfwaite / Nuneaton

Inbothcamps

Totally agree, its all seems very dodgy. Smoke and mirrors.

If the worst comes to the worst for Nuneaton and they have to move or fold then buying the ground is a very shrewd business move.

Who owned the ground in the first place, I assumed our chairman bought the ground from the football club and the funds reinvested into running the club, but now assume it was used to clear previous dept.

Advert

I find it quite astonishing, if not surprising, that Smurfthwaite appears to be flagrantly disregarding FA rules about involvement with two clubs.

He spent the whole summer allegedly distancing himself from the running of Nuneaton. Yet here we have the football manager no less saying that he had sat around a no doubt sturdy table with Smurfthwaite discussing team expectations and indeed his own future !

Bizarre. Quite bizarre.

This is very worrying - if it comes to light that our owner not only owns the ground but somehow inadvertently (shall we say) ended up owning another club then what punishment could WE have to stand to - transfer embargo worse points deduction. We know that our owner owns the ground, he has met with the manager to discuss the future and we have loaned players from our club to Nuneaton yet nobody knows WHO own Nuneaton or nobody wants to admit to owning the club for some reason.

Very worrying

Who owned the ground in the first place, I assumed our chairman bought the ground from the football club and the funds reinvested into running the club, but now assume it was used to clear previous dept.

The ground and the club had already been split into two separate companies years ago. Both were owned by the outgoing chairman Lee Thorn up until the summer.

The club is Boro Leisure Limited and the stadium Boro Stadium Company Limited.

Smurthwaite bought Boro Stadium Company from Thorn in the summer, he is the sole director of that company now and changed the company's address to Vale Park. That is all on record.

The ownership of Boro Leisure is the mystery. Smurthwaite claims Thorn is still the owner. Thorn apparently disagrees. Thorn has removed himself but the current owner hasn't updated the director and shareholder information on Companies House.

Luckily it's Norm we're talking about here so I'm sure everything is above board.

This is very worrying - if it comes to light that our owner not only owns the ground but somehow inadvertently (shall we say) ended up owning another club then what punishment could WE have to stand to - transfer embargo worse points deduction. We know that our owner owns the ground, he has met with the manager to discuss the future and we have loaned players from our club to Nuneaton yet nobody knows WHO own Nuneaton or nobody wants to admit to owning the club for some reason.

The Smurthwaites' holding company Falcon Alliance also owns Nuneaton Borough's academy, whose registered address is Vale Park.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11520277

The academy had the plug pulled from it the other day.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatontownfc/news/club-statement-academy-to-be-withdrawn-for-remaind-2362350.html

Read this But elsewhere. - “It’s a nonsense of a situation really. I did say to Norman that he’d have to hope I walked away because he can’t sack me. He said he could

So he only bought the ground.He is not involved with the running of the club.But he claims that he can sack someone that works for the club that he isn’t running in any way????? Mmm

So essentially a statement simply denying he owns it? not sure what its trying to say exactly.

So he don’t own the CLUB so there is no danger of any repercussions to Port Vale.There will be NO fine,NO points deducted.Everything is fine.

So essentially a statement simply denying he owns it? not sure what its trying to say exactly.

Copy post from nuneaton forum

By*Eileen DoverToday 10:46In response to*Re: Smurthwaite responds l..Top of thread

Views: 315

Hulla has been right all along about this guy, he is a complete charlatan.

I heard things yesterday, facts, unfortunately, which I cannot repeat on here, that made my blood boil.

There's a possibility that Saturday's game could now be in doubt

reply*|*front*page

Re: Smurthwaite responds l..

By*HullablueToday 12:39In response to*Re: Smurthwaite responds l..Top of thread

Views: 182

Can you repeat them elsewhere? Facebook messenger for example?

The bloke has bought the ground and has let a proud non-league club die.

Ownership of the club issues aside, this is morally bankrupt and I struggle to see how any Vale fan defends his actions.

He's now proven what his motivations are; money and property. If our fanbase doesn't wake up and realise we're a toy that he's playing with, extracting money left right and centre (where is the Hugill money?), then I don't see it outside the realms of possibility that our trajectory follows Nuneaton.

Archived