onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfwaite / Nuneaton

Inbothcamps

Advert

Only two people know who owns the club and both deny its them; Smurf and the previous owner.

But hasn't Lee Thorn filed a document at Companies House saying he is not longer a person with significant control, meaning he no longer has at least 25% of the shares. I can only assume that he would not have filed this illegally if it wasn't true. So if he does not own the shares then surely there is only one other person who does? Or is there a third party involved whom we don't know about??

any Club in breach of any of the aforesaid Regulations may with the sanction of a special resolution passed at an Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting of The League, be expelled from The League. There shall be no right of appeal against such expulsion.

[/i]

Note that it says "any Club", not the owner...Serious stuff.

:ohmy::angry: He really needs to come out with a statement telling the fans of BOTH clubs exactly what he is doing.(not convinced he will do so)

But hasn't Lee Thorn filed a document at Companies House saying he is not longer a person with significant control, meaning he no longer has at least 25% of the shares. I can only assume that he would not have filed this illegally if it wasn't true. So if he does not own the shares then surely there is only one other person who does? Or is there a third party involved whom we don't know about??

My guess and it's nothing more than a guess is a third party (in name only)

The Sentnel / Radio Stoke need to get on this and ask direct questions.

Since the PSC register became law a couple of years ago, I believe that fines and even custodial sentences can be brought against company owners and officers who do not keep their information up to date.

If there are any third parties, there would have to be at least 5 minority shareholders for the PSC register at Boro Leisure to be accurate as none could own ≥ 25% without declaring.

The only other issue with the third party theory is that Smurthwaite is unequivocal that Thorn is still the owner. He is adamant that this is the case and that Thorn is the person he is trying to find a buyer for.

Thorn says he has sold the club. Presumably you’d think he could back his claims up somehow. It’s a bit like selling your car, only for the buyer not to send the paperwork through to the DVLA properly.

Unless Thorn sold to a third party but it isn’t complete yet? We could do with knowing the situation really to allay any worries.

If a team is kicked out the league we’d be forced to go into the Northern Premier as the National league wouldn’t admit them if booted out for that reason.

Do people still think we moan about Norm cause we're doom mongerers and have personal vendettas against him?

:yes::yes::yes: Smurf certainly has his clique of followers that believe and trust in everything Smurf does and says.They are very very quiet at the moment.But if/when it becomes clear that there is no problem and everything is fine they will appear.

Unless Thorn sold to a third party but it isn’t complete yet? We could do with knowing the situation really to allay any worries.

So Smurthwaite is trying to find new owner for the club on behalf of persons unknown who haven’t yet bought this club that they don’t want; but they want to complete the deal to buy it so they can sell it on straight away.

I think the Supporters Club should take this matter up with the FA expressing the concerns of the fans. I would not put it past Smurf to get us dumped out of the league through his activities dealing with both us and Nuneaton. He has no real love for the Vale or the supporters, just wish he would clear off to Nuneaton.

Archived