onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfwaite / Nuneaton

Inbothcamps

Advert

Like most H I don't know the narrative as to who owns the Football Club or the 'Ground.

My take on a supporter on his own volition wanting to donate £500 for player wages was not down to the action of Norman Smurthwaite - especially so given Nuneaton's economic turmoil going back to 2008.

Norman owns their ground.

The Football Club's shares are owned by someone who currently no one can identify.

I don't see how it's possible for Smurf to have purchased them as don't the FA have to sanction any new ownership before it's completed?

The statement he published last week on their website looks like it's had the Lawyer treatment to me too, so at this moment in time I would lean towards him not owning 2 clubs.

There must be loopholes though, for example, his wife owning Nuneaton or something?

What are the penalties for breaching dual ownership regulations??
Hopefully against whoever benefits, have the Vale benefitted by loaning/borrowing/signing players at below market rates? Whether dual ownership would make the person no longer suitable to own a football club I suppose would depend upon the scale of the offence. Not something I would like the Vale to be involved in though.

Under FA Rule 2.13 clubs have to supply a list of shareholders, so his wife would appear on it.

At the moment, no shareholders are registered at Companies House for the football club. The confirmation statement should have been filed by mid September and still hasn’t been.

Norman and his wife own Falcon Alliance which owns the newly set up Nuneaton Borough Academy Limited.

At the moment, no shareholders are registered at Companies House for the football club. The confirmation statement should have been filed by mid September and still hasn’t been.

Norman and his wife own Falcon Alliance which owns the newly set up Nuneaton Borough Academy Limited.

So if Nuneaton are relegated to NL level 5 all is in place? Or just an option for Cov to use?

Smurthwaites of this world I treat with distain, those who use others misfortunes to feather their own nests are abhorrent to me,i treat the bbc with as much contempt as that low life cretin who milked the BHS pension fund and if that gets me a life ban off the forum well so be it.

Norm's group owns the Academy, registered to VP.

Norm owns the ground, in a separate company to the football club.

They have 2 players of ours on loan.

They have the same kit supplier.

Their ex-chairman has sold his shares; to who, it hasn't been identified.

Norm's group owns the Academy, registered to VP.

Norm owns the ground, in a separate company to the football club.

They have 2 players of ours on loan.

They have the same kit supplier.

Their ex-chairman has sold his shares; to who, it hasn't been identified.

any prizes for guessing.

Nuneaton lost 0-6 at home today - I really don't believe that was influenced by off-the-field events as in reality the team is way off most clubs in the league and today it showed.

The team was applauded off by everyone there and the game just felt like a pre-season and was of little consequence.

Its my belief that Port Vale fans may be missing something. If Smurf is found to own two clubs, then its these two clubs that will be punished. Points deduction (or even a fine) probably wont have any effect on Nuneaton, but ..........

The silver lining may be that Smurf is banned from being involved in football, but where does that leave PV as he would still own the company?

At the moment no-one at Nuneaton Borough have a clue what is going on OR what will happen.

Only two people know who owns the club and both deny its them; Smurf and the previous owner.

What are the penalties for breaching dual ownership regulations??

Here are the relevant regulations: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/sections-10--11---association-and-dual-interests-and-additional-provisions/

They include draconian powers for failure to comply, as set out below:

Powers of The Board in Event of Default

The Board shall be empowered, upon learning, whether pursuant to Regulations 106, 108 or 112 or otherwise, of any breach of Regulations 78 and 103 to 106 inclusive to require the Club and/or person in question to take such action as is necessary to rectify the breach forthwith or within such period as the Board shall determine.

Any breach of any of the foregoing Regulations 103 to 106 inclusive, including without limitation knowingly rendering incorrect or incomplete information pursuant to Regulations 106 and 108, shall constitute misconduct. Without prejudice to the range of other sanctions that may be imposed in respect of such breach, any Club in breach of any of the aforesaid Regulations may with the sanction of a special resolution passed at an Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting of The League, be expelled from The League. There shall be no right of appeal against such expulsion.

Note that it says "any Club", not the owner...Serious stuff.

Archived