onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Arsene Wenger stepping down

robf

Advert

For me Arsene Wenger will go down as one of if not the best ever managers in football. It was him who generated the money to built the new stadium and he still kept them in the Champions league year after year. Wenger was certainly no 'one summer butterfly' but won trophy after trophy for Arsenal football club over 20 long seasons. I still believe that the way the Gunners played was the most beautiful football that I have ever seen played by a British team.

The words so often spoken 'be careful of what you wish for' most likely will come back and bite the 'Wenger out' brigade on their bottoms. They should remember that nobody has a divine right to win the League every season not even the 'Gunners'. Goodness me I wish the Vale had been so successful for so many years. Ungrateful barstewards comes to mind.

To put it in simple terms ARSENE WENGER WAS A CLASS ACT!

For me Arsene Wenger will go down as one of if not the best ever managers in football. It was him who generated the money to built the new stadium and he still kept them in the Champions league year after year. Wenger was certainly no 'one summer butterfly' but won trophy after trophy for Arsenal football club over 20 long seasons. I still believe that the way the Gunners played was the most beautiful football that I have ever seen played by a British team.

The words so often spoken 'be careful of what you wish for' most likely will come back and bite the 'Wenger out' brigade on their bottoms. They should remember that nobody has a divine right to win the League every season not even the 'Gunners'. Goodness me I wish the Vale had been so successful for so many years. Ungrateful barstewards comes to mind.

To put it in simple terms ARSENE WENGER WAS A CLASS ACT!

That's spot on, lots of people ignore the fact he managed Arsenal through their massively expensive move to their new ground yet still brought them success whilst the 'mortgage' was paid off, quite some achievement.

That's spot on, lots of people ignore the fact he managed Arsenal through their massively expensive move to their new ground yet still brought them success whilst the 'mortgage' was paid off, quite some achievement.

Yes, remarkable achievement especially when you think it was during the financial crash when the value of Highbury plummeted when they wanted to sell it. Never reached the heights of 2004 again but, nevertheless, he was a footballing genius who changed the face ofEnglish football, and beyond. Don’t think we will see the like of him for a long time, if ever.

A wonderful manager. I look around now and see few who are fit to follow his footsteps. Guardiola and Poccehtini are the only two that spring to mind. I would like Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe to be given the chance to succeed him Sadly neither will have that opportunity

I hope the "Wenger out" live to regret this, for a couple of seasons! The only things he was guilty of? Loyalty to a group of kids who never quite kicked on as he hoped, so he should have strengthened with experience; and not recognizing, for a long time, that Mannone and the 2 Polish keepers were never going to be good enough quality for a team that wanted to challenge for European trophies...and likewise for his defence! A great shame, but it had to happen sometime - I hope he goes somewhere as DofF to give that club the benefit of his massive experience and knowledge.

I loved watching Wenger's Arsenal in the noughties. They were the best football team I've seen, their only fault being their determination to score the "perfect goal" which led to them over-playing on occasions.

It seems that losing to Newcastle was the final straw - glad I was there to see it!!

Undoubtedly Arsenal were a great team to watch, but not the best.

For sheer entertainment value, Newcastle under Keegan in the mid 90’s take some beating. Unfortunately, they didn’t back it up with trophies. Wenger did.

If there has been a better Premier League player than Dennis Bergkamp ( albeit signed by Bruce Ricoh ) then I’ve not seen him.

However, the players Wenger brought to the Premier League certainly changed the face of English football and how it was played with Vierra, Henry and Pires in particular influential.

He has his faults, such as his reluctance to resolve obvious defensive deficiencies, but overall his contribution to English football has been immense.

But he couldn’t beat Vale !

Archived