onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Was that the worst refereeing ever seen at Vale Park?

old sage

Advert

I thought after the Chesterfield game that it would be a long time before I saw a referee as bad as that. I was wrong, a week later another one turns up who was equally inept. He turned a game that Vale were bossing into a game that allowed Crawley to come back and eventually win.

I also think that you’ll find that he has got previous involving us. He gave us a dodgy penalty in a away game at Oldham which we lost 2-1 in 2003. Possibly he thought it was pay back time. Cheating little git !

Premier League ref, Conference level performance. All everyone is talking about is the Ref and not the game. A good Ref is hardly mentioned , this one spoilt the game and totally lost control of the match. As regards the penalty even their players didn't appeal and were surprised it was given. That says it all. The only one in the ground who thought it was a penalty was the ref, the only one who got it wrong.

Every time she runs the line at Vale we have problems with her, and i'm not being sexist... could it be the case as in most other male dominated sports/professions where society are trying to bring equality to that group. Which means even if she is not up to the job there would be a outcry about sacking her...

The football league didn't just randomly pick out a female to make the numbers up. She went through the same processes that men have to and obviously wants to do the job. Her competence in the job has nothing to do with her gender.

The problem is that referees are being fast tracked into the leagues now. The drop out rate , which is mainly due to abuse on public parks, is almost 70% , so they move up the ones who are brave enough much faster than normal. Sian Massey-Ellis is one, and she was at the center of 2 controversial incidents. She was flattened by Kevin McNaughton of Cardiff in 2011 whilst running the line. The FA called it an accident, but I dont think so. She was also the one who was talked about by Keys and Gray , which got them the sack. Women can handle it , and run just like men.

At the Cardiff match, she got up , grabbed her flag and got on with it , after being hit hard. Fair play to her.

Studying the 'highlights' the penalty decision was incredibly soft and I'm not surprised Aspo was livid. It's possible Smith had his hand on their lad's shoulder but I can't see a push or a drag, their player just decided he'd fall to the floor in an attempt to buy a spotter and he got one from an incredibly inept referee. 95% of the time that would not have been given although, at the time, I assumed Smith must have dragged him over and that's why a penalty was given. Aspo was right about it being a key decision, we went from being totally on top to losing confidence and we never really recovered, plus once Kewell had spoken to his players at half time and got them diving, rolling round and generally spoiling the game the ref couldn't cope and it all went to pot. Monty going off was the icing on the cake for them and Smith was a little unfortunate how it hit him, bounced up and went past the well positioned Hornby. We still need a couple of points so let's hope we don't get another idiot like Mr. Jones again.

I'll ask again.

What, apart from the penalty and the vague 'Pope treatment', did the ref do today that was so earth-shatteringly bad?

I get he wasn't great but I've seen many, many worse refereeing performances (literally one last Friday) that elicited nowhere near this level of reaction.

For starters he allowed Crawley's lot to play him like an old fiddle by feigning injury and acting like their leg was hanging off but once they reached the magic that the touchline paint must contain they are off running like gazelles. The most ridiculous one was when the Crawley player fouled a Vale player the ref gave the freekick then allowed him to spend an age fastening his boot laces while he stood right in front of where the free kick was to be taken and holding up the game blatant time wasting.

In general he was useless and although Popey is no saint he isn't a dirty player unlike the treatment that he receives week on week from 2 and often three big lumbering centre back. At the end of the day a foul is a foul.

Why did their number 15 roll around claiming Popey had hit him when it was clear that Tom had been the one getting clatter again. What did Mr Useless Jones do? Lecture both of them and give nothing.

The football league didn't just randomly pick out a female to make the numbers up. She went through the same processes that men have to and obviously wants to do the job. Her competence in the job has nothing to do with her gender.

Do you know that as fact though?

Is there no fast tracking, no quotas, no affirmative action intending to encourage more women into refereeing?

Every time she runs the line at Vale we have problems with her, and i'm not being sexist...

Which other games has she run the line this season?

Still waiting, Dave. Which other games has she run the line at Vale? Or are you just making stuff up to support your sexist drivel?

Studying the 'highlights' the penalty decision was incredibly soft and I'm not surprised Aspo was livid. It's possible Smith had his hand on their lad's shoulder but I can't see a push or a drag, their player just decided he'd fall to the floor in an attempt to buy a spotter and he got one from an incredibly inept referee. 95% of the time that would not have been given although, at the time, I assumed Smith must have dragged him over and that's why a penalty was given. Aspo was right about it being a key decision, we went from being totally on top to losing confidence and we never really recovered, plus once Kewell had spoken to his players at half time and got them diving, rolling round and generally spoiling the game the ref couldn't cope and it all went to pot. Monty going off was the icing on the cake for them and Smith was a little unfortunate how it hit him, bounced up and went past the well positioned Hornby. We still need a couple of points so let's hope we don't get another idiot like Mr. Jones again.

Agree re the penalty. The Crawley player was backing into Smith then just fell over. Jones is an arrogant bar steward who thinks the crowd pay to watch him. He has previous of course.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/referee-mike-jones-dropped-premier-6508495

Scroll down to the video piece by Keith Hackett in this line:

https://manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/ref-alert-heavens-above-its-mike-jones-cityzens-v-foxes/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1221478/Beach-fall-Referee-Mike-Jones-dropped-Premier-League-duty-gaffe-Sunderlands-win-Liverpool.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5005386/spurs-mauricio-pochettino-referee-mike-jones/

Archived