onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Was that the worst refereeing ever seen at Vale Park?

old sage

I'll ask again.

What, apart from the penalty and the vague 'Pope treatment', did the ref do today that was so earth-shatteringly bad?

I get he wasn't great but I've seen many, many worse refereeing performances (literally one last Friday) that elicited nowhere near this level of reaction.

Advert

I'll ask again.

What, apart from the penalty and the vague 'Pope treatment', did the ref do today that was so earth-shatteringly bad?

I get he wasn't great but I've seen many, many worse refereeing performances (literally one last Friday) that elicited nowhere near this level of reaction.

Booking Pope for being pushed from behind.

Booking one of their players and giving a throw in.

Failing to give Pope the benefit of the doubt until deep into the 2nd half.

Failing to see an off the ball assault on a Vale player in the penalty area in the first half.

The penalty.

Failing to deal with the Guy who feigned a head butt trying to get Pope sent off something happened so why were both players let off with a talking to.

Failing to control the game.

Backed up by the 4th official saying he wasn't used to this league.

I'll ask again.

I'd be asking what he did right as it wasn't much! That says it all for me! A good ref is one you notice very little!

I agree though it's not the worst performance I've seen but I'd put it in the top 20 comfortably along with the clown from last week!

Those with long memories will remember the appalling performance of Roger "Look at Me" Milburn in the playoff against West Brom, which cost us promotion to tier 2. If today's performance was anything like as bad, we are in serious trouble. What's worse is that the football authorities don't seem to care a damn.

Also let's not be sexist and forget the lines person , she looked unfit to me and was also totally inept .

This won't go down well and I'll no doubt be called a sexist pig living in the 70's but it is an actual FACT that properly fit men are faster runners , so why is she even on the line ?

Ticks a few boxes for the PC brigade I guess

She's had to pass the same fitness test

Also let's not be sexist and forget the lines person , she looked unfit to me and was also totally inept .

This won't go down well and I'll no doubt be called a sexist pig living in the 70's but it is an actual FACT that properly fit men are faster runners , so why is she even on the line ?

Ticks a few boxes for the PC brigade I guess

What an idiot. You’ll be called a sexist pig because that’s what you are. Are you actually saying that women aren’t fit enough to run a line? Do we only choose Olympic level sprinters to run a line because if not your comment make no sense. You even bring out the ‘PC brigade’ to justify your nonsense. Never mind the 70’s, you belong in a cave. You even started with, ‘let’s not be sexist’, talk about ticking all the boxes.

What an idiot. You’ll be called a sexist pig because that’s what you are. Are you actually saying that women aren’t fit enough to run a line? Do we only choose Olympic level sprinters to run a line because if not your comment make no sense. You even bring out the ‘PC brigade’ to justify your nonsense. Never mind the 70’s, you belong in a cave. You even started with, ‘let’s not be sexist’, talk about ticking all the boxes.

She along with the other officials just had a bad game, missing several off sides , not being up with play etc Andy.

The female liner was alright. She flagged for a free kick for a blatant foul on Worrall which the ref saw, allowed play to continue then, there was an offside given against Crawley but he pulled play back for the original foul. During this whole episode one of their players had pretty much head butted Worrall who was rightly aggrieved at not getting the free kick. That then led to a melee between all the players which the ref disappeared for and the female liner actually came onto the pitch to sort it out. The other liner (who I’m sure we’ve had a few times this season and he’s always garbage) just stood there.

There was another incident where the ref gave Crawley advantage, the ball was passed forward and then passed again which led to an offside bizarrely, again, the ref pulled play back for the foul he’d already given advantage for.

There was also a blatant back pass in the first half that he smiled and put his thumbs up to their keeper for.

In the first half he booked a player for a blatant foul but gave a throw in instead of a free kick.

Montano was booked for rightly being pissed off after he was blatantly thrown to the ground.

There could, and probably should, have been at least 2 sendings off yesterday. Their number 7 committed 3 challenges in the second half alone that were all bookings.

A terrible and bizarre display of refereeing.

Every time she runs the line at Vale we have problems with her, and i'm not being sexist... could it be the case as in most other male dominated sports/professions where society are trying to bring equality to that group. Which means even if she is not up to the job there would be a outcry about sacking her...

Every time she runs the line at Vale we have problems with her, and i'm not being sexist... could it be the case as in most other male dominated sports/professions where society are trying to bring equality to that group. Which means even if she is not up to the job there would be a outcry about sacking her...

Which other games has she run the line this season?

Archived