onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Was that the worst refereeing ever seen at Vale Park?

old sage

If we are honest we have seen some shocking referees this season but in my opinion the clown who officiated today sunk to the lowest depths. I don't like to think that a ref is deliberately making biased decisions but this numpty certainly had me and I'm sure many more wondering if that is the case.

I heard that he has be officiating in the Premiership well if this is the standard then God help football.

Neil Aspin seldom complains but I heard him say that when he asked the fourth official what the hell was going on and the reply was that he isn't used to reffing at L2 level. My goodness the rules are the same and like the Premier league we all play with a round ball!

Not only were many of his decisions wrong but the Crawley conmen and time wasters played him like a fiddle.

Shame on him and he needs removing from the Referees listings.

Advert

He managed to totally ruin the game.

The penalty, wow! I doubt anyone in the ground knew what he'd given there.

I thought pope was a cert to get sent oFF for understandably losing his rag. But I think bewilderment drowned everything out in the end.

As a rule I'm not one for complaining about refs but what I saw today beggared belief. I was disappointed in the attitude of Crawley, super cynical and played the ref like a fish, maybe Kewell knew something Aspo didn't or do they always model themselves on Graham Westley's teams?

At one stage in second half the only thing that prevented the game descending into a mass brawl and utter chaos was the actions of the lineswoman on the Lorne Street side, the players were pushing and shoving and the ref turned his back and walked to the dugouts, she ran over and broke it up with no support whatsoever from the useless ref.

What on earth was he thinking when their player threw himself to the ground in the penalty area holding his face? He either had to give a penalty and send Pope off or book their player for simulation, there could be no other course of action under the rules. Seeing as Pope didn't touch him it had to be a booking, how on earth did he decide to 'have a word' with both of them?

The ref contributed to our demise by buying every bit of Crawley's playacting but the real killer was Montano going off injured. I said at the time it was a disaster and so it proved; with Monty on they never had a decent attack down that side but as soon as he went off they had a field day and it was almost inevitable one of their attacks would produce something, even if it did take a brilliant pass to put their player in behind. A bit unfortunate for Nathan and unfortunate for Hornby with the odd bounce that took it away from him.

Vale should put in a complaint about the way that game was handled, not through sour grapes but because it was honestly woeful and shouldn't happen at a professional level. I'm sure there are much better refs in the National League.

Easy to blame refs in games but on this occasion it was deserved.

Vale were great in the first half but Mr Jones decided to intervene and give a penalty for nothing

On top of that his game management was appalling - he strode around like he was the main attraction.

Should never be allowed near a professional game of football

Oh, and one of the worst I ever saw was Mr A Seville.

Vale were top of Div 4 in 1985-6 and played Stockport. Jon Bowden scored early in the first half and all seemed well.

Then Seville got his eye in...every decision went Stockport's way and inevitably they equalised. We never topped the league again that season.

We've had some tithead refs at Vale over the years

Archived