onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin Says Theres A Lot of Backstabbing At The Club

PV1973

Those three deserved the sack no need for back stabbing at all. Don’t think it’s a disease and I feel sure even the Smurthwaite will be glad when we survive.

So you weren't happy with top half of Div 1 with Page.

Take some pleasing do Vale fans.

Advert

We can only hope that whoever Aspin is referring to, is a player who is out of contract at the end of the season. This is a massive summer coming up for Port Vale FC.

If Aspin can bring in his own players, and he succeeds, then brilliant. If this toxic mix, whomever it may involve, is still there, then I fear we are doomed.

There are clearly problems behind the scenes at present. There is no other explanation having gone from great performances in December, to 2018’s debacle so far!! I trust Aspin can put things right should he be given the time and resources to do so. If he is denied these, his position would become untenable and I fear he will leave.

"Paul Bodin was the brains behind the operation"

Im glad someone is taking the blame! :laugh:

Seriously though I know we are in a much worse position now but Page left me finding other things to do on a Saturday, killed my enthusiasm for away games and that season was the last time I had a ST. Would I swap positions now? Yes, in a heartbeat but lets not pretend people weren't unhappy with it at the time.

I too was bored with a lot of the football under Page but since he left a lot of the same stuff has carried on happening under different managers.

Perhaps he was being pragmatic with the budget that he had? Perhaps one or two quality additions would have improved things? I genuinely don't know.

This particular statement has nothing to do with the blue one so why bring him up? Have you even listened to it before commenting?

There was some Norwegian paper that set a quiz on the article before you were allowed to comment on it, perhaps OVF should do the same.

Is there any mention of Norway in the statement? :wink:

**** me.

Can things get any worse? The manager now talking of backstabbing. It's like a Shakespeare play.

The Club is a total and utter embarrassment.

I wouldn't blame Aspin if he said balls to it all and let the blue **** sort it all out.

#turfoutsmurf

Jesus wept Alan, backstabbing occurs in every workplace and at every football club. Its not any more embarrising than anywhere else. Aspin will know who the culprits are and intime they wii be gone, end of.

Jesus wept Alan, backstabbing occurs in every workplace and at every football club. Its not any more embarrising than anywhere else. Aspin will know who the culprits are and intime they wii be gone, end of.
I agree with Alan. Aspin shouldn't be making these things public unless he wants to create waves. I think he is lining himself up for an end of season exit from the club irrespective of our final position.

Not sure who Aspin is on about,but you have to look at certain players who should be in the starting line up and aren't,Whitfield ? Gibbons ? Barnet ?

I doubt it’s any of the young players or loanees, they have no power in the dressing room. In that same interview in the opening post he speaks highly of Gibbons. Personally I think it’s about people above him (Aspin).

Ask Lee Sinnott about backstabbers. Ask Rob Page about backstabbers. Ask Bruno about backstabbers. It's a disease at the club.

Are there any common links in terms of staff across those managers tenure or do you think it’s just a culture at the place?

Those three deserved the sack no need for back stabbing at all. Don’t think it’s a disease and I feel sure even the Smurthwaite will be glad when we survive.

Disagree on Page. Steady building and top half of league one. I’d take that in a heartbeat now. Like I’ve been saying all season, some people don’t realise what’s in front of them sometimes.

Archived