onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin Says Theres A Lot of Backstabbing At The Club

PV1973

Advert

I would actually say this is very controversial. To openly admit there is backstabbing at the club you work at is a very big deal and hardly suggests he's happy here.

It isn't Smurf he's referring to as he doesn't believe he's interfered.

"There are people who probably even now don't want me here. But I know that my staff are behind me and I know that we are honest and work hard and we do the same job we have done from Day One. We don't change on that but unfortunately other people change towards us and that is obviously what is always difficult in football."

Who we saying? Garlick? Fradley? Players who have fallen out of favour such as Regis and Whitfield? I struggle to imagine Fradley has the capacity to backstab. Garlick I've never been massively keen on.

I've never seen an incumbent manager be so directly open about issues behind the scenes and people at the club legitimately wanting them gone.

Its a real shame as Aspo is a top man, who has a genuine affinity for the club and its fans, who is clearly working in a horrendous situation, with no backing and people he works with wanting him gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps us up and leaves if the situation at the club doesn't change.

What is clear is that the club is toxic and broken, and needs wholesale reform this summer off and on the pitch (hopefully Aspin and Rudge being the only stability). We're an absolute shambles and a really close call like this might be the wake up call the club and fanbase needs.

Neil is saying nothing controversial, just stating that 'backstabbing' is part and parcel of football - including PVFC.

Of course its common place throughout. But this sounds like more than a sweeping generalisation to me.

Why specifically mention Port Vale? He says his staff are the people he trusts and theres people at the club who probably even now don't want him here.

Given that we are a relatively small organisation who hes referring to :unsure:

Of course its common place throughout. But this sounds like more than a sweeping generalisation to me.

Why specifically mention Port Vale? He says his staff are the people he trusts and theres people at the club who probably even now don't want him here.

Given that we are a relatively small organisation who hes referring to :unsure:

I imagine its players who have fallen out of favour

I would actually say this is very controversial. To openly admit there is backstabbing at the club you work at is a very big deal and hardly suggests he's happy here.

"There are people who probably even now don't want me here. But I know that my staff are behind me and I know that we are honest and work hard and we do the same job we have done from Day One. We don't change on that but unfortunately other people change towards us and that is obviously what is always difficult in football."

Who we saying? Garlick? Fradley? Players who have fallen out of favour such as Regis and Whitfield? I struggle to imagine Fradley has the capacity to backstab. Garlick I've never been massively keen on.

I've never seen an incumbent manager be so directly open about issues behind the scenes and people at the club legitimately wanting them gone.

Its a real shame as Aspo is a top man, who has a genuine affinity for the club and its fans, who is clearly working in a horrendous situation, with no backing and people he works with wanting him gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps us up and leaves if the situation at the club doesn't change.

What is clear is that the club is toxic and broken, and needs wholesale reform this summer off and on the pitch (hopefully Aspin and Rudge being the only stability). We're an absolute shambles and a really close call like this might be the wake up call the club and fanbase needs.

Definitely not Fradley.

As much as I like Aspin and agree with past comments about players, perhaps it was unwise to call individuals out publicly. Players need no excuse to kick up a fuss, especially the poorer ones. But it is all indicative of a struggling club. But let’s get one thing quite clear. All our current woes lie firmly at the owners door and certainly not at the manager’s.

I doubt hes referring to just the players, because its going to be the same for a manager at any club, some players like him and some don't. Obviously those that aren't playing won't like him. But a loan signing isn't going to have any dressing room sway.

It's the players he has lost imo, I reckon they aren't happy with training and tactics and maybe a few may have voiced these concerns direct to the hierarchy? This would explain how every single player has suffered loss of form

I think it's the players, as one or two constantly ignore the instructions that the coaching staff shout at them from the touchline,during games.
I said this week's ago I honestly think the players hate playing under him for whatever reason obviously it's his methods they don't respond to it's damaging them all other than maybe Hannant who is full of enthusiasm having been given his chance. I'm surprised none of the unhappy players have spoken out publicly in defence of their own form? Maybe it's credit to them they have stayed tight lipped over Aspin?

Archived