onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

I honestly believe that there is a lot of complacency in Parliament. They are not fully accountable as they are not sovereign. I hope that they will engage a bit more with the people when we are out.
They are sovereign, always have been since Charles 1 had the chop.

Advert

True Fosse, but as seen in many countries those with the executive power also control the media and political campaigns.
Thailand in a nutshell Barry.

The army took control, held a refferendum on a constitution which allows the army to keep control after they decide to allow an election... the state controls the media they army control the state.

The new king thinks he has control of the army and the state... the people think they have democratic control over the elected members... the army holds all the leashes... the les majest laws are extreme and used.

Michael Heseltine was on Jeremy Vine's show today talking the biggest dollop of sense I've heard about Brexit from any politician for a very long time. I assume it will be available on iPlayer.

I bet he was,did he mention the £90,000 land subsidy he gets from the EU every year?

But still not as imperfect as the feudal monarchist system with a partially hereditary and totally unelected second chamber to which we are subject in the UK. I would like to change that system but I'm not going to be able to unless I am either part of the UK or part of a victorious invading force, ie, the ways in which political changes are brought about.

Also, bragging about not knowing who your MEP is does not mean the EU electoral system is no good it just demonstrates your own ignorance on the matter, the same as for people who don't know who their local MP is or who the Prime Minister is.

Keep 'em coming!

come back wat tyler all is forgiven lol.

I bet he was,did he mention the £90,000 land subsidy he gets from the EU every year?
Obviously not. He didn't mention the £7,000,000 Jacob Rees Mogg had from the UK government to do up his family pile either.

Neither of those things are the point though, are they?

Try having a listen, you may learn something that may just make you think why Brexit is a bad idea, especially one that is looking increasingly like a 'no deal' one. I don't share Hesseltine's politics but I respect his abilities and his knowledge and experience and he certainly knows about business, I was involved in a business seminar at which he was a guest speaker in the 90's and he was very impressive.

Michael Heseltine was on Jeremy Vine's show today talking the biggest dollop of sense I've heard about Brexit from any politician for a very long time. I assume it will be available on iPlayer.

bet he didn't mention the subsidies he receives as a landowner. tut tut

It's a non-issue. I imagine CAP would be replaced by a new scheme and he would continue to receive such payments.

You can't imagine the Tories not doing that for one of their core voter groups, the farmers and the landowners.

Heseltine is a moderate, what Thatcher used to call the wets. I don't agree with a lot of what he says but, like Ken Clarke, he's dead right about the EU.

Interesting thing about the BBC is both sides think its biased.

Is it a case of that the BBC's commitment to impartial reporting on all aspects lead to people hearing what they don't want to hear, and therefore accusing it of bias?

Interesting thing about the BBC is both sides think its biased.

Is it a case of that the BBC's commitment to impartial reporting on all aspects lead to people hearing what they don't want to hear, and therefore accusing it of bias?

The BBC has admitted showing bias on Newsnight, also admitted the number of Labour or Remoaners outnumber of Tories/Leavers on QT. When did you last hear a right wing comic, a pro Brexit news report , a R4 comedy show which doesn't insult Leavers (and Trump of course),you have to tune into other channels to hear them. The bias shown by the BBC is a disgrace

The BBC has admitted showing bias on Newsnight, also admitted the number of Labour or Remoaners outnumber of Tories/Leavers on QT. When did you last hear a right wing comic, a pro Brexit news report , a R4 comedy show which doesn't insult Leavers (and Trump of course),you have to tune into other channels to hear them. The bias shown by the BBC is a disgrace

Any sources on the BBC admitted showing bias on newsnight, or admitting Labour or Reaminers outnumber Tories and Leavers on QT?

Comedy has always been a left wing industry; often satirical and anti-establishment, much more aligned with the left than the right. Right wing comedians simply don't exist in great numbers.

There probably isn't any pro-Brexit news reports as so far its been an unequivocal disaster, so they've got nothing good to report on.

R4 comedy shows insult leavers and Trump as they are easily satirised due to the outrageous and disgusting actions/words of the latter, and the prominence and eccentricity of the former (BoJo, Farage etc). They also (rightly) satirise Corbyn, Cable, Clegg, Blair, Brown, Cameron, Attlee, virtually everyone politician. Don't get upset you because your favourite ones get a bit of stick too.

Trust me mate, the BBC isn't biased. Just because its reporting/satirising things you don't like, doesn't mean its biased. Have you considered that maybe the way the BBC is presenting Brexit is the way its actually going (I.E a complete and utter shambles), as opposed to some 'Remoaner' conspiracy orchestrated by the bigwigs in order to blind us from the roaring success Brexit has been thus far?

Its time to accept facts; Brexit is not going well, and was not a good idea. Just because an impartial news broadcaster reports this doesn't mean they're biased; you aggressive belief thats the case says more about you.

Archived