onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

As a superior being I can see the guy on the radio for what he is, a feeble minded bigot. Surely you don't think he has fa valid point?

A typical lefty ,holier than thow ,arrogant comment.Sourcey,you must join the Tory party,they can only listen to the radio.

Advert

A typical lefty ,holier than thow ,arrogant comment.Sourcey,you must join the Tory party,they can only listen to the radio.
your reply is not in the least bit arrogant is it?

For your information I am not 'radical' left wing but more like left of centre. I believe in social justice and equality, genuine equality of opportunity and a mixed economy where only certain key industries are nationalised, such as utilities, railways and health care. I am pro-business but anti-exploitation so I am against things like perpetual agency employment and zero hours contracts for permanent staff whilst recognising they may suit a few such as students. None of those things could be considered radical or extreme.

Brexit is advocated and supported in the main by the far right, people who wish to have a total free trade economy, minimise employment rights, minimise the state and state spending and minimise taxation, especially the higher rates which affect the wealthy. I oppose all these policies as they benefit the small but very wealthy section of society the most to the detriment of everyone who isn't on the highest rate of income tax or who is an employee reliant on employee benefits such as sick pay, holiday entitlement and pay, reasonable notice period and redundancy payments. The 'harder' Brexit is the harder things will be for the majority of the population. This is why I have a disparaging view of working class right wingers and visualise them as Alf Garnett, people who are misguided and who support policies that benefit a small exclusive elite to their own cost.

If that makes me arrogant then so be it.

Does seem about right. What was it 37% voted leave, so the rest by definition did not want to leave, they either showed their concern or could not be bothered. Have not watched QT for years, do the panel have signs to say what they are? As I remember it they were introduced by party, or by occupation etc.

I watch it most weeks and I can honestly say that out of the five panelists there are always a minimum of three Remainers.Since the referendum there has always been a question every week about Brexit and the panelists always say how they voted.

your reply is not in the least bit arrogant is it?

For your information I am not 'radical' left wing but more like left of centre. I believe in social justice and equality, genuine equality of opportunity and a mixed economy where only certain key industries are nationalised, such as utilities, railways and health care. I am pro-business but anti-exploitation so I am against things like perpetual agency employment and zero hours contracts for permanent staff whilst recognising they may suit a few such as students. None of those things could be considered radical or extreme.

Brexit is advocated and supported in the main by the far right, people who wish to have a total free trade economy, minimise employment rights, minimise the state and state spending and minimise taxation, especially the higher rates which affect the wealthy. I oppose all these policies as they benefit the small but very wealthy section of society the most to the detriment of everyone who isn't on the highest rate of income tax or who is an employee reliant on employee benefits such as sick pay, holiday entitlement and pay, reasonable notice period and redundancy payments. The 'harder' Brexit is the harder things will be for the majority of the population. This is why I have a disparaging view of working class right wingers and visualise them as Alf Garnett, people who are misguided and who support policies that benefit a small exclusive elite to their own cost.

If that makes me arrogant then so be it.

No views on mass immigration then?

Try putting John McDonnell on BBC bias into Google and see how many hits you get.

What a fine example! John McDonnell, the man said we should 'honour the IRA', has a plaque inscribed with 'H Block Martyrs 1981' and joked about kneecapping.

Thanks anyway, but I'd rather buy a season ticket at Stoke than google his name

McDonnell is a traitor to Queen and country,this is the bloke who wants to turn the UK into a union run commie wasteland.

Move to Venezuela mate,you'll love it there.😂

McDonnell is a traitor to Queen and country,this is the bloke who wants to turn the UK into a union run commie wasteland.

Move to Venezuela mate,you'll love it there.

Please, you talk about intelligence then post that drivel?

If being anti-monarchist makes you a traitor then there's quite a few of us. As for the 'commie' jibe it's no different than the facist jibes you complain of concerning Rees Mogg or Fox & Farage, etc.

Traitors are people who wilfully act against the best interests of the nation, i.e., the population. A great example is the "Duke" (ha!) of Windsor who was a Nazi collaborator.

As for your fear of trade unions I take it you must be a wealthy industrialist who doesn't need collective bargaining to gain rights such as decent working hours, fair pay, holidays, pensions, protection from unfair dismissal and redundancy pay? Or do you think all these things were just given to workers - the overwhelming mass of the population - by kind hearted philanthropic capitalists?

And you wonder why I question the intelligence of working class right wingers and some of the postings in this thread?

I watch it most weeks and I can honestly say that out of the five panelists there are always a minimum of three Remainers.Since the referendum there has always been a question every week about Brexit and the panelists always say how they voted.
Fine, 60% would seem to be an appropriate representation for the status quo. Most countries/clubs follow a well established rule that change to the status quo is more readily accepted using a system requiring a 2:1 majority at least. Using a simple majority has put us all in a great mess.

Defend this one.

On Question Time since the referendum Remain panelists have outnumbered Leavers by 137-72, nearly twice as many. 86% of the time the panel was dominated by Remainers…

Leavers have only outnumbered Remainers in 3 episodes.Remainers dominated in 36.

In 16 editions there was only a single Leaver.

Prominent anti-Brexiteers dominate the repeat appearances with Emily Thornberry and Richard Burgon on 5 times, Alex Salmond and Leanne Wood on 3 times.

Jacob Rees-Mogg was the only Brexiteer to appear 3 times.

So much for the unbiased BBC?

Boom,boom

That’s one programme. And as most of the guests are politicians, the domination by Remainers probably reflects the House of Commons.

Try putting John McDonnell on BBC bias into Google and see how many hits you get.

What a fine example! John McDonnell, the man said we should 'honour the IRA', has a plaque inscribed with 'H Block Martyrs 1981' and joked about kneecapping.

Thanks anyway, but I'd rather buy a season ticket at Stoke than google his name

He is the shadow Chancellor and a prominent left winger so you must surely be surprised that he criticises the BBC for being too right wing.

Please, you talk about intelligence then post that drivel?

If being anti-monarchist makes you a traitor then there's quite a few of us. As for the 'commie' jibe it's no different than the facist jibes you complain of concerning Rees Mogg or Fox & Farage, etc.

Traitors are people who wilfully act against the best interests of the nation, i.e., the population. A great example is the "Duke" (ha!) of Windsor who was a Nazi collaborator.

As for your fear of trade unions I take it you must be a wealthy industrialist who doesn't need collective bargaining to gain rights such as decent working hours, fair pay, holidays, pensions, protection from unfair dismissal and redundancy pay? Or do you think all these things were just given to workers - the overwhelming mass of the population - by kind hearted philanthropic capitalists?

And you wonder why I question the intelligence of working class right wingers and some of the postings in this thread?

I apologise for breathing, I realise it much be so frustrating when you think you you know everything when in fact you're actually pishing off those of us who do.

Hey Sourcey, please change the boring record. You still can't understand why you come across as such an arrogant, insulting,know-all, condesening clot, can you?

Nor can you.

PS Yesterdays Daily Mail was a 124 page issue with a free England hat, a bargain at £1 and loads to read.

The Daily Mail has excellent sports coverage. Much of its news coverage is, however, an absolute disgrace. Their pages are littered with ad hominem attacks againt anyone who dares to voice an opinion contrary to that of Mr Dacre and his cohorts. It demonstrates some of the very worst of tabloid journalism.

It's the same principle though,you've got thousands of people from poorer countries trying to reach wealthier countries.

You can't blame them but did anybody vote for this?

We are a small island with increasingly overcrowded cities,strained public services and an enduring housing crisis.Public opinion has been consistently against mass immigration for well over a decade now and it isn't something you can ignore.

Thanks to not being in the Schengen area we have always had control of our borders to those outside of the EU. This is why we had the "jungle" camp at Calais - refugees who had made their way to the EU and had crossed its internal borders without problems, could not get to the UK. Those who voted to leave the EU "to keep the Muslims out", did not seem to understand this.

Archived