onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

I haven't read it because it isn't there! The banner headline in Saturdays DM says 'Soft Brexit Threat To May',

Sorry, jimbo, I thought you would realise I was talking about the edition following the decision of the law lords which was some months ago and led to a considerable number of complaints to the Press Standards body. I was also pleased that you had agreed with their ruling that the decision about triggering Article 50 should be left you your elected MP and the Houses of Parliament. You must therefore agree that Enemies of the People was an appalling headline in the circumstances.

If you had read my post about the balloon you would have seen my reasons. Please don't keep asking the same questions when the answer is already there. As for personal abuse of the London Mayor - there is none.

If you had read my post, you would have realised that I was asking the Daily Mail to give reasons for not allowing the balloon, not you. I'm also rather surprised to find that you did not consider the words "did ever a more lightweight, plasticky figure dawdle towards the top of British politics?" were abuse. Nor were "pathetic" and "jumped up". I'll bear that in mind the next time I read one of your "lightweight, pathetic, jumped up" posts!!! :wink:

He's just another Tory t055pot, their civil war will continue and they'll fiddle while Rome burns. (That's fiddle as in instrument as opposed to the favoured Tory pastime of fiddling with kids).

Lovely turn of phrase Sourcey.Do you talk about your employees like that.Those Shop Stewards will be banging on your door.

Well, you can choose not to read it.

That is part of our problem. People only read what we want to read and agree with. Each day we get the Times, i, Telegraph, and Mail. We also get the Sentinel but that doesn't count!!

Lovely turn of phrase Sourcey.Do you talk about your employees like that.Those Shop Stewards will be banging on your door.
lighten up a bit! To me he is just another Brexiteer lawyer cum politician who has no understanding of international business and shares the Brexit fantasy vision of life outside the single market.

The UK,Unparalleled Financial Services and a great big pile of dosh.
The EU will lose our net budget contribution but little else. The UK financial services sector will, if necessary which is highly likely, just relocate to Frankfurt, Paris and Dublin. It's probably the most international business on the planet and will locate wherever business terms are most favourable. Leaving the EU introduces huge risk to our finance sector, one of our biggest industries and massive tax contributor. The EU takes 80% of our services exports and we have a heavily tertiary economy, again, leaving the single market introduces huge risk to this trade.

Basically leaving the EU and especially the single market is absolutely mental and anyone who pretends otherwise is either being knowingly untruthful or is living in a fantasy world.

If you had read my post, you would have realised that I was asking the Daily Mail to give reasons for not allowing the balloon, not you. I'm also rather surprised to find that you did not consider the words "did ever a more lightweight, plasticky figure dawdle towards the top of British politics?" were abuse. Nor were "pathetic" and "jumped up". I'll bear that in mind the next time I read one of your "lightweight, pathetic, jumped up" posts!!! :wink:

How was I supposed to have realised you were asking the DM to give reasons when your post was addressed to me? I suggest you write directly to them if you're asking them a question, not me. And no I did not consider the words 'lightweight' etc abusive, when describing Sadiq Khan. With 60 reported moped muggings a day in London, well over 1200 knifings this year and crime at a high, whilst he spends his time approving stupid anti Trump stunts,I find the words used to be quite appropriate.

How was I supposed to have realised you were asking the DM to give reasons when your post was addressed to me?

By reading it?

And no I did not consider the words 'lightweight' etc abusive, when describing Sadiq Khan. With 60 reported moped muggings a day in London, well over 1200 knifings this year and crime at a high, whilst he spends his time approving stupid anti Trump stunts,I find the words used to be quite appropriate.

Thank you for that pathetic, lightweight jumped up response.

Sorry, jimbo, I thought you would realise I was talking about the edition following the decision of the law lords which was some months ago and led to a considerable number of complaints to the Press Standards body. I was also pleased that you had agreed with their ruling that the decision about triggering Article 50 should be left you your elected MP and the Houses of Parliament. You must therefore agree that Enemies of the People was an appalling headline in the circumstances.

Jacko - Once again your assunptions are way off. How was I supposed to know you were talking about a 2 year old headline in a discussion about last Saturdays DM? How? By the same token you ask me a question on another post which you admit was directed at the DM, not to me.

Please be clearer.

Archived