onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

So is anyone going to actually do anything about this or shall we just keep arguing and bitching on here which is achieving nothing but causing divides?
Trouble is SV1876 there is very little anybody can do, and what makes that even worse he knows that.

The Hugill monies will come in over the next 3 seasons made payable to PVFC not him direct or any of his multi companies he has founded to squirrel off every penny that goes into the club. He will over that period the same as the January window he supported (not) throw the club scraps to survive on. Then when the Huggill monies are paid tell all that they will of course go on the day to day running costs. All speculations if course but probably near the truth. So IMO we are up sh** creek without a paddle. That's unless another buyer steps in and pays his asking price that will include the due Huggill money to pay for his and only his BA**S up over the last 5 yrs.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Trouble is SV1876 there is very little anybody can do, and what makes that even worse he knows that.

The Hugill monies will come in over the next 3 seasons made payable to PVFC not him direct or any of his multi companies he has founded to squirrel off every penny that goes into the club. He will over that period the same as the January window he supported (not) throw the club scraps to survive on. Then when the Huggill monies are paid tell all that they will of course go on the day to day running costs. All speculations if course but probably near the truth. So IMO we are up sh** creek without a paddle. That's unless another buyer steps in and pays his asking price that will include the due Huggill money to pay for his and only his BA**S up over the last 5 yrs.

And that Paul is the reason all but a small handful of Smurthwaites supporters are so b****y angry and frustrated.

And that Paul is the reason all but a small handful of Smurthwaites supporters are so b****y angry and frustrated.

Exactly. With V2001 we had a variety of recourses because we were shareholders and had a legal right to hold the Board of Directors to account. We no longer have that. As supporters we can ask questions until we're blue in the face but the owner can simply ignore us. And he clearly doesn't care much what the fans think or he would have gone by now. We are between a rock and a hard place. Unless someone can find something illegal he has done (which I doubt) there is nothing we can do other than pray - and that doesn't work either!

Exactly. With V2001 we had a variety of recourses because we were shareholders and had a legal right to hold the Board of Directors to account. We no longer have that. As supporters we can ask questions until we're blue in the face but the owner can simply ignore us. And he clearly doesn't care much what the fans think or he would have gone by now. We are between a rock and a hard place. Unless someone can find something illegal he has done (which I doubt) there is nothing we can do other than pray - and that doesn't work either!

None of which explains why he continues to stick around. It can't be for the profits, it can't be for his popularity, it can't be because an imminent rise up the leagues is keeping him here. Money-wise surely he's as far as ever getting his money back goes.

Where is it all going to end?

None of which explains why he continues to stick around. It can't be for the profits, it can't be for his popularity, it can't be because an imminent rise up the leagues is keeping him here. Money-wise surely he's fxcked as far as ever getting his money back goes.

Probably the earnings and money he makes against the club, also could make in the future and the kudos of being on the thrown of the pvfc empire and gets to meet like minded chairman & so called business people --

if it was costing him money with the Hugill money he could jump now c/w the sale of the club ground say £1.5 mill (over valued I know)and ride off into the sunset

He's full of **** Tim. Always has been. Obvious to anyone with a brain cell. This is always a dangerous thing to say with the passing of time.. hope all is well with your mum and dad. The shift they put in with the scouts was much appreciated. Your mum IS Akela for me. Mine passed a few years ago. But I think they were friends. Sorry - off topic.

Mum and Dad still plodding on mate thanks, although I cant remember Toyah Wilcox being in 3rd Biddulph 94th City Cubs :-)

The irony, you complain about being ridiculed for holding a different opinion (in a later post you say you agree he should go and call it playing devils advocate, make your mind up), then you call people that hold a different opinion to you, "sheep".

People are concerned about the club they love. It was difficult for v2001 too, but you lead protests when they lead the club in the shambolic way that they did. We're now closer to non league than they took us, yet you're going out of your way to argue with people that are criticising Smurf for the countless mistakes he his making. I'd like to know what the difference is.

What is it that makes you cut Smurf some slack, where you wouldn't with v2001?

He did with V2001 when Deakin promised him the carpet job in the Robbie Williams suite, he told us we should all give Deakin time!

None of which explains why he continues to stick around. It can't be for the profits, it can't be for his popularity, it can't be because an imminent rise up the leagues is keeping him here. Money-wise surely he's as far as ever getting his money back goes.

He has the Anwick money, he will have the 2mil Hugill money. He paid 1.25 mil to buy the club.

The loans he alleges are pie in the sky figures so at the moment he is probably even or in profit.

He is now waiting for some one he can sell the club to and rent the ground to.

He could also be holding out to sell the land to a third party.

It would much benefit Smurf if the clubs demise was rapid.

The club could be liquidised and Smurf would still own the land.

Our only hope is for someone to buy the club and have the means for a new ground or one to share.

That is very unlikely.

It is also possible he could sell the club to an owner who wants to move it away from Stoke on Trent and then sell the land separately.

As we all know the land was once deemed practically useless for building on but in modern construction not now impossible.

He increased squad numbers.

I haven't mentioned 'strengthening'. I'm just pointing out that ending the transfer window with a lower wage bill doesn't mean Norman didn't support the manager. Whether those outgoing players should have been funded by Norman personally or from the club's budget is another matter, as is whether Aspin's new players (Hannant aside) provided any strengthening anyway.

The thing is, I broadly agree with much of what you say Hagrid. I just don't think there's any shade in many of the arguments on here. I think we probably paid out more money during January than the vast majority of teams in our league yet people on here seem to make out that Norman has done everything cheap.

Thank god someone else sees the light! I thought I was losing it.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Norm with, saying he didn't back Aspin in January is crazy when we signed centre back after centre back.

Everyone knew the squad was too big, everyone knew players had to leave, including Aspin.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Norm with, saying he didn't back Aspin in January is crazy when we signed centre back after centre back.

Everyone knew the squad was too big, everyone knew players had to leave, including Aspin.

Signed on loan mainly, with the loanee clubs probably paying their wages. How is that backing Aspin?

Did Aspin get the players he wanted?

Archived