onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

Aspin wanted Gunning to stay, Miller and Dodds, so considering he couldn't sign them how can anyone say he signed the players he wanted and Smurf has backed him.

How anyone can continue to try and defend the owner when the club is run like a bloody Non League club and we can't even compete with the likes of Mansfield and FG is beyond me and you must be seriously on a wind up.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

How on earth can anyone expect us to sign 3 match fit 28 year olds playing no lower than league 1 in January?

We'd be getting absolutely rinsed on wages and transfer fees and be in even more financial trouble.

We've signed loans and freebies for years, why is it such a disgrace now?

With correct investmeny

How on earth can anyone expect us to sign 3 match fit 28 year olds playing no lower than league 1 in January?

We'd be getting absolutely rinsed on wages and transfer fees and be in even more financial trouble.

It's always been a disgrace but they seem to get worse by the season.

Aspin wanted Gunning to stay, Miller and Dodds, so considering he couldn't sign them how can anyone say he signed the players he wanted and Smurf has backed him.

How anyone can continue to try and defend the owner when the club is run like a bloody Non League club and we can't even compete with the likes of Mansfield and FG is beyond me and you must be seriously on a wind up.

Gunning is nuts,Miller is nuts.The reason why they keep getting moved on or leave from clubs.

Gunning is nuts,Miller is nuts.
But Aspin still wanted them mate. How many other players did Aspin say he had gone for, was it around 30 he said on Radio. He then went on to say they wouldn't sign for various reasons including financial.

Can you see why fans are so god damm frustrated when we've have fallen so low and getting outbid by clubs with less gates under Smurfs ownership.

People are finding any pathetic excuse to defend Smurthwaite and it's becoming tedious now. The naivety is shocking. The January transfer window is just one area of criticism aimed at Smurf. For the last 2 years we've come through it with a weaker looking squad. The impact of last season's window is still affecting us now.

Why is it that teams around us can strengthen their squad, yet with Vale it's "how on earth can anyone expect us to sign" experienced players.

In our promotion season Wildes added to the squad and it got us over the line.

However you look at it, it all falls back on Smurthwaite. If it's the risk of a worsened financial state, why are we in that situation, despite the £2.2m influx of transfer fees over the last 12 months?

We can't attract the players our managers are targetting. Brown and Aspin both said the same thing. It's beyond debate now that Smurthwaite's actions have severely damaged the clubs reputation in footballing circles.

If it's the wage structure, then it's a structure established by Smurf. Not sure how true it is, but I read our wage budget is the 5th largest in the league. Garlick was saying in pre season the budget will be competitive, and given our attendances surely we're near the top of the league in that sense. If not, why not? Why over the last few seasons have different Managers all assembled huge squads lacking quality? Our managers are always in a desperate situation, losing players they don't want to lose, and unable to attract their first choice targets. It's a recurring problem, so the issue goes higher than the Manager.

People are defending the indefensible. Why, I don't know. Is it to be contrary on OVF, playing devils advocate, WUM's, links with Smurthwaite? Maybe it's a mix of those. Surely nobody is happy with the situation we are in, and surely no one is naive enough to lay the blame for that on each of the Managers unfortunate enough to have to work for him?

Anyone that is going out of their way to support Smurf now is no Vale fan in my eyes. How can they be? They're supporting a man that is destroying our club, day by day.

But Aspin still wanted them mate. How many other players did Aspin say he had gone for, was it around 30 he said on Radio. He then went on to say they wouldn't sign for various reasons including financial.

Can you see why fans are so god damm frustrated when we've have fallen so low and getting outbid by clubs with less gates under Smurfs ownership.

Miller could be in prison soon.Him and Gunning at the same club?:ohmy:.Neil,maybe,hadn’t noticed that.I’d sooner shop at Bournemouth,Leeds,Burnley,Burton etc.

Even that would not compare to relegation to non league and the financial

troubles we would find then.

To me just one major signing, not only to try and ensure safety this year

but would also have shown the ' intent ' of the football club for next year.

Just think of the possible impact on season ticket sales with the right speech from Smurf AND a top signing in Jan !!

Forward thinking I believe and showing an optimism for the future

Even that would not compare to relegation to non league and the financial

troubles we would find then.

To me just one major signing, not only to try and ensure safety this year

but would also have shown the ' intent ' of the football club for next year.

Just think of the possible impact on season ticket sales with the right speech from Smurf AND a top signing in Jan !!

Forward thinking I believe and showing an optimism for the future

Who would you suggest would have been the top signing in January?

The semantics that people will argue over to defend Norman cracks me up.

The facts are this... Under Norman’s tenure, the Vale are going backwards fast.

We are a serious risk of being relegated from the football league for goodness sake... just take a step back and let that sink in.

Yes I agree that being a lower league club is hard, but this backwards slide has been made worse by a number of woeful decisions by a man who doesn’t have the ability to turn it around.

What’s worse is that he will refuse to acknowledge this and will screw the club over because he refuses to admit he can’t do it.

Defend him all you want with the small technicalities of ‘we have also loaned players’ or ‘it’s not his job to fix the bogs’... but the big picture is that he is a terrible terrible owner who is failing big time and damaging the club.

Archived