onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Wildes added to the squad?:laughWith other people’s money,yes.Didn’t he want to sack Adams aswell?
If Smurf was in charge at the time, do you think he would have backed Adams? It matters not to us who's money it was. Wildes was better at spending Smurfs money than Smurf is. The club was ran so much better in thos 6 months, than at any point since then. People's opinion of Wildes has been influenced by the words of Smurf. Big mistake.

Look at the clubs decline since Smurf had to start making decisions on contracts. It's been one disaster after another.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Advert

People have been asking why he won't leave when the vast majority of fans are against him (I don't know one single person that supports him). You just have to look at how he reacts to criticism in the slightest, even constructive. He throws his toys out of the pram and labels people keyboard warriors. He is surrounded by people that kiss his arse. The likes of Fradley and "fans" that are close through business interests. They will be convincing him that OVF is a minority of moaners. They'll be convincing him they're perennial moaners and should be ignored. He'll like that kind of talk, he craves it. It's these kind of people that are just as dangerous as Smurf. They feed him the admiration he thrives on, all so that they can enjoy the matchday hospitality and feel important as they have the Chairman's ear.

They know who they are, and in my view, they're the lowest of the low.

People have been asking why he won't leave when the vast majority of fans are against him (I don't know one single person that supports him). You just have to look at how he reacts to criticism in the slightest, even constructive. He throws his toys out of the pram and labels people keyboard warriors. He is surrounded by people that kiss his arse. The likes of Fradley and "fans" that are close through business interests. They will be convincing him that OVF is a minority of moaners. They'll be convincing him they're perennial moaners and should be ignored. He'll like that kind of talk, he craves it. It's these kind of people that are just as dangerous as Smurf. They feed him the admiration he thrives on, all so that they can enjoy the matchday hospitality and feel important as they have the Chairman's ear.

They know who they are, and in my view, they're the lowest of the low.

Let's see if its a minority of moaners and get see if there can be smurf out cards held up at the game. Like red cards etc.

How on earth can anyone expect us to sign 3 match fit 28 year olds playing no lower than league 1 in January?

We'd be getting absolutely rinsed on wages and transfer fees and be in even more financial trouble.

We've signed loans and freebies for years, why is it such a disgrace now?

Regal, simple answer is to pay for them, smurf said he would do whatever it takes or words to that effect.

If synectics are still wanting to buy vale it makes no sense whatsoever for smurf to stay, just another sign of his muddled thinking.

Let's see if its a minority of moaners and get see if there can be smurf out cards held up at the game. Like red cards etc.

I think that's the kind of protest that needs organising. A vast visual protest that shows the owner how unpopular he's become. Nothing hate filled, no agression outside the entrance, and nothing too negative towards the players during the match. We thrashed Morecambe (I think it was them) when we did the red card protest, so don't give fuel to the argument that it affects the players.

To counter it, I think Aspin needs to be shown he has the support of fans. BBC RS have tweeted today that Aspin knows his job will be at risk if results don't improve. He has the backing of the majority of fans. He's a club legend, and if anyone needs support from fans during this period its him and the players. He needs the vocal support of fans in my opinion.

People's opinion of Wildes has been influenced by the words of Smurf.

Were Wildes and Smurthwaite been conducting business with each other outside of Port Vale, long after their relationship supposedly deteriorated?

Who owns Norman's hotel in Crewe these days? And the other one in Hoylake?

I think there's a bit more to them paid than what we know of.

Who would you suggest would have been the top signing in January?

The one player you need, whatever division, is an good goalkeeper.

You could argue a midfield general, a striker etc but for me a golakeeper

He is worth his weight in gold and we would not have been relegated last season

if we had been able to keep hold of Alnwick

So for me a goalkeeper would be for this season and a promotion push ? for next.

Top of my head Chris Neal but I would expect Aspin to know far better than I

who would have been available.

Smurf has to back him though and I don't believe he has at all.

Had he done so then what a statement it would have put out from Smurf.

" This is only the start, come and get your season tickets "

The one player you need, whatever division, is an good goalkeeper.

You could argue a midfield general, a striker etc but for me a golakeeper

He is worth his weight in gold and we would not have been relegated last season

if we had been able to keep hold of Alnwick

So for me a goalkeeper would be for this season and a promotion push ? for next.

Top of my head Chris Neal but I would expect Aspin to know far better than I

who would have been available.

Smurf has to back him though and I don't believe he has at all.

Had he done so then what a statement it would have put out from Smurf.

" This is only the start, come and get your season tickets "

You nailed it there.Aspo knows who’s available and has said most of it is garbage.I’m sure Neil and JR will have a list of OUT OF CONTRACT players in the summer,preferable to the dross available in Primarni January sale.

You nailed it there.Aspo knows who’s available and has said most of it is garbage.I’m sure Neil and JR will have a list of OUT OF CONTRACT players in the summer,preferable to the dross available in Primarni January sale.

Lets all hope that its not too late in the summer.

I know where you are coming from and in the main agree but I just

had a vision of Smurf "doing whatever it takes" to keep us in the

football league this season

Will say again, even a transfer fee paid, if it kept us in the football league

the money would be recouped over and over again next season.

Not sure how much Swindon paid for Mark Richards but his goals could well

have a return of a play off place and possibly promotion.

Now that deserves credit to the chairman / owner

I'm not sure how "whatever it takes" was interpreted by other people, but to me there was a tacit understanding that it's not a buyer's market in January and you may have to pay a little bit over the odds to get what you want, but you're doing that because the other option is not doing it and falling out of the Football League.

But then you can't look at this one window in isolation. It's the trend over time that's worrying. There's every chance that unless something changes fundamentally inside the club, we could get another poor window during the summer. Aspo continuing to get knocked back by his first choices, either because we can't compete with salaries or if players won't come because we're a basket case club with a barking owner.

I'm not sure how "whatever it takes" was interpreted by other people, but to me there was a tacit understanding that it's not a buyer's market in January and you may have to pay a little bit over the odds to get what you want, but you're doing that because the other option is not doing it and falling out of the Football League.

But then you can't look at this one window in isolation. It's the trend over time that's worrying. There's every chance that unless something changes fundamentally inside the club, we could get another poor window during the summer. Aspo continuing to get knocked back by his first choices, either because we can't compete with salaries or if players won't come because we're a basket case club with a barking owner.

This is the reality of where we are with Smurf.

It would take a brave man to stand up and say it will be any different.

Even Smurf wont come out with that comment - unless season ticket sales falter !

Not being relegated will only give us another ' poor transfer window '

with young players, past it pro's and non league hopefuls maybe.

Not too sure how much hope we can have on Aspin getting it right either.

Without financial backing I don't believe anyone can has a mass change

of a squad and be lucky enough to ' find ' several gems in one go.

Apologies,,,,,, didn't know this was an education site,,,,, ultimately my contribution to the thread seems more relevant than yours !!!

Look forward to your appraisal of all posts comma otherwise you will be classed just like the refs in this division -Totally inconsistent

Punctuate as required

No insult intended - it's just that without the comma the sentence appears to have the opposite meaning to the one I'm sure you intended.

Wildes added to the squad?:laughWith other people’s money,yes.Didn’t he want to sack Adams aswell?

Howjy, I know you and I have crossed swords on this point in the past, and I'm not going to be able to change your mind on this even if I wanted to.

But consider this - without Wildes, would we have been promoted to L1? Norman isn't spending his money, so why shouldn't Wildes spend it for him if the club is going to prosper? I think we can all see where the opposite approach has led.

Why do we need so many players team A 11 players to start but because they have had a bad injury or coming back from one we need team B 11 again these are players to cover the first 11 just in case they get injured team C 11 more players to cover if the first or second chose player pick up injury or lose form throw in a few kids and loan's and you have got a big squad it looks like because of the low wages these are the only players trying to get back in to league football that the manager can go for. Exbycars won't be back till the owner as sold up lock stock & barrel.

Archived