onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

Thank god someone else sees the light! I thought I was losing it.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Norm with, saying he didn't back Aspin in January is crazy when we signed centre back after centre back.

Everyone knew the squad was too big, everyone knew players had to leave, including Aspin.

If Aspins hands are tied to what he can pay for a decent player , that's no backing - Aspin had to get some one in to cover denton,anderson,gunning all first team game time players add to that Harness who he seems reluctant to play (this could be money related meaning why we retained his services)this year but not last he was an integral figure --take these players out and the squad has been ripped apart from the one which Aspin managed to organise in an effective unit --

How is that backing the manager - its snake n ladders climb a ladder only to fall down a longer snake and start again from a worse position --I really feel for Aspin shame the owner doesn't..

The feel good factor was back in december with v.good gates and therefore extra unplanned earnings which should have been used to get a couple of permanent deals over the line for experience players neil wants...fgr, Yeovil +others have done better business than us

January was the final failure for me for Norman and the only viable plan now would have been to see out this season escape relegation and then rebuild with a smaller quality squad with players Aspin wants But do you or anyone believe this will happen

January was the final failure for me for Norman and the only viable plan now would have been to see out this season escape relegation and then rebuild with a smaller quality squad with players Aspin wants But do you or anyone believe this will happen

I think that paragraph needs a comma after 'smaller' to make sense.

I think that paragraph needs a comma after 'smaller' to make sense.

Apologies,,,,,, didn't know this was an education site,,,,, ultimately my contribution to the thread seems more relevant than yours !!!

Look forward to your appraisal of all posts comma otherwise you will be classed just like the refs in this division -Totally inconsistent

Punctuate as required

We've gone from picking between Alnwick and Neal in the nets, to celebrating signing a few loanees at 0 outlay and 2 non-league lads, within 18 months. As the number of players has gone up, some constitute this as 'backing the manager'.

Embarrassing.

We've gone from picking between Alnwick and Neal in the nets, to celebrating signing a few loanees at 0 outlay and 2 non-league lads, within 18 months. As the number of players has gone up, some constitute this as 'backing the manager'.

Embarrassing.

Aspin has said at every opportunity that he would look to the non league for players. Rudge built his reputation on it too.

If you really think that Shrewsbury, Oxford and Lincoln have given us players for free than you are way out of your depth in this thread.

January is not the time to build next seasons squad. Loans were sensible and realistic and the ironic thing is that if Smurf had actually backed the manager to the extent that some on here expect then it would cement his position at the club even more.

Aspin has said at every opportunity that he would look to the non league for players. Rudge built his reputation on it too.

If you really think that Shrewsbury, Oxford and Lincoln have given us players for free than you are way out of your depth in this thread.

January is not the time to build next seasons squad. Loans were sensible and realistic and the ironic thing is that if Smurf had actually backed the manager to the extent that some on here expect then it would cement his position at the club even more.

It’s not next season that we’re worried about , as you can see from our league position. Signing 3 decent players in January , to help the spine of the team , was essential . Aspin , despite Rudge’s immense experience and help, was only scraping the bottom of the barrel, when the promised funds should have been made available. Quantity over quality, with Hannant being the exception , imo. Once again, his hands were tied. Because of that , right now he is throwing darts at a board , hoping one will stick. It’s that pitiful, and I feel sorry for the man. He is a quality manager , with a legend beside him , and he gets treated like this?

I can tell from the interviews that he is biting his tongue over Smurthwaite. The money is there , but he won’t release it for Aspin to

have a real shot at climbing the table. Let’s not fool ourselves here, Vale are going to have a very tough

time of it for the remainder of the season . Should we go down , Smurthwaite will be like a rat fleeing a sinking ship , and Neil Aspin and John Rudge would probably have enough at that stage and leave.

If that happens , and I sincerely hope that it doesn’t, will you come back and tell me that it was Aspin’s signings that caused Vale to be relegated? I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he would have signed players that he didn't want.

Perhaps his feeling was 'owt is better than nowt'. Without a question of doubt players needed to be brought in to both strengthen the squad and to replace the loss of Denton , Gunning and Anderson.That said I very much doubt that the ones who actually arrived were the players that he actually had in mind.

Archived