onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green R v Port Vale

Fosse69

This season is all about surviving as the deep seated rot set in from the Page appointment onwards. If Aspo and Sir John can get us to the end of the season out of the bottom two they will have done a great job. It is a matter firstly of clearing out the deadwood which will take time as most clubs with a degree of sanity wouldn’t touch the likes of Wilson with a barge pole. This is likely to take place in the close season. Trim the squad and more finance would be released to bring in better quality players. In Aspo we trust.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Advert

Be careful what you wish for Manorshop havnt got two half pennies to rub together and Synectics seemed to have cooled to buying the Vale because they may get flak if things go wrong.We could end up back to the VALIANT 2001 days.Smurf has the money to improve things if required and if he leaves Aspin and Rudge to get on with it could take us to an higher level.

Obviously Aspin didn't think Gunning was worth an 18 month contract because with new signings he would be just a fringe player.

Just a genuine enquiry - how do we know it was Aspin who made the decision about Gunning? Aspin clearly wanted him to stay and the thought crossed my mind that it might have been Norman who said no. We’ll probably never know but it might be a mistake to assume it was down to the manager. Just a thought.

Aspo has apologised in Sentinel to the supporters for the unacceptable efforts yesterday. He always tells it how it is and is an honest manager.

I posted last week that we ought to hold back till the summer for signings as only dregs and cast offs are available, think I'll change my opinion after yesterday.

One or two bodies in will help out.

Football is so reliant on confidence and momentum, even a point would of kept an 11 point gap , suddenly 8 doesn't look such a cushion.

Not for a minute do I think we'll go down but one or two crucial injuries could leave us short.

What has happened is people got ahead of themselves it would of taken top 5 form for the rest of the season to even have a sniff at the play offs. Maybe the inconsistency of the team shows we are way short , wishing my life away but roll on August and a clean slate .

Just a genuine enquiry - how do we know it was Aspin who made the decision about Gunning? Aspin clearly wanted him to stay and the thought crossed my mind that it might have been Norman who said no. We’ll probably never know but it might be a mistake to assume it was down to the manager. Just a thought.

Reading between the lines it did seem like Aspin wanted to review things in the summer with a number of players inc Gunning. There was an interview on radio stoke which when you listened to in full he talked about being disappointed to Gunning but then then later was talking about how he wanted to review a lot of deals in the summer and see where they were upto.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Aspo has apologised in Sentinel to the supporters for the unacceptable efforts yesterday. He always tells it how it is and is an honest manager.

I posted last week that we ought to hold back till the summer for signings as only dregs and cast offs are available, think I'll change my opinion after yesterday.

One or two bodies in will help out.

Football is so reliant on confidence and momentum, even a point would of kept an 11 point gap , suddenly 8 doesn't look such a cushion.

Not for a minute do I think we'll go down but one or two crucial injuries could leave us short.

What has happened is people got ahead of themselves it would of taken top 5 form for the rest of the season to even have a sniff at the play offs. Maybe the inconsistency of the team shows we are way short , wishing my life away but roll on August and a clean slate .

Yeah agree 100% we are never going near the playoffs this year it’s all about Aspin working out what he needs and where he can find it for next year. Rudge will be on the hunt for some gems and our time will be next year. Some decent results this year to come but some shockers too

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

The fact it is a week in to the transfer season and we have had more leave than come in and the 1 player to come in is a prospect, nothing to add to our immediate first team is worrying. Why did Whitfield go off at half time? Is he injured or is his playing time dictated to us?

We were 10 or so points above relegation last season at this time, then we lose Alnwick and Grant and look what happened. We have to improve the team as what we have is potentially relegation material.

You can't compare last season to this.

Last year we were dropping down the league this year we have been climbing up it. One defeat doesn't change that.

More players will leave as we have a huge squad... don't tell me you wanted us to keep hold of the likes of stobbs and pyke? As far as I seen it there's two gone who we would've liked to keep and two in.

I reiterate it's been one bloody week.

Seems like apposing team managers know that putting two big/tall defenders on Tom Pope, who is our main threat, will stifle the Vale's attack, because Tom will not be able to deliver his very useful flick on's.

We need to have Barnet (or a better striker to be imported) along side Tom from the start.

Last year we were dropping down the league this year we have been climbing up it. One defeat doesn't change that.

More players will leave as we have a huge squad... don't tell me you wanted us to keep hold of the likes of stobbs and pyke? As far as I seen it there's two gone who we would've liked to keep and two in.

Didn't we lose against notts county then?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

There's plenty of January left to bring players in - and hopefully ship one or two out as well.

But any signings will be temporary or stop gap measures - the players that Aspo might want will be under contract until the summer if they have anything about them. January just gives you loans and leftovers.

Not bothered at all about Stobbs or Pyke but I reckon Aspin wanted to keep Denton and Gunning but for different reasons they have left, surely that leaves space for 2 players that can come in. We desperately need a couple of full backs.

Plus, I make it 4 gone and 1 come in.

Based players that actually matter. It's not.

Aspin clearly didn't want stobbs or pyke so those two don't count.

Gunning and Denton out.

Angus and Whitfield in.

I agree we need some full backs, Maybe that Kelly deserves a go at left back.

Archived