onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green R v Port Vale

Fosse69

I still think we have a very average squad to say the least and most certainly lacking in any grit or steel. If and its always a big if the whole team plays at 100% then we can get enough results to finish mid table. It is just going to take time to move players on and bring in the right characters to improve the squad, we put our trust in Aspo and JR to do that, but they need some good suport from NS. Without knowing all the facts it was dissapointing to loose Gav just hope there is a plan in place to fill his boots.

Advert

Just seen the goal on Sky, absolute screamer that would go in against anyone. Proves the big issue for us was our inability to score ourselves, something that stems from midfield and up front. Earlier in the season the midfield was weak and couldn't support the defence, that bit's looking better now so the next step is to get some creativity in there. When Aspo came we all knew it would take time, he's done so well so far we are in danger of losing patience.

Playoffs? Who even said that? Aspo has worked wonders and its unbelievable how far above the drop zone we are. Wrong game for us today with Forest Green galvanised by transfers and massively in need of a win. Reuben Reid is a good player at this level.

However I didn't spend my time and money going today so of course I'm not as annoyed as some.

I've been very happy with how things have gone over the past three months or so but it's alarming that it doesn't take very much for us to look like a poor side again.

An injury, one or two players not quite on it, or sometimes if we just don't click on the day. There doesn't look a great deal of strength in depth, and maybe too many old legs in the middle of the park.

Guest TommyMac
Lighten up folks today was awful by all accounts but switch back to Luton - we’re work in progress and days like today will happen in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Apart from one or two silly comments, I don't think people are going OTT about losing today. In fact I think some of the posts defending the result on the grounds that FGR have made signings this week are more OTT. Fact is we were playing the bottom team and we were on an excellent run of form. IMO we should have won comfortably. I don't imagine Aspin has them locked in the dressing room saying 'never mind lads you were great against Luton'.

I don't imagine Aspin has them locked in the dressing room saying 'never mind lads you were great against against Luton'.

Certainly not. He's organised a New Year lecture for them from FGR's chairman on the benefits of sustainable energy available from renewable sources and the moral positives of a vegan diet.

Gunning is already missed, he already looked solid and determined. No idea why Forrester never got a look in with the new guy Dior, ominously already looking a bit out of his depth in league football.

Overall this game demonstrated once again why Smurf needs to leave. He makes our squad look cheap even next to the FGR one. I can’t believe people thought he should be forgiven after Luton!

Give it a rest mate

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Said on Radio Sjoke Aspo still not out of the changing room at 6pm. Expect we will see a positive reaction in the next game

That was THE ONLY mention that Vale got during the 1 hour P&G programme.The rest of the hour was dedicated to Stoke,Stoke,Stoke with two traffic reports thrown in.Radio Stoke are a disgrace.

Archived