onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Stoke City Topic Thread: Relegation? Staying up? Manager? Empty seats

Pheonix Vale

Advert

Bump.....I see Hudds win against Bournemouth pushed the Lard down another place closer to the trapdoor.

Not that I'm gloating given Vale's current predicament but it's the only bright spot in an otherwise bleak weekend.

Exactly, but even if Stoke are relegated they will still have 'League status and a parachute full of money.

• 3 weeks later...
Seems despite the fact they aren't winning things are falling their way.

Thats Palace and Newcastle blowing 2 goal leads in the last week , coupled with an 88th minute Kane winner for Spurs v Palace the previous game.

Lard gits.

Man.City up next for Sjoke.

I watched their game last night and it really puts into perspective some of the stick our players get on here and on social media about not caring or putting a shift in. Some of their players put in a totally disinterested and lazy performance, easily much worse than anything I've seen this season from our players in terms of effort. It just shows how the premier league is full of players, who are so loaded they have no need to play, who believe their own hype about how good they are and don't really care for the shirt they're wearing.

Lifes cruel isn't it.

Normally I would be rejoicing in stokes situation,but I can't bring myself to even think about it while we are in such a mess ourselves.

I agree with PV1973 stoke showed no sign or desire to get stuck in and put Citeh under pressure.

Man City would be good enough to challenge in La Liga and the lower level of the Premier League is proving pretty easy for them. I think Stoke also played with an unfit striker, I don't know why, but the one thing you have got to do is have the ball stick up front whether long ball or short ball. Difficult to tell what will happen to Stoke, the empty seats indicate their core support is about 13-14k if they go down. But it's extraordinary to not come to watch a very good side.

In the 70's and early 80's you had to go to watch a top team - in those days Liverpool, Villa, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich et al. So People would watch Stoke and Port Vale, but I feel now that if Port Vale were playing Man City a sell out would be certain even if we were going to lose heavily. Yet many Stoke fans seem to down tools very quickly.

Archived