onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Stoke City Topic Thread: Relegation? Staying up? Manager? Empty seats

Pheonix Vale

Advert

Surprised he has been given a 2.5 year contract. His history has shown him to be good in the Championship but not so in the Premiership. Does this mean Coates expects them to go down so want him for next years challenge to get promoted?

How many teams drop out of premier league then struggle to stay n championship like Sunderland.With Lambert as Manager he couldn't get Wolves back up.I can see them dropping to Div1 if they go down.

How many teams drop out of premier league then struggle to stay n championship like Sunderland.With Lambert as Manager he couldn't get Wolves back up.I can see them dropping to Div1 if they go down.

He's got a 27% win rate in the PL and his next three home games will be crucial in keeping them up,Huddersfield,Brighton and Watford.

Probably because the owners trouser most of the parachute payments to the detriment of the clubs team rebuilding .:ohmy::ninja:

Paul Lambert to get a £1m bonus if he keeps Sjoke up.He hopes to make Derby striker Chris Martin his first signing.However,Derby want £8m for the Scotland international who is on £50,000 a week.

Hope he buys Hugill for 20 million, be a first for Stoke to give us anything.

Paul Lambert to get a £1m bonus if he keeps Sjoke up.He hopes to make Derby striker Chris Martin his first signing.However,Derby want £8m for the Scotland international who is on £50,000 a week.

Is that really true? He's hardly kicked a ball this season and has played almost all his career games in the Championship. He was touted for a loan move to Reading by Sky yesterday.

I know Stoke need to get someone other than Crouch who can score, especially as Berahinogoals couldn't hit Boris' Big Bus of Lies with a blunderbuss from 10 yards, but if they're serious about staying up they'll need someone less of a risk than a 29 year old who did well for Lambert in the Championship at Norwich.

Maybe they're preparing for next season in the Championship?

Is that really true? He's hardly kicked a ball this season and has played almost all his career games in the Championship. He was touted for a loan move to Reading by Sky yesterday.

I know Stoke need to get someone other than Crouch who can score, especially as Berahinogoals couldn't hit Boris' Big Bus of Lies with a blunderbuss from 10 yards, but if they're serious about staying up they'll need someone less of a risk than a 29 year old who did well for Lambert in the Championship at Norwich.

Maybe they're preparing for next season in the Championship?

Rowett has just signed Cameron Jerome from Norwich so Martin is surplus to requirements now at Derby where he's vastly overpaid in my opinion?

Rowett has just signed Cameron Jerome from Norwich so Martin is surplus to requirements now at Derby where he's vastly overpaid in my opinion?

I understand that it's just that I'd be amazed if he's the kind of signing Stoke expect to be sure of keeping them in the Premier League. Don't get me wrong, I'd be chuffed if we signed him but he'd be a 'chancer' in the Prem, the sort I'd take a punt on if I were managing a mid table side (for the right money of course, if his wages are as stated then Derby must be desperate to offload him).

Also, the Stokinel report that Lambert is about to sign a Greek lad called Stafylidis from Augsburg who's a left back. Looks like the end of the line for their version of Craig James then, Erik 'the half a bee' Pieters. Pity really, you can always rely on him to get skinned or, when going forward, boot the ball aimlessly behind for a goal kick.

Archived