onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Regis

TheBogieMan

Advert

Not featured in the squad in the last two games with no explanation is he injured or is there some other reason?

I do hope they are not keeping the lad under wraps until after the transfer window in fear of losing him?

Very strange indeed given that we have possibly the worst midfield in my 39 years of supporting Vale.

Just goes to show how we all see things differently. Having Worrall in any midfield means it can't be that bad.

In my opinion if we had Worrall last season we would have stayed up. He was by far our best player last night and close up second half I could see he is technically very good with tremendous engine. I have a moan, no tantrum, about Harness every game. He has tremendous engine, can link up play well, does close down. He can dribble, but it is often inefficient making the wrong choices, he loses the ball cheaply too often, he doesn't seem to find space and never isolates a full back, and he jumps out of the way in some tackles. There is the material to work with, he has the capacity to be 30% better than he is showing.

I don't think De Freitas has has any final product - like Harness, Denton, Pugh and a few others.

But at least he's young, decent on the ball and used to give us some useful 20 minute cameos from the bench when Bruno was here.

He's got a bit more energy than Tonge and Pugh.

I'd throw him on in the second half as the best of a bad bunch.

I see the reserves, like the first team last night, created lots of chances but lost 0-4 this afternoon. Regis played, as did Barnett and De Freitas.

My two penneth for what it's worth.

I'm surprised Regis hasn't been on the bench but as he's a young relatively inexperienced player so probably isn't the answer to Vale's stuttering midfield.

Worrall is a good player at this level from his energy alone but as a winger/right sided midfield player he doesn't have a trick or blistering pace to get past a defender and his crosses tend to be floated rather than hit with bend and dip.

Harness has two assists, has energy, has a trick in him, can shoot although he's yet to score and great potential, I'd always have him in or around our current first team.

AdF can dribble has energy but in over 40 odd appearances for Vale has yet to register an assist or a goal, I doubt whether he has the awareness or vision for football at this level. I wonder whether he should be given a try on the right hand side of midfield where he can cut in and bend the ball at the goal rather than away from it, his preseason goal vs Kidsgrove came from the right.

I prefer Tonge over Pugh.

Archived