onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

I really am dreading this game. If Brown is still in charge and we lose things could get really ugly. I don't see why he should be still in charge because I have seen no improvement at all from the Wycombe game. However, I truly do believe that we will win this game whoever is in charge. I'll for 2-1 Vale.

Hornby

Wilson

Anderson

Smith

Denton

Worral

Tonge

De Freitas

Whitfield

Pope

Barnett

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Are you for real??!! 'I truly believe we will win this game' funny

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

The only way Brown will even begin to convince me that he is the man in this game is if we thrash FGR, keep a clean sheet, and put in a really good performance.

There's a pig...

For what it's worth my team would be:

5-3-2: Hornby; Wilson, Smith, Anderson, Gunning, Denton; Worrall, Tonge*, de Freitas; Pope, Turner

Subs: Boot, Yates, Davis, Middleton, Whitfield, Barnett, Pyke

More of a 3-5-2 in truth, if the wide men can get up and down the pitch. Please no 4 centre halves, although I agree we probably need an extra man there, as well as in the middle of the pitch.

Pope and Barnett are too similar for me - how can we expect Pope to run onto Barnetts flick ons?! It's bizarre, old fashioned tactics. Dan Turner has scored two goals - two more than any other forward - and hasn't even started a league game yet (I don't recall).

*Is he available for this one?

Wrong on one thing. Pope isn't on the bench or just sitting on the edge of it ready to drop into the reserves

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I'm one who has favoured 3.5.2 since Bruno came here but I don't think we've ever tried it in the past 18 months.

I expect us to go 4.4.2 again but like others have said I'd certainly want at least one proper full back who can get up and down the wing, and I want a big 'un and a little 'un up front, not both Pope and Barnett. I don't care who they are and if it isn't working we can always bring the other two on in the second half.

Hopefully Tonge can make a difference for us.

Your choice,whatever tickles your fancy?😁

I don't know why you're mocking me or why you find it funny. It should actually be more concerning that a lot of people like me (a fan of 36 years, had a season ticket for years, went home and away) are quietly walking away from the club and finding better things to do with their Saturday afternoon.

This game is a strange one in so much as we've got off to such a bad start even if we won it 8 nil it wouldn't represent anything more than a peg in the ground, we need a string of wins to give rise to any confidence.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

Agreed, it's damage limitation time. I think honestly think that it's just sinking in just how ***** we actually are in we're in a dogfight for our existence. From general discussions I had following relegation I think people thought that we'd be mid table to playoffs, "we'll be okay", "it's a poor division" etc, always knew that it was going to be tough but not even I expected it to be as bad as it is. Sad thing is I cannot see how it will improve. And on cue The Smiths 'What Difference Does It Make' on BBC4......

This game is a strange one in so much as we've got off to such a bad start even if we won it 8 nil it wouldn't represent anything more than a peg in the ground, we need a string of wins to give rise to any confidence.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

Confidence only comes with winning, Saturday would be the start and the end of a losing streak. Then the next game is easier, but still work to be done whoever is in charge.

I think we will get stuffed not because they are better just that we're pure toss.

Which games in particular that you've attended have led you to this conclusion? Which formation do you think would be better, and who would you put in that formation? Which players in particular have disappointed you and why?

Archived