onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

I referred to this game earlier as a possible peg in the ground and for me that means going back to fundamentals and playing with two proper full backs, a midfield four who are solid but offer something going forward and a balanced front two.

Assuming these players are fit and available I'd go with something like

Hornby

Yates

Smith

Anderson

Denton

Harness

Worrall

Tonge

DeFreitas (I like him on the left)

Barnett OR Pope

Turner OR Pyke

Pope and Barnett are too similar to be the front pair they each need a man to play off them.

Then again, what do I as a simple supporter know? MB will most likely have 4 centre halves in defence and one up front then wonder why it hasn't worked - again.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Which games in particular that you've attended have led you to this conclusion? Which formation do you think would be better, and who would you put in that formation? Which players in particular have disappointed you and why?

We're 92nd out of 92 and haven't scored a goal in hours. How much more evidence is needed that we're not very good? We play a team including 4 centebacks and 4 wingers, with one up front at home. You don't have to be a super fan and attend every game to realise that the manager is tactically clueless. I'd wager the bookies haven't been to see us this season and they'd have us odds on to lose. Or is it your opinion that unless you've been evey game you can't comment on the position we're in?

However, if you get some sort of self worth from posting as you do, in a condescending fashion, and it makes you feel better about yourself, you crack on. Whilst the fans you're deriding (and more) will continue to silently walk away. Hey, one day you may even get to be the only fan there; wouldn't that be grand.

Which games in particular that you've attended have led you to this conclusion? Which formation do you think would be better, and who would you put in that formation? Which players in particular have disappointed you and why?

Oh come on, please don't say you don't think we're 'pure toss'. We've been absalute garbage every match!

W

We're 92nd out of 92 and haven't scored a goal in hours. How much more evidence is needed that we're not very good? We play a team including 4 centebacks and 4 wingers, with one up front at home. You don't have to be a super fan and attend every game to realise that the manager is tactically clueless. I'd wager the bookies haven't been to see us this season and they'd have us odds on to lose. Or is it your opinion that unless you've been evey game you can't comment on the position we're in?

However, if you get some sort of self worth from posting as you do, in a condescending fashion, and it makes you feel better about yourself, you crack on. Whilst the fans you're deriding (and more) will continue to silently walk away. Hey, one day you may even get to be the only fan there; wouldn't that be grand.

Nope, I'm not ever-present at games and never claimed to be. And I'm not sure where I've derided fans, you'll have to fill me in on that one.

But my point is that it's easy to join in with saying how bad we are (we are, the table and six defeats shows that). But if someone is going to say that, they'd presumably have some thoughts on why we're so bad. I don't think it's unreasonable to carry on the discussion - isn't that what a forum is there for?

W

Nope, I'm not ever-present at games and never claimed to be. And I'm not sure where I've derided fans, you'll have to fill me in on that one.

But my point is that it's easy to join in with saying how bad we are (we are, the table and six defeats shows that). But if someone is going to say that, they'd presumably have some thoughts on why we're so bad. I don't think it's unreasonable to carry on the discussion - isn't that what a forum is there for?

I'm quite certain it's been explained numerous times on here....

Awful formations...

Team selections...

4 centre backs....

4 wingers.....

Signed a load of crogs....

And most importantly an utterly useless manager with the tactical knowledge of a potato.

I referred to this game earlier as a possible peg in the ground and for me that means going back to fundamentals and playing with two proper full backs, a midfield four who are solid but offer something going forward and a balanced front two.

Assuming these players are fit and available I'd go with something like

Hornby

Yates

Smith

Anderson

Denton

Harness

Worrall

Tonge

DeFreitas (I like him on the left)

Barnett OR Pope

Turner OR Pyke

Pope and Barnett are too similar to be the front pair they each need a man to play off them.

Then again, what do I as a simple supporter know? MB will most likely have 4 centre halves in defence and one up front then wonder why it hasn't worked - again.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

Despite what you say Baldrick Brown has a cunning plan to play 4 centre backs (it makes us hard to beat?)behind 4 wingers and may be forced to play 2 up front if he goes into attack mode.

Well, the resistable force (Vale) v the movable object (FGR)

My fears are that FG will score, because they do and we might not, because we don't.

My hopes are for a win.

Let's hope!!

To win you have to score goals which Brown seems incapable of understanding.He is terrified of losing so will sit back and hope a miracle happens and we manage to score.

I'm hoping that Tonge's experience can make a bit of a difference to our poor midfield, though I know he isn't a world beater.

But as I said before - and 99% of us I think agree on this - we need to have full backs who can get forward and assist the attack on our wide pitch and we also need a different combination up front instead of two predictable one paced big 'uns.

That type of team could conceivably be good enough. If we can replicate the second half performance against Crewe this is a game we can win. And no I haven't been given a straight-jacket yet!

Hornby/Boot.

Gunning Anderson Smith

Whitfield Tonge Worrall De Freitas Denton

Turner Pyke

Go and batter them.

Thats the team id pick but will the masterplan man .

Im kinda looking forwards to it how sad a act am i .

Boycott that will help after 7 games i think not and before anyone says ima happy clapper i certainly am not .

Vale need support by all means make a stand outside for 15 mins to show your annoyance at the way its going but staying away justmakes Stoke stronger and Vale weaker .

Aint we weakenough without people walking away .

Yes its dire ,abysmal ,sad but whos to say we cannot win the next 39 games because its all about confidence.

Then everything may fall into place,it may not but Vales my team and i aint going stop supporting them just because theyr garbage (which they r ).

Class Personified has another day pass for tomorrows game.

He is very excited.

He says we will be singing all the way across the peaks, marching down Hamil Rd waving our whoppers and even buying gravy from May St chippy.

He says we will win 4-0; the tide will turn.

Pope, Worrall, Whitfield and Barnett will score.

We will be singing all the way up Hamil Rd at the end.

We will win the next three on the bounce.

I love this story!

Archived