onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Brown is Port Vale manager on a permanent basis

Stats can tell you anything you want them to tell you.

What about losing Jones, Alnwick and Grant in January (late in the window)?

Having Walker, Guy, Knopps, Forrester, Shodipo all out for the season with injuries.

Having to scrape around for players without clubs (Bikey, Eagles, Mehmet, Taylor)

Having to blood local academy youngsters into a relegation fight (Turner, Reeves)

Having a "strikeforce" of Cicilia and Hooper.

And still only getting relegated by 1 point?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but he has had some rotten luck. Let's see what he can do building his own team. And if he's dreadful come December, then I'm sure he won't be here.

I told myself that I wouldnt post on OVF again but this thread is really boiling my pi55.

Ive never heard such a load of excuse making BS in all my life

Jones Alnwick and Grant gone in the window with 2-3 weeks left to go. Grant and Alnwick transfers were in the papers for two weeks before completed so 4-5 weeks to act.

Injuries potentially caused by overtraining as there was an over interest in getting people 'fit', Walker came with a shocking injury record too (browns choice).

Having to scrape around for players....he wouldnt have done if he brought in players of use during the window not a goalkeeper only to then get another one 3 games later and the two lads from QPR who played about 4 times between them.

Having to blood young lads... no he didnt have to he decided to rather than play lads like Amoros, Tavares and De Freitas who have some decent experience.

Having a Strike force of Cicilia and Hooper... This is because he signed a crock and let Paterson go (not great but better than nothing)

Only relegated by 1 point? He took over a side in mid-table, lost to Chesterfield and Coventry who were both dead and buried and cannon fodder for other sides, he threw away points being negative against Bristol Rovers and Gillingham.

Makes you laugh the same people on here moaning that Smurf is responsible entirely for his mistakes, seem to think that Brown isnt responsible for his???? The mind boggles. Brown signed a boat load of total garbage in the window and had to then go and get free agent players (also available in January too) a month later, he is not blameless at all, he had half a season to make it work and fluffed his lines. If Smurf is responsible then so is brown. We will start next season with a manager who is inexperienced and cheap like we did last year and people think its going to be ok?

What was it they said...Insanity is doing the same think over and over and expecting a different result?

Advert

Good luck Michael im happy with that appointment.Yes I would have liked a proven manager but that would have swallowed a huge chunk of the budget,I'd also like to see about 8 or so of the squad to remain as I'm sure they all feel they have a score to settle after this season.

I told myself that I wouldnt post on OVF again but this thread is really boiling my pi55.

Jones Alnwick and Grant gone in the window with 2-3 weeks left to go. Grant and Alnwick transfers were in the papers for two weeks before completed so 4-5 weeks to act.

Injuries potentially caused by overtraining as there was an over interest in getting people 'fit', Walker came with a shocking injury record too (browns choice).

Having to scrape around for players....he wouldnt have done if he brought in players of use during the window not a goalkeeper only to then get another one 3 games later and the two lads from QPR who played about 4 times between them.

Having to blood young lads... no he didnt have to he decided to rather than play lads like Amoros, Tavares and De Freitas who have some decent experience.

Having a Strike force of Cicilia and Hooper... This is because he signed a crock and let Paterson go (not great but better than nothing)

Only relegated by 1 point? He took over a side in mid-table, lost to Chesterfield and Coventry who were both dead and buried and cannon fodder for other sides, he threw away points being negative against Bristol Rovers and Gillingham.

Makes you laugh the same people on here moaning that Smurf is responsible entirely for his mistakes, seem to think that Brown isnt responsible for his???? The mind boggles. Brown signed a boat load of total garbage in the window and had to then go and get free agent players (also available in January too) a month later, he is not blameless at all, he had half a season to make it work and fluffed his lines. If Smurf is responsible then so is brown. We will start next season with a manager who is inexperienced and cheap like we did last year and people think its going to be ok?

What was it they said...Insanity is doing the same think over and over and expecting a different result?

Well said. The post you quoted seemed insanity to me as well.

Alnwick and Grant went on deadline day, or very close to. Not defending Brown's transfer record though.

I was undecided on Brown last season and if I'm honest I am still undecided now, but he will have my support 100% and I hope as all Vale fans should do that he is a big Sucess with us, as long as I can see some signs of progress under him It will be a start, therefore the first sign will be his his retained list as I suspect this will tell us more about him and what he thinks of the players he has had forced upon him, if we see contracts offered to the likes of Kelly or Hooper and a few of the others then I will be concerned, the 2nd thing will be the quality of his signings and then finally will be the fitness/shape/performance and results of the new look Team.

Whatever your opinion we need to back him and give him time to build some foundations in the team as the decision has now been made so will not be changed unless new owners arrive soon.

Stats can tell you anything you want them to tell you.

What about losing Jones, Alnwick and Grant in January (late in the window)?

Jones left on 2nd January - how late in the window was that?

Peterborough bid for Grant in December so they knew he was likely to go.

The Alnwick deal was on here ten days before it happened, Brown said we spoke to five keepers on the last day before signing Celtic's fourth choice keeper on loan, nothing to do with him being the cheapest of course. It's Smurf's fault for not allowing proper funds to sign replacements, nothing to do with timing.

What do people expect to happen when the fans can't be bothered to turn up,it's well known that unless your lucky to have a rich owner in lower league football you rely heavily on gate money or you borrow millions and end up going down the pan if it doesn't work out,even with millions there's no guarantees in football.

Whatever the debates are about his role in this season, next season it will be clear as day. The entire summer to sign and train the team, and a fairly blank canvas for new players - or as blank as can be expected. Obviously finances will be an issue, but that's management!

Are you that stupid or just another Norman apologist trying to deflect the blame onto Brown?

Your quote of "Even with a dreadful strike force we could've been correctly organised and picked up regular clean sheets" tells me everything I need to know.

How are you supposed to win games if you don't score goals? Jesus Christ mate.

Think his point of getting regular clean sheets is implying points for drawing more matches could have kept us up.

Thanks for the insult.

Read again and you may understand.

Who said we needed to win games? As you said we were one point off safety. If brown organised the side we would've picked up points, no question.

Why does my quote 'tell you everything you need to know'? Oh wise one.

And no not at all completely the opposite. I'm just someone who realises smurf was/is a ***, Bruno was no good and brown is no good either! If you can't see how bad we've been since he took over then you need help.

'Jesus Christ mate'

Why should we "never have been near a relegation battle?". We were in freefall after that lucky start we had!

"Who said we needed to win games?" - WOW. So you just want to draw 0-0 in every game? I want to see goals in the side.

Your opinion is your opinion, if you think Brown is "no good" based on a few games that's fine. If you were in charge, who would you have employed as manager...?

We are all repeating ourselves ad infinitum but it changes nothing and we all have to get behind the manager.

I'm relatively happy with the news but know full well that if we don't turn a corner by Xmas the management team won't be here.

I don't think it's fair to judge Brown under the impossibly difficult circumstances he inherited. It was like saying here you go Michael, here's a Fiat 500, now try and win the next grand prix. He did enough for me to deserve an extension.

Like I say, it doesn't matter now, and I can see other viewpoints, but we need to get behind him and his new players and hope we can have a better season than the last one.

I only had to read your username to know you would be talking tripe as usual.

"Injuries potentially caused by overtraining"

So you're a physio now are you? Or is this wild conjecture? So every injury in the country by every footballer is caused by "overtraining" is it?

Again, so we lose Alnwick + Santos and are left with Boot and you expect him to bring in another keeper of Jak's ability in January? Why would any club let a quality keeper go when their #1 could get injured at any point?

I like Amoros and find it a shame he didn't get a chance. Tavares is awful, one of the slowest players I've ever seen and passes to the opposition more than a Vale player. And De Freitas played a lot under Brown so more nonsense from you yet again.

He signed a crock? I assume you're talking about Walker? So him injuring his knee ligaments in a freak incidient defines him as a "crock"? Wow. Your post gets more absurd the more I read.

And as for suggesting keeping Paterson, you clearly haven't a clue mate! :clap:

He took over a side in mid-table

You're making yourself look silly here mate. I'd advise you take your own advice and stop posting on here. We were 17th when Bruno resigned. Not midtable. 6 points above relegation and in free fall - we had won 1 out of the last 11!

Just hope he plays two strikers in home games! At least some clarity now so good luck Michael some good news now for season ticket prices please.
Just checked on the Vale site but ST item not working, maybe changes afoot?

Archived