onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Brown is Port Vale manager on a permanent basis

Good news in 2 ways - firstly, it is sorted quickly and that means stability and planning are easier. He can now get on with his clear-out, get shot of those who need to go, and sign up some players who will restore the pride to the great club that is Port Vale.

Secondly - Brown is, in all likelihood, the best available choice. I say available because much as I'd like Nigel Pearson or someone similar, that is like trying to sign Messi and Ronaldo as players. Brown knows the workings of the labarynth and the ways of its strange creatures, and that includes some fans (yes me too if you like).

Healing takes time, but the process has begun. The stitches are out, the air is getting at the wounds, and we will rebound because we are Vale.

Advert

And still only getting relegated by one point!!! Are you for real! We never should've been anywhere near the relegation battle! If our manager knew how to set a side up I'm sure we could've picked up something st chesterfield or Coventry!

every manager has to bloody in young lads that's part of football and fair enough he had some bad luck but that dosent mean we should've been that bad. Even with a dreadful strike force we could've been correctly organised and picked up regular clean sheets, remember our defence is actually decent.

Are you that stupid or just another Norman apologist trying to deflect the blame onto Brown?

Your quote of "Even with a dreadful strike force we could've been correctly organised and picked up regular clean sheets" tells me everything I need to know.

How are you supposed to win games if you don't score goals? Jesus Christ mate.

Are you that stupid or just another Norman apologist trying to deflect the blame onto Brown?

Your quote of "Even with a dreadful strike force we could've been correctly organised and picked up regular clean sheets" tells me everything I need to know.

TBF a couple of 0-0's against Coventry and Chesterfield would have helped. Instead we were awful and got beat without a whimper.

Stats can tell you anything you want them to tell you.

Stats don't lie, just like the table doesn't lie.

It's clear for all to see. I don't agree with his appointment , and Cambridge Don put it best, but to be fair , I'll give him a chance as a manager till Christmas and see how he does.

Good luck to the man, but the puppet show goes on.

TBF a couple of 0-0's against Coventry and Chesterfield would have helped. Instead we were awful and got beat without a whimper.

Admittedly, those two results were dreadful and consigned us to relegation in my eyes but this squad is atrocious!

Just getting frustrated with all the Vale fans saying "NO NO NO NO" to everything without offering their alternative.

Give me a choice of either Kenny Jackett, Billy Davies, Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins or Michael Brown and I'd take any of the first four. But although they are out of work, they are unlikely to come to us. That's the reality of a club like us.

Give me a choice of Brian Little (who Norman was going to appoint before Bruno) or Michael Brown and I'd take Brown all day long.

Thanks for the insult.

Read again and you may understand.

Who said we needed to win games? As you said we were one point off safety. If brown organised the side we would've picked up points, no question.

Why does my quote 'tell you everything you need to know'? Oh wise one.

And no not at all completely the opposite. I'm just someone who realises smurf was/is a ***, Bruno was no good and brown is no good either! If you can't see how bad we've been since he took over then you need help.

'Jesus Christ mate'

Silver linings for me:

We won't see an entirely new squad. I expect to keep the core, including Bikey, Eagles, Fasan(?) and then hope the likes of Foley and Streete want to stay. I think we can all agree that with a striker scoring 20 goals a season such as Richards did, we'd have been comfortably top half.

The retained list and recruitment can start NOW. No faffing around for months on end like when Page left.

Brown and his staff have a huge point to prove. Fail now and most of them will not make it in management/ coaching at the professional level.

Anyway, as others have said time to get behind the boys. Reduce ST's to £250-300 and I'll be right behind them.

I think that range is reasonable and I will get on at that price. If I was the new hierarchy, and considering the ill will towards them I may go even cheaper to get fans on my side.

It won't be everyone's idea of the right appointment. However IMO it's the best decision for now, settles things quickly before the big contract decisions and allows Michael Brown to stamp his own mark on defining the coming season. For all these reasons, I implore all true supporters to get behind him and let's see what he can do as 'his own man'.

Archived