onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Brown is Port Vale manager on a permanent basis

Advert

All the best to Michael Brown and his team give the guy and his team a chance whatever peoples opinions are, he knows the club how it works, what we need and he is hungry to do well.

If he gets a decent budget and support from who ever is running the club he will do a good job just give him a chance.

Not the choice I wanted, but it's time to stop being negative and get behind the team. Let's just hope he has the funds to build a promotion chasing squad.....

Ask 10 fans and they'll give yo 10 different choices for manager, which is the problem. As soon as a manager is appointed some fans are looking for him to fail.

Forgive me if I'm underwhelmed by MB's appointment as manager.

2016-17 Season: Norman (owner) + Michael Brown (manager)

2017-18 Season: Norman (owner) + Michael Brown (manager)

More of the same = more of the same.

Except what goes in won't be the same because Norman is likely to put much less, if any, money into club.

Norman's plan is becoming clearer by the minute. It's what you might call the Marine Le Pen model of management. To detoxify the club's image, you step away and put your stooges in charge. You then go for an economic model that doesn't make sense, going for the cheapest option you can find while at the same time refusing to sell to anyone else who might make a success of it. And all in the hope that you can gamble again and recoup your losses - this is the name of the game.

Hands up those who trust Norman on his latest Plan X?

It's like groundhog day, almost as if the club is going for a second relegation.

I console myself by thinking that if it fails, we might at least have new owners locally who will bring intelligence and common sense to the running of this great club.

uninspiring and unimaginative but I guess within budget, the stats say it all and it was his team since Xmas.

Management record

Won: 5

Drew: 7

Lost: 12

Win percentage: 20.8%

Stats can tell you anything you want them to tell you.

What about losing Jones, Alnwick and Grant in January (late in the window)?

Having Walker, Guy, Knopps, Forrester, Shodipo all out for the season with injuries.

Having to scrape around for players without clubs (Bikey, Eagles, Mehmet, Taylor)

Having to blood local academy youngsters into a relegation fight (Turner, Reeves)

Having a "strikeforce" of Cicilia and Hooper.

And still only getting relegated by 1 point?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but he has had some rotten luck. Let's see what he can do building his own team. And if he's dreadful come December, then I'm sure he won't be here.

Stats can tell you anything you want them to tell you.

What about losing Jones, Alnwick and Grant in January (late in the window)?

Having Walker, Guy, Knopps, Forrester, Shodipo all out for the season with injuries.

Having to scrape around for players without clubs (Bikey, Eagles, Mehmet, Taylor)

Having to blood local academy youngsters into a relegation fight (Turner, Reeves)

Having a "strikeforce" of Cicilia and Hooper.

And still only getting relegated by 1 point?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but he has had some rotten luck. Let's see what he can do building his own team. And if he's dreadful come December, then I'm sure he won't be here.

And still only getting relegated by one point!!! Are you for real! We never should've been anywhere near the relegation battle! If our manager knew how to set a side up I'm sure we could've picked up something st chesterfield or Coventry!

every manager has to bloody in young lads that's part of football and fair enough he had some bad luck but that dosent mean we should've been that bad. Even with a dreadful strike force we could've been correctly organised and picked up regular clean sheets, remember our defence is actually decent.

Archived