onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Garlick : Manager statement

Fosse69

Just glad the new team are sorting out the manager situation quickly and not dragging it on for ever. He can now sort out getting rid of players, offer new contracts to those he wants to keep and hopefully the quality players (Eagles, Bikey) will sign up and help the youngsters coming through the system. Then he can go out and get the squad he wants and hopefully play 2 up front with wingers.

We know it will be Brown, as he is the cheap option for Smurf - who will be running the club, but from a far through the new Chairman and CEO.

Advert

Adams said he would like to help Vale as and when, but is busy with his other work, so basically ruling himself out. Hopefully he might help smooth relationships with potential players/agents now Smurf has taken a more distant approach.

What ever role he plays in the future, it should help Vale due to his experience and love of the club, he says he has for Vale.

It wont or couldn't be at Vale Park. The last of Smurf's leaving presents maybe - stich the club up with another inexperienced manager :laugh:

Would love to see him at Vale Park as a coach and teaching the strikers how to score and keep the ball in the ground when they shoot. He would take no messing - one look would do it on the training ground.

No idea im not a solicitor, but once a covenant is in place i dont think it can be removed/changed because you want more money. The covenant is in place to stop a coventry scenario again.

I think the only way it can be 'easily' removed is if it isn't being regularly used for sporting activity. As an example I believe the council in Scarborough took about 4 years to lift the one on the McCain Stadium after Scarborough went bust in 2007, due to various legal challenges and proceedings. They only demolished the buildings in 2011 and a supermarket opened on it this year! I'd imagine a number of the sites that older football grounds in this country are on have these covenants on, even if the grounds are long gone. I don't know but look at the Victoria Ground they've never actually built on the land that's on!

What about allowing Brown to build his own squad that, I'm pretty sure will be in the mold of him as a player, ie fit, aggressive and mobile and then judge?

No sorry don't want that at all. He's had half a season to be judged on and it's been dire. If he gets rewarded with the job after massively failing it's a disgrace. I 100% don't want to see him have the chance to build his own squad or put his own stamp on it. I've seen more than enough since he took charge and I can't see one positive of his management. Unless of course your into negative tactics, awful selections, negative subs and picking certain players who had been awful for weeks.not to mention on paper him being the 3rd worse vale manager ever...

No sorry don't want that at all. He's had half a season to be judged on and it's been dire. If he gets rewarded with the job after massively failing it's a disgrace. I 100% don't want to see him have the chance to build his own squad or put his own stamp on it. I've seen more than enough since he took charge and I can't see one positive of his management. Unless of course your into negative tactics, awful selections, negative subs and picking certain players who had been awful for weeks.not to mention on paper him being the 3rd worse vale manager ever...

Agreed.

As i posted yesterday, stoke were in the premier league with **** forwards, yet their astute manager at the time managed to get their centre backs to notch 20 goals between them......shame we dont have anyone with any sort of tactical nouse what so ever.

Theres no such thing as giving people time these days. Thats one of the most frustrating things I find about some of our fans, quick to turn on players, quick to have their scapegoats, quick to turn on the last 3 managers too and I'm guilty of that as well. I somtimes wonder if they expect to be seeing Premier top 4 MOTD highlights for 90 minutes at VP, we are a lower league side with inconsistent players. The season was always going to be hard from the off given the preseason we had and it proved hard to turn around given the squad imbalance and the lack of support from the chairman in January, lets see how Brown does with his own squad. I'm happy to give him that chance with a clean slate this summer.

I agreed with you when you've mentioned in previous threads about wanting to keep some of the foreign players in the hope that they'll be given a better chance next year. Why does the same not apply to Brown, who has actually had half the chance in comparison with hardly any of his own tools?

And before people say he did bring his own players in, There's a difference between mid season old pros/kids and the amount of players available at preseason.

This isn't a dig. I'd just like to know why Brown doesn't get the same chance as some of the squad which, ultimately, didn't do the job on the pitch.

I agreed with you when you've mentioned in previous threads about wanting to keep some of the foreign players in the hope that they'll be given a better chance next year. Why does the same not apply to Brown, who has actually had half the chance in comparison with hardly any of his own tools?

And before people say he did bring his own players in, There's a difference between mid season old pros/kids and the amount of players available at preseason.

This isn't a dig. I'd just like to know why Brown doesn't get the same chance as some of the squad which, ultimately, didn't do the job on the pitch.

I think he has signed more than enough players and from what I've seen I just don't think he deserves a chance. If we had performed well and go down then fair enough. But there was no improvement what so ever. Personally think you should only get the chance if you have earned it and I really don't think he has.

Archived