onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Garlick : Manager statement

Fosse69

That's a disgrace. Don't think I can bare watching another season under brown.

Then don't. You won't be the only one who walks away, but when people start to see stability and how he runs things given more of a free hand things will change.

No one makes you go to Vale - it is your choice. But now is the time to get behind the rebuilding and at the very least, give it a chance.

With a half-decent budget and his own players - like Bikey, Eagles, Shopido, Callum Guy and Tyler Walker (or similar), all of whom did fine until injured - then Brown could assemble a most useful squad that will be very different from this season. Add in Smith (we MUST keep him) and a fast developing Turner and Reeves plus a couple of forwards that actually score goals,and things will look a lot better

Advert

look where that got them

Non League will come eventually for both Crewe and Vale.

Yes, and we're all going to die eventually, but some of us might like a little bit of enjoyment, optimism and living of life before that happens.

The £50 is just nonsense. He went to league two because he wanted to be part of a promotion hunt. Extra cash is a red herring.

Not true. The player would have signed, but really - why are we all bickering like this is the politics thread over something long gone and unchangeable.

Give Brown the chance to sign some proper strikers this summer and let's all be more interested in that perhaps.

I think he has signed more than enough players and from what I've seen I just don't think he deserves a chance. If we had performed well and go down then fair enough. But there was no improvement what so ever. Personally think you should only get the chance if you have earned it and I really don't think he has.

But the players he has signed hasn't been from a great pool. He got what he could at a difficult stage. Some worked, some didn't. You can't say that that is a fair chance surely?

Yes, and we're all going to die eventually, but some of us might like a little bit of enjoyment, optimism and living of life before that happens.

There is no opitimism at port vale. ***** sake. **** manager appointments. Its the Vale fans that support that are even more pf a joke. There should be a massive outcry against this. Its v2001 all over again now.

Complete nonsense.

All this his own squad crap, he had a full january window, he signed 6 players and only played 3 of them. How many other managers moan that its the players fault they cant score for 6 out of 7 games? Bad workmen and all that!

He signed 4 older pros in Pugh, Eagles, Taylor and Bikey.

He signed a couple of young kids in Guy, Walker, Shodipo, and Prohouly.

7 of them were played, and played regularly (until injury in some cases). 1 out of 8 not being deemed good enough isn't that bad. You can't get them all right (and maybe it was a QPR thing whereby to get Shodipo we had to take the other as well?)

January was such a hard time to attract players. Plus with the team in the relegation fight we could attract players such as Jamie Proctor who would rather go to Carlisle and try and get a promotion on their CV.

At the end of the day there'll be more players we can try to attract at the start of next season. So to say Brown got what he wanted is ludicrous because he probably didn't.

But the players he has signed hasn't been from a great pool. He got what he could at a difficult stage. Some worked, some didn't. You can't say that that is a fair chance surely?

Of course its not, but that's the position he took and I expected much more regardless of whether he was dealt a poor hand.

So which one out of Morgan or Kelly will be our manager after Christmas then?

Morgan has had a couple of caretaker spells at Sheffield United and is 12 years younger than Kelly, who has no caretaker spells so smart money is on Morgan. Then people will say "give Morgan a chance to build a squad", "Morgan talks sense" etc etc etc

He didn't have a fair chance at all. I really do wonder who people thought we were going to get in? Behind the scenes is a circus. Brown is the least of our worries. Him and Morgan will assemble a decent squad and I imagine will work them hard through pre-season.

We had some very decent lads come in with the likes of Eagles, Bikey, Guy and Walker but we had some awful luck. Our injury list was terrible. We were and still are a club in complete turmoil when he took over and anyone would have done well to get a tune out of the 15-16 players he had available.

He will have decent contacts in the game and has shown that he can go to the likes of Derby and pull in young decent quality.

There is literally no point people saying the same thing over and over again. What Brown needs is for us to back him. If most of you aren't willing to do that then you may as well stop talking about it full stop and let the ones who want to be positive and get behind him talk about the future. I really cant face a summer of people on here whining about the same things day in day out.

We are up for sale, we got relegated and we have a new chairman. Its time to look forward and hope for the best.

Just hoping to see a well balanced squad, which would be different in itself, quality not quantity (where have I heard that before?)

Good enough for a league 2 campaign.

That will do for me.

Guest TommyMac
Its time to look forward and hope for the best.

I'd much rather we planned for the best but this is Port Vale so let's all keep our fingers crossed and chant the Vale Park mantras..... 'we are where we are' and 'we go again'.

He signed 4 older pros in Pugh, Eagles, Taylor and Bikey.

He signed a couple of young kids in Guy, Walker, Shodipo, and Prohouly.

7 of them were played, and played regularly (until injury in some cases). 1 out of 8 not being deemed good enough isn't that bad. You can't get them all right (and maybe it was a QPR thing whereby to get Shodipo we had to take the other as well?)

January was such a hard time to attract players. Plus with the team in the relegation fight we could attract players such as Jamie Proctor who would rather go to Carlisle and try and get a promotion on their CV.

At the end of the day there'll be more players we can try to attract at the start of next season. So to say Brown got what he wanted is ludicrous because he probably didn't.

You have missed Fasan and Mehmet off there, so he signed 10 and moaned the squad wasnt his or good enough???

Archived