onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Garlick : Manager statement

Fosse69

Bad decision after bad decision. An opportunity missed.

With our money situation who did you expect us to appoint,not having a go at you personally but when people have said over the past week not Brown i dont think one has answered my question on who they would of gone for on what we pay and who could work with smurf as the owner

Advert

He lost the three biggest players in the club during January, two of them on the last day. He replaced Jones with Tyler Walker who was scoring before he got a season ending injury, he replaced Grant with Guy who we were all raving about before he got a season ending injury. He then lost a host of other players to injury at different points and had to patch together a team from what was left.

Give him a chance to play a fair hand.

Sent from my LG-D855 using the onevalefan mobile app

We only had two centre backs on the books..... an injury or suspension to either and we were bolloxed. Still at least we had 6 keepers.

He lost the three biggest players in the club during January, two of them on the last day. He replaced Jones with Tyler Walker who was scoring before he got a season ending injury, he replaced Grant with Guy who we were all raving about before he got a season ending injury. He then lost a host of other players to injury at different points and had to patch together a team from what was left.

Give him a chance to play a fair hand.

Sent from my LG-D855 using the onevalefan mobile app

Walker didn't score in 4 before his injury. Reg and JJ were unanimously considered the better options.

I agree that Guy was a big miss but at the end of the day it was 1 goal in 7 games that sent us down. Our failure to replace Jones killed us.

We desperately neede a striker or possibly two so he bought in a midfielder and goalkeeper.

He had the chance to sign Proctor and another striker plus a goalie but dithered over paying an extra £50 a week.

Bet he wishes he had now.

He bought in 7 players that were worse than the players he had already got. He disrupted morale by not playing the foreign players like Amoros and don't tell me Tavares was not better than some of his geriatric signings.

Drivel! You have to be on a wind up!

We desperately neede a striker or possibly two so he bought in a midfielder and goalkeeper.

He had the chance to sign Proctor and another striker plus a goalie but dithered over paying an extra £50 a week.

Bet he wishes he had now.

He bought in 7 players that were worse than the players he had already got. He disrupted morale by not playing the foreign players like Amoros and don't tell me Tavares was not better than some of his geriatric signings.

Who dithered over £50? as it looks like you are saying Brown there

Who dithered over £50? as it looks like you are saying Brown there

The £50 is just nonsense. He went to league two because he wanted to be part of a promotion hunt. Extra cash is a red herring.

We had a mainly useless squad with the exception of about five, but in the last couple of games Brown got the best out of them and they gave their best efforts.

Unfortunately we have no capable striker. If he can bring in a good striker plus a couple of better quality players and bring the best out of the team as he did against Fleetwood the Vale might do well in L2.

We had a mainly useless squad with the exception of about five, but in the last couple of games Brown got the best out of them and they gave their best efforts.

Unfortunately we have no capable striker. If he can bring in a good striker plus a couple of better quality players and bring the best out of the team as he did against Fleetwood the Vale might do well in L2.

Agreed, also the biggest teams in that league (Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth) have been promoted. It will be very tight I imagine as it has been this season.

His retained list is massive. The likes of Kelly need to be replaced. I think he will keep Eagles and possibly one or two more but he has already said he needs 16 players. Its not going to be a boring summer that's for sure.

We were in a relegation battle, teams always try a bit harder at the end. Brown got the best out of nobody. We have a good defence yet still leaked goals under him, we struggled going forward but 1 goal in 7 is beyond embarrassing. A decent manager would've at least made us difficult to beat at picked up points in games we lost. A decent manager wouldn't have gone to Chesterfield and Coventry in the manor that we did.

We were in a relegation battle, teams always try a bit harder at the end. Brown got the best out of nobody. We have a good defence yet still leaked goals under him, we struggled going forward but 1 goal in 7 is beyond embarrassing. A decent manager would've at least made us difficult to beat at picked up points in games we lost. A decent manager wouldn't have gone to Chesterfield and Coventry in the manor that we did.

I was amazed with some of the results we got early in the season because even from the off in the pre-season games it was clear we were struggling to create chances, and that carried on throughout the season.

We had no midfielders who could get past the forwards and get on the end of a chance. We had no creative midfielders until Eagles joined. We had no wingers who seemed able to put the effort in and go past a man. We got Shodipo in and he promised it but we didn't see enough of it. Thomas is injury prone. Kelly and Hooper didn't look interested at all. Our full backs forward play wasn't good enough in support of the wingers, Kiko has got a decent delivery but with no strikers to get on the end of those crosses.... so to top it off to lose the only 2 players in Jones and Walker who looked capable of scoring was a massive blow and to end the season with Cecilia and Turner as our front 2 just shows how bad the situation was.

We had to go for it in some of those final games to get a win, but as with throughout the season we were terrible from a chance creating and carving teams open point of view.

So a guy with a worse record than the likes of Sinnott, Glover and Gannon is handed the job, and without any sort of serious thought about alternatives it seems. Staggering.

I do hope he does well though of course and am happy to give him next season to prove me wrong when he's assembled his own squad.

Archived