onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Garlick : Manager statement

Fosse69

Guest TommyMac

So failure is now being rewarded with job promotion. No wonder we're in the mess we are.

Advert

At this time, Brown is the logical choice. Maybe not the best option, but the logical choice. Finances will be stretched and available monies need to be spent on the playing side at present and not on an expensive management team. The restructure needs to start urgently and only Brown and his team can start this immediately.

But if Smurf was serious about selling surely an managerial announcement should be put on ice until the deal is done, unless of course it was going to take months for another party to come forward. Others are stating that Synetics have already bid for the club and have again lodged their interest, if this was the case and it was to be accepted then hold on a while. It wouldn't take long and the prospective buyers could also be given a change to appoint their own man. If I was looking to buy and Brown was given a 2 year deal, it would certainly put me off.

Will have to be a massive decrease in price for me to be remotely interested this time. The football under brown has been disgustingly negative.

It must be reaching the stage where they'll have to pay the fans to attend.

Brown will change nothing as far as bringing back in fans is concerned. He has already divided the fan base. I have nowt against him as a player but let's be honest this end to the season has seen he has been unable to motivate or introduce tactics to at least win us some points. His appointment may be premature also if we are to have new owners, because surely they will want their own man in charge?

As a Valiant I will back any manger until they prove they are not up to the job and so far unfortunately I have seen diddley squat from Brown to excite me or give me confidence for the future. I will be the 1st to congratulate him if he can mysteriously chameleon-like, change.

Sorry to disagree, Nelly, but personally I don't think we can afford to wait until the club is sold before taking steps to rebuild the team. Sadly, contracts mean nothing in football for players or managers and can be revoked at any time. How many managers are sacked? How many players join other clubs with time still on their existing contract. Taking your final point, if I were buying a club just relegated and a month later no action had been taken to rebuild the squad, then I would be worried.

So everyone wants to see admission prices cut but expect to see the management and player budget increase?

No I don't think that everyone wants that at all. I want to see a decent manager put in place, Brown for me was the same as Bruno. You could get a better more inspirational manager without increasing the budget surely.

Unity brings success, let's all get behind our new management team and give them a chance of bringing some stability to our club, we all need to pull together for any chance of success on and of the field.please support the club,put aside your difference, because together we give ourselves a chance.hoping and looking forward to a stable new season. One step at time.keep the faith u.t vale

Sorry to disagree, Nelly, but personally I don't think we can afford to wait until the club is sold before taking steps to rebuild the team. Sadly, contracts mean nothing in football for players or managers and can be revoked at any time. How many managers are sacked? How many players join other clubs with time still on their existing contract. Taking your final point, if I were buying a club just relegated and a month later no action had been taken to rebuild the squad, then I would be worried.

Fair points, I was assuming that the deal would be done presently, obviously if it is not and Smurf is awaiting further bids then so be it, get a manager in place, I'd be looking at a max 1 year deal to this moment in time with the uncertainty of new ownership if an appointment was to be made.

Get Brown in the job from today and lets get re-building for next year. Last season was not only a farce because of Bruno but also his late appointment meant we missed out on lots of potential signings. Lets start today, retained list tomorrow and get moving. In the meantime hope a sale happens so we can get a larger budget for next season.

They can't afford to wait on the announcment of the manager, especially as we will be offering players contracts and trying to sign new ones. Without a manager in place whos going to do all that and if he did remain as caretaker until a takeover then who would sign for a manager whos position is not confirmed.

Seems strange to call a press conference to just announce Brown.
Hopefully to also include the financial situation, budget and season tickets etc. But at least one uncertainty should be resolved, and a start made towards next season, not that it will suit everyone.

They can't afford to wait on the announcment of the manager, especially as we will be offering players contracts and trying to sign new ones. Without a manager in place whos going to do all that and if he did remain as caretaker until a takeover then who would sign for a manager whos position is not confirmed.

Then let's only offer him a short-term contract to Christmas, say. If it was all Bruno's fault last season (and most of it was) then Brown is unproven and we can't afford a couple of seasons waiting to find out if he's any good. His ratio of slightly over one win every five games will see us in the National League in that time.

Archived