onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Garlick : Manager statement

Fosse69

Advert

He's at Accy but not sure what sort of contract he's got, may be up this year or release clause. Besides which if he did want to go he could just quit couldn't he?

What manager under contract with experience is going to come the mad house that is Vale Park ? I would love Coleman but cant see it happening.

Playing devils advocate here......Maybe it should be Brown, he knows what its like at the club and what he's dealing with.

I agree. This time last year Rob wrote a piece about the situation at the time, in which he stated that Rob Page was the only stable professional person keeping the club ticking...or words to that effect. Within a few weeks Page went, and we had the summer of madness that has got us to where we are now.

When the flawed Bruno experiment was abandoned, Smurf made the next mistake, by not backing Brown or sacking him. Appointing him as caretaker manager prolonged the uncertainty and led to the disastrous transfer window.

What we need more than anything now is stability. An early appointment, one way or the other. For me, I'd give it to Brown. Maybe I'm not as cynical as others, but I don't like the thought that Brown's first managerial experience is viewed as a failure, when his hands were tied from the beginning with that parasite in charge.

Brown has a back room staff, he has built a relationship already with the players he'd like to see. He has a plan for L2 already in place, with targets probably already identified. We need to retain the key players we already have, and then recruit some stand out new signings. That would be a huge sign of intent.

If Smurf was true to his word he would honour the statement he made 12 months ago when he said that Bruno was a gamble, and one he'd pay for financially if it went wrong. He needs to write off his debts, sell the club to Synectics, and then hopefully a new affordable ST initiative can be launched.

Only under those circumstances can I see a positive way forward for the club going into the new season.

How so? I know he struggled at Rochdale but he's been decent other than that.

One club success which is a completely different situation to Vale park. He stepped up from Accrington to Rochdale and failed. There's no evidence what so ever that he would be a success at Vale park. No one else is lining up to take a chance on him.

Which experienced, or up and coming manager would entertain joining a club that is in debt and on a downward spiral, with no chance of having any capital to bring in quality players?

Hewould only gain a blot on his C.V. and jepardise any hopes of future employment.

Which experienced, or up and coming manager would entertain joining a club that is in debt and on a downward spiral, with no chance of having any capital to bring in quality players?

Hewould only gain a blot on his C.V. and jepardise any hopes of future employment.

why are we on a downward spiral and what club isnt in debt?

We have the capacity to become a championship club, we will possibly have one of the biggest budgets in league two, regardless of who is in charge etc. it will be 1m+, we have some good quality youngsters on the books , looking at it half full we are a perfect platform for someone to take a chance on getting us (and their career) up there.

why are we on a downward spiral and what club isnt in debt?

We have the capacity to become a championship club, we will possibly have one of the biggest budgets in league two, regardless of who is in charge etc. it will be 1m+, we have some good quality youngsters on the books , looking at it half full we are a perfect platform for someone to take a chance on getting us (and their career) up there.

Wrong. We HAD the capacity to become a champinship club, but Smurthwait put paid to any chance of that happening.

We now have the capacity to play in none league football.

If by a miracle we can get a new owner, we have ground rent to pay and knowing Smurf he will keep raising it to extortionate levels.

Wrong. We HAD the capacity to become a champinship club, but Smurthwait put paid to any chance of that happening.

We now have the capacity to play in none league football.

If by a miracle we can get a new owner, we have ground rent to pay and knowing Smurf he will keep raising it to extortionate levels.

He can't I don't think.

I'm sure there was a 25 year rent agreement in place when he moved the ground ownership.

Archived