onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What players?

RichG

Advert

I was insulted by the 13 minutes that Hooper put in at Fleetwood before his 'injury'. He clearly wasn't up for it and knew he was leaving.

Exactly as I saw it. I pity whoever is foolish enough to next employ that non entity, be it a football club or a supermarket

I was insulted by the 13 minutes that Hooper put in at Fleetwood before his 'injury'. He clearly wasn't up for it and knew he was leaving.

I was stood in the home end and we thought the same. I actually think he's a tosser even as footballers go.

If it's true that JJ Hooper isn't signing a new contract that's good news in my opinion.

However I'd be really concerned that he was offered one in the first place. He is in no way a striker and possibly not even really a footballer. I've never known a player (of any position) with a weaker shot, and his inability to strike a rolling ball is astonishing for a professional player.

I'd love to say he's worth keeping for his effort or nuisance value but he offers neither.

I don't care if he was offered £100 a week, I'd have to call into question Mr Brown's judgement if he tried to keep this charlatan. Same goes for Kelly....a total waste of space.

Is there any actual proof that Hooper was offered a contract or is it just a rumour planted by a Smurfette ?

I always thought Hooper was going to be a diamond in the rough. I was sure he had a decent record at non league I recall 20+ in 29 games. However I can't find that anywhere now and having seen him this season I'm glad we buggered him off to Northampton. Another one Bruno was right about. If hes here next season it will be another disappointing one.

It worries me that Brown can't issue a retained list.

If he is still considering signing Hooper,Kelly and Tanser he must be mad. These are the players who took us down and are a waste of a wage at £100 a week. They would prevent any aspiring youngsters from getting into the first team squad.Again we need a small squad of quality not quantity.

Only players who are good enough to play in the first team should be considered.Bikey and Eagles are a must sign to build on.We still need flair players as well as grafters to improve the team.A decent striker who can score goals is top priority but Pope is not the answer. His legs have gone two seasons ago.People wanting Dodds and Pope are living in the past and we would be wasting our budget considering them.

Good post. Can't argue with any of that.

Just because we haven't released a retaining list yet to suit peoples own personal timescales on here means nothing, except of course if you're anti-Brown then it seems to mean hes incapable of doing a retaining list and must be offering deals to players they don't like.

I'd like to think those at the cliub are more concerned about getting the budget right, identifying players and offering deals to the right players....... I hope.

I always thought Hooper was going to be a diamond in the rough. I was sure he had a decent record at non league I recall 20+ in 29 games. However I can't find that anywhere now and having seen him this season I'm glad we buggered him off to Northampton. Another one Bruno was right about. If hes here next season it will be another disappointing one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33856051

"Hooper, 21, has penned a two-year deal at Vale Park after scoring 20 goals in 29 games for National South club Havant and Waterlooville last season."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JJ_Hooper#Statistics

"He finished the campaign with 13 goals in 37 league games, and he also scored seven further goals in FA Cup qualifying, Hampshire Senior Cup and Portsmouth Senior Cup games."

Stats table says 14 goals in 42 games seen as County Cup games against opposition like Eversley and California F.C. aren't included, would be more like 20 goals in 50-60 games if you include them. Maybe the BBC report meant 20 goals in 59 games or maybe his agent spun a yarn or maybe it was just plain wrong, but I remember that headline grabbing stat being just completely wrong. Implied we were getting a goal machine rather than just a striker who was competent at semi-professional level.

Archived