onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What players?

RichG

Advert

Who can we keep? Of the 'panic buys' all were only on contracts until the end of the season weren't they?

So players I'd offer terms to a Streete, Foley (both likely to reject I would think), Bikey, maybe Purkiss, Eagles and maybe Pugh. The rest can go for me....every single one. I'd even sell Smith if we can get money for him towards the re-build.

I'd love for us to retain:

Defenders: Smith, Streete, Bikey, Knops

Midfielders: Foley, ADF, Eagles, Reeves

Forwards: Turner.

Release the rest. Loan out the likes of Slinn, Boot, Gibbons.

Obviously in reality all our decent players will leave and we'll have to start again.

He's a good player and well built too for a winger' date=' I reffed him for a previous club.[/quote']

The problem is we would sooner pay a fee and wages to the likes of Reg and Mbamba than take a point on these who would prob only cost decent wages.....ahh there i see a problem

Another massive summer awaits, not many I would want to keep. Another 2 goalkeepers needed, thought Fasan has done ok the last 2 games, maybe as a back up keeper, he would be ok. In defence, got to try and keep Smith, Streete and Bikey, not bothered about any of the rest, Knopps is under contract I think but likely to be out for a long time.

In midfield, again not many, De Freitas has been massively underused by both Bruno and Brown, he was the one driving us forward yesterday, can't believe it took 2 injuries before he was used. He was made the scapegoat for the performance at Chesterfield when others were worse than him. I would be keeping him, Foley, Eagles, I think Reeves is not ready for league action and would be looking at sending him on loan to get games.

Up front would be looking at keeping Turner and even Reg but another 2 strikers still needed. A massive task ahead for whoever is the manager.

Of the foreign players I'd keep Knopps, ADF, possibly Reg, he's shown signs of improvement last couple of games.

Hooper can go, as can Forrester, Thomas, Memhet and Taylor. Fasan is ok as a backup keeper, done well last 2 games, release Boot,Johnson, Lloyd could be ok in league 2 that's at least a dozen players gone, sign 6 or 7 quality players ( league 1 and 2 quality)

Reg is garbage, will ever make a footballer, get rid. Likewise Hooper. Be tempted to send Turner and Reeves out on loan for 6 months as we did with Smith. Get rid of those who've spent more time in the treatment table than on the pitch. We need to big centre backs capable of defending and scoring from set pieces which are the biggest threat in L2. Goalie who is commanding in the air. Box-to-box midfielder, two decent wide men, forwards...God, we basically need to start all over. If we survive next year it will be a miracle.

Archived