onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Favourite Service Station.

Martino Knockavelli

Gloucester services is the best. End of story.

Agreed but does get too busy and expensive.

As mentioned, I often stop at Cullomptom when going down to Cornwall.

Stafford is quite a good one which like Gloucester is a new services so guess we are improving in building services.

Advert

Tebay is the best in my opinion. Good for Carlisle away, though I also know a good Chinese in the city centre. I have been to Gloucester, it's the daughter but it is not as good.

Due to work I stayed 30 nights at Hartshead Moor which has good accommodation for the price. This is very good as well for food with Subway, Burger King, Starbucks and Waitrose et al. Even more so, you can walk out down the hills to go to real ale pubs. If you are fit and fancy a run up a serious hill then Brighouse to Hartshead Manor nearby does it. I have conquered that several times and its my proudest achievement this year. Finally if you are vegetarian this is within driving range http://www.prashad.co.uk/

• 3 weeks later...

Try some of the ones in France.

The food they cook there is way above most of what we get here but then they look upon cooking as an art and food and wine to be savoured not just shoved down your throat at a Burger King, KFC or McDonalds.

We tend to drive off the motorway and track down a pub using the Good Pub guide.

Archived