onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread:: Port Vale v Milton Keynes

Fosse69

How the hell can you "love" someone who is one of, if not the worst striker we have had in the last 30 years?

Danny Glover, Kyle Perry, I'd have them both NOW over this cumbersome ****!

He's absolute garbage. I'd start a youth team non graduate instead of him. The cries of "Reggie Reggie" are cringeworthy, pathetic and shows how far we have fallen.

Huge game. Big performance needed. Three points please. It's one of many cup finals like Browny said, so let's go and win our first tomorrow.

I don't think he's that bad. The problem is he is played up front on his own which makes him look awful as he can't hold the ball up and he's not got th engine of Williamson. He's performed best when he's come on as a sub and that's because we usually need a goal and he's put up front alongside another striker. If we played a 4-4-2 I'm sure you'd see a lot better Reggie. Am I fan...no but I really don't see him as that bad and a better option than Forrester when he came back from injury.

Advert

I don't think he's that bad. The problem is he is played up front on his own which makes him look awful as he can't hold the ball up and he's not got th engine of Williamson. He's performed best when he's come on as a sub and that's because we usually need a goal and he's put up front alongside another striker. If we played a 4-4-2 I'm sure you'd see a lot better Reggie. Am I fan...no but I really don't see him as that bad and a better option than Forrester when he came back from injury.
Opposing defenders don't know what to make of him when he comes late on as a sub. If when a sub comes on and there is a tremendous roar, the defence think the crowd are full of expectation and it can make them nervous. Especially an unorthodox player who has the knack of a goal sometimes. I don't mind who puts the ball in the net.

Reggie isn't that bad, he's young and new to the english game. I don't think he's good enough to be started but give him a year of coming off the bench and building experience and i think he would be a good league one player. I can't see him going further than that though. He can't head a ball at all but when the ball is given to his feet and people run alongside him he near enough always finds a dangerous flick on which gets us running into the box and put a shot away. How long were nearly all of us moaning about Bruno playing one up top and now Brown has been doing it for weeks hardly anything gets mentioned? We need two up top playing together, i don't like the one in front, one behind positions. Just stick the two next to each other. We do need to get some quality in up front though, Reggie and turner are young and inexperienced. Forrester is a sick note we can't afford and hasn't really been that great apart from the start of the season. hooper started scoring a few and then he's now gone of the boil again and playing back on the wing. None of these strikers are really up to much at the moment so it's unfair to constantly slate reggie when he has been used by Brown as last choice and now because of injuries we are down to last choice. Jones aside, am i right in saying our "worst" striker is joint top scorer from all of our strikers?

Tend to agree.

As you say, some of these foreign boys need to be cut a bit of slack. It's been a tremendously difficult baptism of fire for all of them - a strange country, a more physical, intensive style of football, new team-mates, two different managers, playing here and there in an injury prone and very poor team.

And if you play up top on your own.... well, you've got next to no chance. No support. No player often within 20 yards of you. No service from the wings or midfield. Just a constant stream of long high balls, with two big centre halves breathing down your neck. We've created fewer chances than any other team in the entire football league so it's no wonder our strikers look poor. Blimey, Ronaldo would struggle up top in this team.

He is our 3rd top scorer (Jones excluded) and has scored more than Forrester who oddly hasn't copped any stick.

He might not be the greatest forward we've ever had but I'm sure he does his best and he needs our support today.

How the hell can you "love" someone who is one of, if not the worst striker we have had in the last 30 years?

Danny Glover, Kyle Perry, I'd have them both NOW over this cumbersome ****!

He's absolute garbage. I'd start a youth team non graduate instead of him. The cries of "Reggie Reggie" are cringeworthy, pathetic and shows how far we have fallen.

Huge game. Big performance needed. Three points please. It's one of many cup finals like Browny said, so let's go and win our first tomorrow.

I think Danny Glover and Kyle Perry is taking it a bit far nobody deserves that insult

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Huge boost to have them three back and Purkiss fit which allows Taylor to stay in the middle. Was meant to be treating the wife to a day out... but we got up late... so I've put myself in the firing line and jumped in the car at 12:45 in Leicester to make it today... come on Vale!

Huge boost to have them three back and Purkiss fit which allows Taylor to stay in the middle. Was meant to be treating the wife to a day out... but we got up late... so I've put myself in the firing line and jumped in the car at 12:45 in Leicester to make it today... come on Vale!

Lol your going get shot

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Purkiss was terrible and Taylor not much better Tuesday. Shame Guy isn't fit so we could have played Taylor right back.

I do hope Eagles is back in the number 10 role as he's lost out wide.

Archived