onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread:: Port Vale v Milton Keynes

Fosse69

The glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel faded somewhat last night, having to rely just on home points is making the task more difficult. Apart from the mounting injuries and an international absence, fitness is becoming critical too. Most of all is for the team to show they are up for the grinding out of a result, passion on the pitch and in the stands build on each other. This is another must win, lets hope we have enough players to do it.

Advert

Well after last nights performance or whatever it was meant to be we find ourselves at home again in the first of two must win games .

Team well its patch them up and send them out and hope luck is with them and the fans r as superb as what they have being v Swindon and Shrewsbury.

I for one have enjoyed the home performances under Brown bar the initial first few .

Team well as i didnt go last night ill let the 516 who did go give u the teamwho should wear the shirt hopefully with the pride it deserves this sat.

We are due the rub of the green, and frankly who cares how we achieve the results we need? More to the point, what on earth is the point of this ecstasy-to- despair cycle that some people seem to go on?

We beat Swindon - optimism reigned.

We lost at Northampton - we're confirmed as down.

We beat Shrews - we're staying up.

We lose at Cov - we're doomed!

Things are and never were going to be straightforward in the run-in...but they won't be for Bury, Oldham, Shrews or Gills.

There's absolutely NO point in bellyaching about last night, it's gone.

If we give it maximum vocals on Saturday and we come up short then so be it. We KNOW how much the crowd have helped in the last two home games...we've got to do it again and hope we can pinch it.

While we're in control of our destiny, there's plenty of hope.

We are due the rub of the green, and frankly who cares how we achieve the results we need? More to the point, what on earth is the point of this ecstasy-to- despair cycle that some people seem to go on?

Things are and never were going to be straightforward in the run-in...but they won't be for Bury, Oldham, Shrews or Gills.

If we give it maximum vocals on Saturday and we come up short then so be it. We KNOW how much the crowd have helped in the last two home games...we've got to do it again and hope we can pinch it.

Yes, Tuesday night's game is gone, but there's no getting away from the fact that Vale are a very bad side right now,

and if we stay up , we'll be very lucky indeed. I'm sorry , but it is going to be very difficult on Saturday to get a win.

We're running out of games , and the run-in will be very hard to get any points. I'm an optimist by nature, but

Tuesday was atrocious to listen to, and by the time it was over I was depressed no end. Maybe us Vale fans should seek therapy during the summer, because this season has been very hard on the nerves. Port Vale Forever though. :upthevale:

I'd agree with that, apart from being due the rub of the green.

I'd say we used up 15 points or more of luck under Bruno, when fans were walking out of the ground wondering how the hell we have picked up a win or a draw!

a bit of the PNE 2-2 draw with 10 men spirit wouldn't go amiss this saturday.

Was it Duffy sent off early doors against a team 2nd in the League, i came away feeling proud to be Vale fan that night, they gave their all ( Duffy excepted ) and defied the odds.

Have this lot got it in them ?

Any news on players`fitness yet, or is Brown keeping the team under wraps? Will making all the games "cup-ties" enthuse the team enough to lift the crowd, with a return to their recent improved home performances? Time to start climbing out of the bottom 4 before it is too late. Come on Vale.

a bit of the pne 2-2 draw with 10 men spirit wouldn't go amiss this saturday.

Was it duffy sent off early doors against a team 2nd in the league, i came away feeling proud to be vale fan that night, they gave their all ( duffy excepted ) and defied the odds.

have this lot got it in them ?

,,,,,,,,no !!

Take it you didn't go to Coventry?

The manager was completely clueless, the players (Smith and Streete aside) showed nothing at all and we were made to look abysmal by a team who are easily the worst team in the league.

The manager was completely clueless, the players (Smith and Streete aside) showed nothing at all and we were made to look abysmal by a team who are easily the worst team in the league.

You are absolving the key person of responsibility there REP. I was at Coventry too, and I left blaming only 1 person.

God knows what team we'll put out. Completely lost track with whose fit and who isn't.

For me:

Mehmet

Taylor-Smith-Streete-Kiko

Foley-Tavares-Reeves-Kelly

Turner-Eagles

Good luck to anyone who can pick a subs bench. And pray to God nobody else gets injured.

Of course I was there. It was a shocking performance. We don't have the luxury of time to dwell on it.

Archived