onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Gillingham v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I'll try too. Up until yesterday we looked ok under Brown in the league. A deserved win at home to Chesterfield, a point away at Oldham, encouraging home draw with Bury and a good performance at the league leaders which, but for a crazy penalty award, could of yielded a point.

The $64k question is - was yesterday a day a one off or the norm with this team? We will no doubt know in a months time.

We need six wins and already:

Bristol Rovers (H),

Swindon (H),

Shrewsbury (H),

Coventry (A),

Northampton (A),

Chesterfield (A) all look massive games.

We certainly need to be safe by the Chesterfield game as in our last four games we play Sheffield Utd & Bolton at home and Oxford & Fleetwood away!!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

"A point away at Oldham"

Bottom at the time. Scored 15 all season.

"Encouraging home draw with Bury"

Won 1 in 21 before they came to Vale Park.

Do you live in the real world?

"A point away at Oldham"

Bottom at the time. Scored 15 all season.

"Encouraging home draw with Bury"

Won 1 in 21 before they came to Vale Park.

Do you live in the real world?

Oldham had just changed their Manager and have since won 3/5. IMHO the Bury performance was was good and if we could keep that level up we'd be fine. Unfortunately on Saturday we were nowhere near that level.

Oldham had just changed their Manager and have since won 3/5. IMHO the Bury performance was was good and if we could keep that level up we'd be fine. Unfortunately on Saturday we were nowhere near that level.

We have just changed our manager and have won 1 out of 5 .

Spunk Trumpet is spot on, Oldham away was abject, Alnwick got us a draw, Bury was better but they have the worst defence in the Division by a mile. Posh had just lost 5-1, 2-0 and 0-4 , perfect opposition surely .

From the 5 games Brown has been in charge we have 5 points, should of been 8 or 9 at least, comes to something when i am now cheering Oxford on whilst eating my sunday lunch.

Next Tuesday night at most i expect us to be a maximum of 1 point better off which based on other teams fixtures could have huge implications.

Fasan

Purkiss

Streete

Smith

Kiko

Shodipo

Foley

Pugh

Thomas

JJ

Walker

Boot, Knopps, Amoros, Guy, Prohouly, Forrester, Reggie

I'd put Pugh in the middle just to sit and let Foley go forward. We desperately missed experience in the midfield on Saturday. Also, the return of Thomas can't come quicker. I thought we struggled without him.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

How do you work that out? Coventry maybe but the others are within three points of safety.

I think it's probably 5 from the bottom 6 to go as Shrewsbury are on the up as are MK Dons. I think Swindon will escape but it's us and Bury, Oldham and Chesterfield battling not to join Coventry.

I don't know how the fixtures all look but to be frank we don't look like stringing two wins together any time soon and I am very fearful. We're on an appalling run and have been for months and if we get out of this now it'll be a miracle.

The other point is our goal difference is now looking very bad.

As you say, Shrewsbury and MK Dons form has improved. As has Oldham's (3 wins in last 5). Swindon have just signed Ajose who will get goals and Bury have goals in Vaughan. There aren't enough goals in our team.

We will be in the bottom four by March.

Given the fact our home form has gone, since Coventry W2 D 4 L 4 , we have simply got to win away somewhere or won,t stop up, it is that simple.

MUST win homes, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Wimbledon,Shrews.

Bonus points Bradford, Sheff Utd, Bolton and i'll put MK Dons in this pot due to exceptional away form.

This game Saturday is one we must look to win, i don't see us winning anywhere else, Chesterfield is a bogey ground and the rest look really dificult. We have 4 of the top 9 away, given we can,t win at Oldham, Bury or Swindon etc i for one struggle to see many points away from home.

Negative maybe, but also realistic.

We have indeed but Bruno didn't try it once and Brown doesn't seem that way inclined either.

But we really do have to stop conceding too many goals. It's largely due to mistakes at the back and individuals not doing their jobs. We need to be a bit more streetwise like Peterboro and stop the game flowing if necessary while at other times find Row Z.

It's game management.

Archived