onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Gillingham v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I hope you are right mate. I might be just panicking but I don't like what I'm seeing.

We look weak throughout the whole team and also very young. Are they up for a relegation fight? I'm not so sure

A bif of tinkering and a bit of luck,and bravery

i cannot c any reason why we cannot finish the season well .

I think Browny will get it right ,in terms of pressure on the opposition goal and desire to keep Peterboro on the back foot majority of the second half until the sloppy second giveaway goal .

All what was missing was the final ball and i take it thats what they should be practising this week ,along with movement when we have a set piece as its all to easy for the opponents to clear ,yet we on the other hand when we defending set pieces look all over te place at times .

Much to work on ,nobody died and these players who r selected from now on till ge end of the season need to show some balls in both boxes .

Last year this fixture was one of the best away performances by a Vale team since we came back in league 1. They were in the Playoffs and yet we utterly dominated.

Never forget Dicko and AJ's stonking strikes in that game.

This year? God help us, although Purkiss was outstanding there last year and ran the show.

Just looked again at the run in which looks horrendous. This is a massive game and if ever we needed to do something away then this game is it.

C'mon Brownie get the boys focused, get them organised, let's get some experience back in key areas, and lets basically do everything to get that anyway win.

All this talk of 3 or 5 at the back and playing this way, there will be no Shodipo or Thomas in the team playing that way, not sure where any creative spark would come from. We have been playing negative all season away from home, just feel like 2 wingers and 2 up front is needed and let teams worry about us rather than we worrying about an average Gillingham side.

Shodipo, while not been great didn't have a bad game, feel he should keep his place, QPR fans all speak very highly of him.

On another note, the weather looks to be getting a lot colder towards the end of the week, possible snow, hoping the game will be on, we already have Millwall on a Tuesday, don't fancy Gillingham on a Tuesday night.

All this talk of 3 or 5 at the back and playing this way, there will be no Shodipo or Thomas in the team playing that way, not sure where any creative spark would come from. We have been playing negative all season away from home, just feel like 2 wingers and 2 up front is needed and let teams worry about us rather than we worrying about an average Gillingham side.

Shodipo, while not been great didn't have a bad game, feel he should keep his place, QPR fans all speak very highly of him.

On another note, the weather looks to be getting a lot colder towards the end of the week, possible snow, hoping the game will be on, we already have Millwall on a Tuesday, don't fancy Gillingham on a Tuesday night.

I just hope it's not raining, I,m in that open end £10 as opposed to £22 in the side stand.

Fassan

Purkiss Streete Smith Kiko

Pugh

Foley Guy Thomas

Hooper Walker

Would drop Purkiss if there was an alternative.

Pugh to sit and offer protection/organization.

Bring Shodipo on for a tiring Thomas.

Use Foleys energy to get up and down on the right.

Bring Forrester on for Walker if he looks as disinterested as Sat.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using the onevalefan mobile app

Fassan

Purkiss Streete Smith Kiko

Pugh

Foley Guy Thomas

Hooper Walker

Would drop Purkiss if there was an alternative.

Pugh to sit and offer protection/organization.

Bring Shodipo on for a tiring Thomas.

Use Foleys energy to get up and down on the right.

Bring Forrester on for Walker if he looks as disinterested as Sat.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using the onevalefan mobile app

I'd go with that side although Foley needs to be disciplined as Purkiss was very unprotected on Saturday and it cost us with his own form.

They've not won this year either and won only once since the end of November, they have had a few decent away draws at the likes of Sheff U and Bradford. Home form looks very average but I'd still fancy them as we're looking shockingly bad.

That means they will win on Saturday. We always help clubs with bad runs.

Just hope we go with two strikers not 2 wingers and striker. It doesn't seem to work for us and we end up with only 1 shot on goal.

Steve do u reckon m8 .

I wouldnt play Tanser Defreitas again .

Id prefer Amouros at left back and Eagles played in the centre of midfield with Guy .

Id go as far as say we have no forward who is prepared lose a few teeth when a cross comes in .

Hooper good feet ,walker pacy ,forrester can hold it and keep the game flowing and Cecelia who for his size isnt great in the air but he does something he creates space for otbers as the other team r wary of him .

so my team injuries permitting

Fasan

Smith Streete Pugh

Shopidola Foley Amoros Guy Thomas

Forrester Cecelia

I think this team would be good but we wont know unless its played.

Brown must be clueless as 60 or 70 balls were crossed in v Peterboro yet reggie did not get on .

Not sure you can prune the defence that much- and if you start with Walker and bring Cecilia on as impact sub the rest looks promising. There woul;d be goals, that's for sure - and at both ends.

Team selection is always a bit of fun and we all have our own ideas.

I hope that big Reggie gets a bit of game time for us because he's been effective in his cameo appearances from the bench and I was very surprised that Brown overlooked him last week, particularly when we needed a goal and something different, to upset their big no.5.

Maybe he was a bit wary of throwing his final sub on too early because Smith was struggling but it still seemed a bit odd to me. In his last few subs outings Reggie has looked as good as anyone in changing the game in our favour. I've slowly warmed to him and he certainly has the fans on board.

High tempo. Get in their faces. Where the shirt with pride. Don't drop heads.

Every games a cup final until we are safe.

I'd take a point tomorrow and if we win it would be a huge result but if the worst happens I want to see us go down fighting and not just throw the towel in like some matches this season.

Archived