onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Gillingham v Port Vale

Fosse69

Stormy times at present, our chances don't look good after Saturday. By the time we play again in Burslem, motivation and organisation need to have improved, the best use of the new arrivals and existing players to be progressing, a large task indeed. Will we have a team giving it a go against a hardended bunch like Gillingham?

Advert

Fasan

Gibbons smith streete pugh

Shodipo guy foley de freitas thomas

Walker

Drop purkiss and tanser as they are either out of form or not good enough. Play 5 in midfield so we dont get out battled and fought like we normally do.

Playing Walker on his own up front will be a receipe for disaster away from home, the ball will just keep on coming back to us, he is too lightweight to hold the ball up, gets knocked off the ball too easily, not sure we have got anyone good enough to play this way. After yesterday's poor performance, got to be a couple of changes. For me if everyone was fit it would be;

Farsan

Gibbons Smith Streete Kiko

Shodipo Guy Foley Thomas

Forrester Hooper

Hooper is wasted on the wing, get him up front, he has proved in the past he can finish when given the chance, the full backs have been poor in the last 2 games, would be a massive gamble but think Gibbons should be given a chance, Purkiss has really poor for a number of weeks and think Kiko was made a scapegoat after the Wimbledon game and never been seen since, he did well in the couple of games before.

I know that some lads were poor yesterday but I would not be inclined to throw in yet another youngster (Gibbons) at this stage. We've enough of them already and that's the core of the problem.

Away from home I'd go 3.5.2 and try and strengthen the defence. Bring in Knops, possibly pair JJ and Forrester (agreed), and have a solid midfield three, hoping we might get one on the break. Midfield? It's perm any 3 from about 8 isn't it? Foley is a cert. Pugh for his experience I think. And one more? Who knows? Thomas? Guy?

It's a tough tough ask for Brown and anything we can get out of these two games will be a huge ask and a massive bonus. Don't Millwall have a cup match after they play us? Might help a bit but I'm clutching at straws.

Fasan

Walker

Drop purkiss and tanser as they are either out of form or not good enough. Play 5 in midfield so we dont get out battled and fought like we normally do.

Tanser out of form?

He's only played 2 games.

Fasan

Walker

Tanser has played around 40 league one games, has anyone else got more experience at left back?

Sent from my XT1072 using the onevalefan mobile app

How do you work that out? Coventry maybe but the others are within three points of safety.

I think it's probably 5 from the bottom 6 to go as Shrewsbury are on the up as are MK Dons. I think Swindon will escape but it's us and Bury, Oldham and Chesterfield battling not to join Coventry.

I don't know how the fixtures all look but to be frank we don't look like stringing two wins together any time soon and I am very fearful. We're on an appalling run and have been for months and if we get out of this now it'll be a miracle.

The other point is our goal difference is now looking very bad.

Archived