onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday experience

boslemportvale91

i went up to VP for the first time since Christmas. I have to say the atmosphere and surroundings around the ground are dull at the minute. The catering is awful I've seen better at non league grounds , half the staff seem uninterested or not motivated and no effort or incentive from the club to try and motivate fans to return to games. Who is the CEO/marketing manager nowadays ? does Smurf just expect people to turn up ? i thank him for everything he has done but i honestly think it's time to sell up before we fall anymore. Dwindling crowds and a chairman who rather argue with fans on twitter then use ideas or get help from someone who knows how to run a proper football club properly. I'll be amazed if we sell more then three thousand season tickets next season.

Advert

The "atmosphere" today was as bad as I can remember it in decades....utter apathy in the stands.

Another week has passed and I'm yet to hear any coherent plan to increase gates for the rest of this season, or season-ticket sales for next season.

Whilst I think we'll survive, it's going to take a miracle to get fans back in previous numbers. The utter apathy around the place means I honestly think we'd struggle to get 5,000 if we were top.

The "atmosphere" today was as bad as I can remember it in decades....utter apathy in the stands.

Another week has passed and I'm yet to hear any coherent plan to increase gates for the rest of this season, or season-ticket sales for next season.

Whilst I think we'll survive, it's going to take a miracle to get fans back in previous numbers. The utter apathy around the place means I honestly think we'd struggle to get 5,000 if we were top.

We'd genuinely struggle to get 5000 if it was free admission.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I went to FC United of Manchester vs Salford City last Saturday. The atmosphere and match day experience was infinitely better and there was a 4000+ gate in the Conference North.

Both teams have more support and money behind them. Won't be long before we see one or both of those sides overtake us in league standings.

I was optimistic when I walked into the Railway Stand. I saw we had installed new signs on the food kiosks. All proper professional looking. I saw we were selling cheese and bacon and cheese oatcakes. I thought "this club is now going places. Well done".

At 15:30 I thought I would go and treat myself to a bacon and cheese. Imagine my utter dismay to be told they had sold out.

At 15:30! When I questioned how we could be sold out this early I was told they were only given 5 of each!!!

5 of ******* each!!

What an absolute shambles of a club we are.

I have given up spending any money at the club. At Christmas I was going to treat my lad to a new top with HALL on the back, but they had run out of A's !!

I knew food was an issue in the Lorne St so I went to get a hot pie at the Hartlepool game at 3.22pm ! ALL GONE, along with the crisps !!

They spend more time in searching my kids for pop with a lid on that it's no wonder for the first time in over 40 years I have missed 4 home games on the trot.

I was optimistic when I walked into the Railway Stand. I saw we had installed new signs on the food kiosks. All proper professional looking. I saw we were selling cheese and bacon and cheese oatcakes. I thought "this club is now going places. Well done".

At 15:30 I thought I would go and treat myself to a bacon and cheese. Imagine my utter dismay to be told they had sold out.

At 15:30! When I questioned how we could be sold out this early I was told they were only given 5 of each!!!

5 of ******* each!!

What an absolute shambles of a club we are.

Still, at least the scoreboard was working. Oh wait...

Archived