onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday experience

boslemportvale91

Advert

I was optimistic when I walked into the Railway Stand. I saw we had installed new signs on the food kiosks. All proper professional looking. I saw we were selling cheese and bacon and cheese oatcakes. I thought "this club is now going places. Well done".

At 15:30 I thought I would go and treat myself to a bacon and cheese. Imagine my utter dismay to be told they had sold out.

At 15:30! When I questioned how we could be sold out this early I was told they were only given 5 of each!!!

5 of ******* each!!

What an absolute shambles of a club we are.

Do you think they noted how many they did not sell and so increase the stock for the next game?

Before Xmas I visited the shop on 4 separate occasions to try and buy a home shirt to be told the size you want will be here next week. No offer to take my name or Email to let me know when it would be in being as I mentioned I have a bit of a way to travel to Vale. After the 4th attempt to try and give Vale my cash I gave up. It's a similar story with the food. I now buy at the pie shop in town before the game. I want to spend my hard earned to the benefit of the club, not sure that they can be bothered make the effort to take it.

Who is the CEO/marketing manager nowadays ?

Interesting question. Colin Garlick is listed on the website as CEO/Club Secretary. On the same page we have a Commercial Executive - Joe Longhurst. If you check yesterday's programme, however, you will see that Longhurst's name and role have been removed from the list of club officials. I understand he has moved to another club. So at the moment we have no one in a commercial/marketing role at the club at all.

What weave got is a bunch of people trying to kick a ball with there boots on the wrong feet and calling them selves professional footballs sorry but yesterdays game was a complete shambles was there any fans left at the final whistle this season only just over 2000 season ticket holders next season at this rate be luck if its 1500 for div 2 football.

Match day experience.

There's a lot of small things, some won't cost a lot to put right, like cleaning the bogs, I know I've banged on about it before but the stainless steel urinals in the Bycars hav'nt been cleaned since they were installed, ( is it about 3 years) needless to say they are no longer stainless that's not to mention they are now covered in paint due to some diy decorating. The constant running out of food is actually costing money and is easily rectified by getting more stock in.

All the different coloured seats look crap and wouldn't have cost much to get seats of the correct colour, as I say just a lot of small things that all add up.

One little thing i did notice was the boxes of frozen pies they keep stacked up next to the toilets , surely that cannot be aloud ? they must have better storage then that.

yesterday has done enough to put me off going , for twenty odd quid the standard is a disgrace I've seen better standards at Newcastle Town

Because Vale fans used to attack them.It may cost less to shove them over there?

There's been no bother in the ground for decades, so that's not the reason.

It's about killing off any chanting between the fans and making life easier for the stewards and police.

Archived