onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury at home

Jacko51

It's because the overpaid parasites that work in IT never know anything about the subject they are dealing with - they know their technical stuff (sometimes, if we are very lucky).

The people who wrote this software for fixtures will know NOTHING about football, and probably even less about the geography of clubs and fans travel requirements.

Similarly this is why the NHS and most DHSS / DWP computer projects fail and cost billions and are late by years - thicko systems analysts are used who don't know anything about the projects they are supposed to meet requirements for.

DWP must waste ££££££'s on stupid projects and wasteful Bureauacracy yet the government still forces unemployed people to live on next to nothing

Advert

It seemed to be a lot easier to coordinate when Stoke were a Football League team. Once they got promoted you tended to find that the home/away sequence gets kicked out of sync when the Prem has a round of fixtures in a midweek or if we play two fixtures over Easter and the Prem teams only play one.

For my money the easiest solution to all of this would be for Stoke to get themselves relegated. I've thought it through and I haven't found any drawbacks yet.

When the fixtures came out in the summer i was an anorak and went through the relevant dates with Stoke, we have 3 homes on the same day Bury, Shrews, Sheff utd and one away day Shrews where both sides were away from home.

I e-mailed the football league quoting Man utd / City, Sheff wed / Utd, Villa /Brum etc etc, and said that this NEVER happens to these clubs so why when we are 5 miles apart has this suddenly crept in.

Off the top of my head ( may be wrong ) we had a lucrative last home game of the season v Sheff Utd the other year moved to a Friday, PNE in that cracking 2-2 was moved to a friday, and the Coventry 1-1 Sam Kelly screamer was moved to a Sunday.

This has only happened the last 3 or 4 seasons to my knowledge,

Basically i had a computer generated reply quoting the usual tripe of all clubs circumstances blah blah blah are taken into consideration.

The day is see Man Utd and City at home on the same Saturday i will heat my proverbial hat.

Suits me. Few beers after the game on a Friday and doesn't take up all Saturday. We have to change as Sky pay us (L1 clubs) about £4.50 a week solidarity payment.

Very annoying reason why we have to change though. The computer system needs sorting out. Didn't it (fixtures) use to be done in Newcastle somewhere? Is this still the case?

What is wrong is the compensation payments

I believe ALL football league clubs receive a payment, the same payment.

Maybe wrong but I am sure this is true ??

We may be moved 2 / 3 times a year whereas Walsall / Crewe may never be moved.

The money available should go only to the clubs affected who have to change

their usual matchday fixture

We should receive far more compensation than many other clubs

Not sure why we cant just play on the same day and we kick off at 1PM thus finish at 3PM as the other game begins giving 2 hours for people connected with our game to disperse home or through train stations out of the city (away fans/exiles)

Granted if its high profile games I can understand but surely this could be done to avoid night games in most cases?

Why can't we just play on the same day as Stoke?

Man City and Man Utd have played on the same day before yet we can't?!

Not sure why we cant just play on the same day and we kick off at 1PM thus finish at 3PM as the other game begins giving 2 hours for people connected with our game to disperse home or through train stations out of the city (away fans/exiles)

Granted if its high profile games I can understand but surely this could be done to avoid night games in most cases?

Some of the stewards work at both Vale & Stoke apparently, so couldn't do both games on the same day.

Also try getting the police to agree to that(although they are paid to police games, they would probably whinge they don't have the man power to cover Burslem and Stoke). Especially as we have a recent history with Shrewsbury(admittedly the last few games have been a lot quiter and there would probably have only been 5-6K there at the most). They'll be loving the fact if it's moved to Friday probably charge Vale the same price when they will be less there!:wacko:

The fixture computer does exist but it's still heavily manual and the clubs do get to have say..a very small say in vale's case probably

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jun/15/fixtures-premier-league-football-league-compiled

Yes, I actually read a couple of years ago that some smaller clubs actually request semi-long journey away games on a Tuesday night as it saves them on costs as they don't have the overnight stay travel there in the afternoon and then travel back afterwards and altho they get back at 2/3 in the morning they probably give the players the next day off or they come in later.

Rubbish for us supporters mind you but I can see why they do it.

Archived